Cooking with extra light philidelphia

Juliewoo

Hi,

Is this ok to do? I'm making carbonara later & was going to use the healthy living creme fraice, but do you think it would be better using philly extra light?

I've not cooked with it before, but I've seen the adverts where they do!

Thanks for your help & also which one would be less syns.

xxxxxxx

I can't help with the sins but I have a fab recip for Ham & Mushroom Tagliatelle which is a WW recipe I got years ago - it is gorgeous and that is made with the garlic & herb philly!

Go for it it, experiment :)

Kat xx

Slim_Sharrie - gimme 10 mins and I will type it up for you and post it here as I only have it on paper, but I am nice like that ;) xx lol

Kat xx

[FONT=&quot]Garlic, Herb & Smoked Ham Tagliatelle
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]WW points per serving: 5.5[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Serves 2[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Preparation & cooking time: 20 mins[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Calories per serving: 430[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Freezing not recommended[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ingredients:
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]125g (4 ½ oz) tagliatelle[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 garlic cloves[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 medium leek, chopped[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]250g (9oz) mushrooms, sliced[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]125 ml (4 fl oz) vegetable stock[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]125g (4 ½ oz) low-fat soft cheese, plain or garlic & herb[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]125g (4 ½ oz) wafer-thin smoked ham[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 tablespoons skimmed milk[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Salt & freshly ground black pepper[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Method:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Cook the tagliatelle in plenty of lightly salted boiling water according to the packet instructions.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Meanwhile, place the garlic, leek, mushrooms and herbs in a large saucepan with the stock and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat then simmer for 10 minutes, until the leeks are soft.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]3.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Add the soft cheese, ham, milk and seasoning to the vegetables and mix together.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]4. Drain the pasta and add it to the sauce tossing everything together well and serve immediately.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Variations:[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] For vegetarian version just omit the ham and use vegetarian cheese.

[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Try substituting wine for the stock but this will add 1 point per serving.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]For a sweeter flavour, use onions instead of leeks.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Thanks Kat for the recipie.

I made mine & it was lovely. The light philly is only 5% fat & creme fraice 15% so it's a no brainer really.

Does anyone have the syn value of the extra light philly?

xxxx

And creme fraiche, even the RF one, isn't syn free - lots of people make that mistake. Hope you enjoyed your carbonara. I use philly quite a lot in pasta dishes - try mixing in with red pesto for a really quick meal.

PS the syn value is posted in the syn values sub-forum.

extra light philly - 85g is a HEb on a green day or

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kraft Philadelphia Extra Light 28g[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
red.gif
[/FONT] Original 1½ Syns [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
green.gif
[/FONT] Green 1½ Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

Back