Cooking meals for others...

minirog

Silver Member
It's so hard! Hubby can fend for himself, but he's out at work so I'm cooking my sons tea. It's soooo hard not to steal a nibble!!! Then I have to sit at the table with him whilst he eats it!! Hard stuff this first few days :(

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm ok cooking, it's when one of the family comes home with freshly baked bread :eek:

I stand sniffing it. I'm a secret bread sniffer :cool::D

Danger passed. Meal eaten and i didn't have a crumb. Happy days!

I'm a sucker for bread too. I've banned anyone from eaten nice bread around me. I can resist normal sliced bread, but would probably bite someone's hand off for a crusty cob!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Haha I'm a secret food sniffer now as well :p my OH is so used to me asking to smell his food he even offers it to me before he tucks in! What a strange habit to acquire.. luckily I've no kids so only my OH and he cooks his own dinner. Doesn't make it any easier to resist a cheeky nibble when he's not looking ;)

Have you ever noticed that rarely does anything taste as nice as it smells?! I enjoy the aromas nowadays and just remind myself it wouldn't taste as good :)

I allow myself to nibble on a slice of sandwich ham if I'm cooking, zero carbs and only about 30 calories. That's the best I can do!

Back