Cooking with wine

skinnybride2013

Silver Member
Hi all, if I use 175ml of white wine when cooking so reducing the wine to almost gone is it still the 6 syns as if I just drank it?

Would appreciate your thoughts as both lunch and dinner recipes have a glass of white in :)

Thanks, have made the risotto and its huge so might even stretch over three lunches and only 2 syns ago then :)

I frequently use wine in cooking and just syn it per portion by dividing the syns by 4 (assuming making 4 portions!).

Denise

I think we need to be realistic. Alcohol boils at 78C and water at 100C.

So all alcohol in the wine added to a dish will have evaporated by the time the water in the dish starts boiling.

The sensible way to syn the wine is therefore based on how sweet it is. You need to then use alcohol free wine's syns.

1.5 for a dry wine (175ml)
2.5 for a sweet zinfandel (175ml)
1.5 for very sweet fruity infusions (100ml)

Hi!

Yes unfortunately so!

You boil off the alcohol but the sugars remain.

Gotta syn it as per!!!

I don't drink but I do cook with red wine so I was horrified when my chain of syn free meals stopped!

V xx

Hi all, if I use 175ml of white wine when cooking so reducing the wine to almost gone is it still the 6 syns as if I just drank it?

Would appreciate your thoughts as both lunch and dinner recipes have a glass of white in :)
Wine will lose alcohol in cooking and leave the sugar unfortunately

Back