Copyright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh and I am full of syns.. so bite me and enjoy lol :D

its funny isnt it how one remark can muster so much interest. i reckon we wont see her again and in no time at all she'll have rejoined under a different user name asking for advice! xx

I think the copywright issue is a tricky one. Ive asked Pierce to give his take on it, as site owner, and we'll go by his decision.

Some one from Admin, or myself or Irene will get back to you with a definitive answer.

So what exactly is being looked into (sorry if Im being thick) is it the fact that we're posting things straight from the website/book? xxx

ta - all received and understood (to the best of my ability!) x

The only reason I go to group is because I know that I wont stick to it otherwise. But whether anyone else pays or not is strictly their business. What suits one doesn't suit another. I am more than happy to give anyone advice if they want it!

Oh, and that bluddy sinbadsgirl nearly got me in trouble the other day for posting the syn free crisps recipe. I re-posted it in the main forum and some said they were free and some said they wernt. Almost wish she hadn't given the recipe now lol

I just want you all to be aware that ALL Slimming World literature is copyrighted.
The people that pay membership are lining the pockets of those that don't and giving them everything for free, I pay mine every week and am a little miffed that people that don't are getting access to member perks.. I have heard that you have to pay extra for the WW website, don't know how true that is.

in that case tut tut at you! http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/58897-newbie-too-good-true-2.html

I see I have opened a can of worms ! my original post may have been insensitive and I apologise if I hurt or upset anyone.
I hold my hands up and admit I may have done things that have infringed copyright and understand where you are all coming from. It's that willingness to help someone out, instinct that makes you do it.
My feelings haven't changed but I am entitled to my opinion.
I could go on but don't want to dig myself deeper !

Agreed!

Sinbadsgirl is online tho ????x

I see I have opened a can of worms ! my original post may have been insensitive and I apologise if I hurt or upset anyone.
I hold my hands up and admit I may have done things that have infringed copyright and understand where you are all coming from. It's that willingness to help someone out, instinct that makes you do it.

So why are you on this forum?

The whole point of SW is for people to lose weight. I think they would rather members had a support network during the week to help their members stick to their diet.

If someone joins on the first week and never goes back, but actually goes on to loose a lot of weight, and then tells everyone they lost it with SW, then surely this is the best kind of advertising for them!!

Some members on here would have given up ages ago if it hadn't of been for the support of this forum. A lot of newbies get stuck for ideas and if other members can help, then why not? Life is too short to worry about bloody copyright.

well sed and ita!!:D

From what I understand copywrite is a minefield. BUT Im sure SW would be quick to let Admin here know if they werent happy with whats being posted.

I think its probably best for everyone that we get a definite answer as to what we can and cant copy :)

i understand that but why has it taken until now b4 anything has been sorted and one comment from ONE member.
surely if its that big a deal it should have been agreed in the beginning??

umm not a valuable answer but WTF!!!
Err i dont think anyone is lining their pockets-
Why post a thread like this...
Talk about bringing a friendly forum down!

i fort this board was drama free but theres always someone that has to spoil that where ever you go?? :confused:

Think it was more than a can of worms in the end..

If you dont agree with the way things are done here then you are free to leave.. Yes everyone is entitled to an opinion, but when that opinion goes against the whole ethos of the site then really that opinion needs to be either kept to oneself or more sensitively put. There was plenty of opportunity for you to express what you meant by your comments.

i understand that but why has it taken until now b4 anything has been sorted and one comment from ONE member.
surely if its that big a deal it should have been agreed in the beginning??

It will have been, but I personally dont know what it is which is why we need Pierce or someone from Admin to confirm what the rules are.

So if this site becomes for only SW paying people, how will you get them to prove it when they join?
If it ends up that recipes and stuff cant be shared, aside from making slimming buddies, whats the point in this site carrying on??
Surely its the same issue on alot of the diet threads on here??

So if this site becomes for only SW paying people, how will you get them to prove it when they join?
If it ends up that recipes and stuff cant be shared, aside from making slimming buddies, whats the point in this site carrying on??
Surely its the same issue on alot of the diet threads on here??

I dont think anyone is saying its for SW paying people only. The point being highlighted is whether under current copywright rules are we allowed to lift pages from the SW web site.

I think youll find things being lifted from the site only number a tiny fraction of the posts on here. The purpose of this forum is and always has been to support people on particular diets, I cant see why that would change just because of copywrite rules :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back