CoQ10

Discussion in 'Nutrition, Health & Beauty' started by leslieann1, 18 March 2009 Social URL.

1. leslieann1

leslieann1 Member

I am really looking to improve my health. I have started researching suppliments. I am hearing alot of good things about Coq10 & heart health. Has anyone taken this on a regular basis?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. leslieann1

leslieann1 Member

Hey guys, this is in relation to the above question: last week I was in Flordia & wandered into a health store- I asked about coq10 & they recommended Emperors Essentials Coq10. Its a softgel form- the guy said that was way better than the other capsules- anyways, I was wondering if any of you have tried it? What did you think? I was impressed & am now taking it daily- I'll keep you all posted!!! I plan to keep trying new supplements to find what works best for me.

Also if anyone can recommend a good multi vitamin I would greatly appreciate it!

4. leslieann1

leslieann1 Member

Hi gang! I have been taking Coq10 for about a week. I am noticing I have more energy.

I was recently diagnosed with high cholesterol & high blood pressure. The Dr put me on statins. These meds deplete the body of nutrients- coq10 for one- so HOPEFULLY taking these supplements with help counteract the " depletion " due to the meds.

I really need to look into more vitamins. Again- I ask- any recommendations?

Thanks!

5. leslieann1

leslieann1 Member

Hi all- I found out I also need to increase my intake of potassium. I guess I better eat more bananas!!!

6. leslieann1

leslieann1 Member

Well, I've been taking Coq10 for a while now & I can sure tell a difference. I have more energy. I wake up feeling good. Here is an odd one- my skin looks great! I've read Coq10 is supposed to exert an anti-aging effect, it must be true because I'm looking GOOD! LOL!

Anyways, I am now on to my next supplement discovery. Again I ask, any recommendations?

Last edited: 14 April 2009
  7. leslieann1

leslieann1 Member

I just read coq10 can help with weight loss because it stimulates the metabolism. I had no idea coq10 had so many benefits.

8. Capirossi

Capirossi Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hi Leslieann. I can't believe no-one has replied to you :confused: lol I usually only use the CC board, but have started wandering and here I am!

I take CoQ10 every day, one in the morning and one in the evening. They are softgel, but I can't tell you what they are as I have decanted the last lot into my pill boxes and thrown the bottle! I take quite a lot of supplements, including Evening Primrose Oil, fish oil, calcium, glucosamate (sp?!), multivitamins, green tea extract and a few more that I can't think of right now.

I take quite high doses, and mostly twice a day. I stopped eating properly and exercising for about 5 weeks, and also stopped taking my supplements. It was only then that I realised how much good they were doing me! My skin became dry again, like it was pre-supplement days, my hair was dry and lacking lustre, my energy levels went through the floor, and I generally felt really bad. I have been back on them for a couple of weeks now and I am back to 'normal'!!

One piece of advice I would give to anyone who is trying to eat properly (hate the word 'diet'!) and exercising is to research your supplements. Also, don't buy the mainstream one a day variety, go for the higher doses and take a few a day - they won't kill you! The recommended amount on the labels are purely there to safeguard the manufacturer, your body can deal with a lot more. For some good reading on supplements try googling for body building sites. Trust me, these guys know what they are talking about ;) lol These boards are also invaluable for nutrition and exercise advice. They have certainly helped me. :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.