Corblimey's Food Diary

Thursday 14.06.2012

B - Banana, Activia 0% vanilla yog & strawbs. Milk for brews = HEA, 1 tsp sugar (1)

L - Ham and egg salad - lett, toms, red onion, peppers and celery, cucumber and carrot sticks. Strawbs and cherries.

T - Kipper and crushed new potato herby thing with large salad. (2 syns for tsp butter)

Snacks - Apple, 2 x Alpen Lights HEB

Syns planned so far - 3
Weekly total -

Need to go shopping after work, again! It's unbelievable how much fruit and veg we have been going through recently, still better than crappy unhealthy foods

I know! You can spend so much money can't you? I have a huge Morrisons right by my train station, so every night I think "i need this i need that" and spend so much money - our shopping bill is so large for the two of us sometimes, It is mainly good stuff though (with goodies for Mick). Is it just the two of you?

Cor blimey (get it!) that looks handsome Vickie, apart from the peas which, IMO together with Ginger are the devils food - although oddly I like mushy peas and also fresh peas from their pods - so maybe they aren't the devils food.... :confused:

Can I have the recipe purlease?

ps. I totally would have done that meal - I am a pasta monster - just wondering, how much do you usually put in for spaghetti? My usual rule of thumb is half a pack for two people, which is generous (in fact Mick think I serve him too much, I think its fine!), the other day I greedily had three portions from a whole packet....to myself!!!!

Ooh I love all peas, not had pea pods for years I used to eat them like sweets when I was little. Might have to pick some up when I go shopping tonight they are in season now aren't they?

I normally weigh my pasta and rice etc or I cook way too much and end up wasting it so I would do 200g pasta for us both, but Rick gets about 130g of that as he eats more and does a physical job (and can pretty much eat whatever he wants without putting weight on :()

Smoked Salmon Philly Pasta
2 packs of smoked salmon trimmings (I get the ones from Morrisons, think they are about 120g each and cheap at around a quid a pack :D)
150g Light Philly (2 x HEXA)
Garlic (I used loads but I love garlic)
White onion, finely chopped
Asparagus bundle, trimmed and halved
Half a pack of green beans halved
Peas (AKA the Devil's Food!)
Parsley
Chives
2 x Tbsp Parmesan (1.5syns each)
Squeeze Lemon

Cook pasta in boiling water and meanwhile saute onion and garlic in frylight
When onion cooked add the smoked salmon and a splash of water from the pasta pan to stop it sticking and break up a bit with a spoon, cook for a couple of mins(I don't like raw fish so I cook my smoked salmon, if you like it raw you could just add the salmon at the end I guess)
Add the philly with some more pasta water to let it down a bit.
I add the veg to the pasta pan in stages, so green beans 4 mins before end of cooking time, asparagus 2 mins and peas for the last minute
Drain pasta & veg and reserve some water
Add parmesan, lemon and herbs to sauce & loads of black pepper, I don't add any salt as the salmon is rather salty - I love salty food but this was just right for me
Toss pasta, veg and sauce together. You may need to loosen with the reserved pasta water if it looks a bit claggy

xx

I know! You can spend so much money can't you? I have a huge Morrisons right by my train station, so every night I think "i need this i need that" and spend so much money - our shopping bill is so large for the two of us sometimes, It is mainly good stuff though (with goodies for Mick). Is it just the two of you?

Oh it's ridiculous what we spend on shopping, but I always have done tbh, I feel like I spend half my life in a supermarket! Yeah just the two of us and a cat but I normally feed friends at least once a week, three times last week!

Rick never used to eat fruit, I used to have to force him to take a banana to work which would normally come back squished at the botom of his bag, he sounds like a school boy!, now he has started taking my activia yogs and strawberries & cherries, suppose I shouldn't complain but it's getting expensive!

Our local Morrisons has just had a bit of a makeover recently and has loads of weird and wonderful veg in now which is ace, half of them I haven't even heard of before so I get very excited, it's quite sad haha! I normally come out with one new thing to try then search for recipes - Choi sum, kow choi, rambutan anyone??

Last nights kipper and crushed potato thing, great comfort food. Would probably have gone better with a green salad but I was a bit sick of lettuce

Attachments

• 12-B17818DD-763259-800.jpg
    12-B17818DD-763259-800.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 69
Friday 15.06.2012

B - Apple. 2 splashes milk (1) 1 tsp sugar (1)

L - Ham salad with cold new pots, lett, cuc, celery, mooli, toms, radish & celery sticks. Cherries

T - HM cheese and bacon burger and spicy potato wedges (normal and sweet pot) with large salad of lett, onion and toms. Small WM roll for HEB and 30g cheddar (HEA)

Snacks - Apple, Wine - full bottle (25.5)

Syns - 27.5
Weekly Total - 37.5 /105 = 67.5 left

Attachments

• 12-E4A97B7F-580857-800.jpg
    12-E4A97B7F-580857-800.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 12-B696A2BA-891230-800.jpg
    12-B696A2BA-891230-800.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Ooh I love all peas, not had pea pods for years I used to eat them like sweets when I was little. Might have to pick some up when I go shopping tonight they are in season now aren't they?

I normally weigh my pasta and rice etc or I cook way too much and end up wasting it so I would do 200g pasta for us both, but Rick gets about 130g of that as he eats more and does a physical job (and can pretty much eat whatever he wants without putting weight on :()

Smoked Salmon Philly Pasta
2 packs of smoked salmon trimmings (I get the ones from Morrisons, think they are about 120g each and cheap at around a quid a pack :D)
150g Light Philly (2 x HEXA)
Garlic (I used loads but I love garlic)
White onion, finely chopped
Asparagus bundle, trimmed and halved
Half a pack of green beans halved
Peas (AKA the Devil's Food!)
Parsley
Chives
2 x Tbsp Parmesan (1.5syns each)
Squeeze Lemon

Cook pasta in boiling water and meanwhile saute onion and garlic in frylight
When onion cooked add the smoked salmon and a splash of water from the pasta pan to stop it sticking and break up a bit with a spoon, cook for a couple of mins(I don't like raw fish so I cook my smoked salmon, if you like it raw you could just add the salmon at the end I guess)
Add the philly with some more pasta water to let it down a bit.
I add the veg to the pasta pan in stages, so green beans 4 mins before end of cooking time, asparagus 2 mins and peas for the last minute
Drain pasta & veg and reserve some water
Add parmesan, lemon and herbs to sauce & loads of black pepper, I don't add any salt as the salmon is rather salty - I love salty food but this was just right for me
Toss pasta, veg and sauce together. You may need to loosen with the reserved pasta water if it looks a bit claggy

xx

Hey!

Yes the peas are bang in season at the mo - I love them too - I shelled a load and put a teeny sprinkle of salt on top - yumbo!

Wow, you are so much more restrained on the pasta than me! I might give 100g per person a go - I feel greedy!

Thanks for the recipe - I guess you could use anything with that recipe, I do a similar carbonara, actually I say similar, the only things in common are the spaghetti and the phili!

Oh it's ridiculous what we spend on shopping, but I always have done tbh, I feel like I spend half my life in a supermarket! Yeah just the two of us and a cat but I normally feed friends at least once a week, three times last week!

Rick never used to eat fruit, I used to have to force him to take a banana to work which would normally come back squished at the botom of his bag, he sounds like a school boy!, now he has started taking my activia yogs and strawberries & cherries, suppose I shouldn't complain but it's getting expensive!

Our local Morrisons has just had a bit of a makeover recently and has loads of weird and wonderful veg in now which is ace, half of them I haven't even heard of before so I get very excited, it's quite sad haha! I normally come out with one new thing to try then search for recipes - Choi sum, kow choi, rambutan anyone??

I know what you mean having a man child living with you! Mick is very similar! He has put on a little weight recently and none of his jeans fit him, so I persuaded him to get on the scales, which he hasn't done since early March and he has put on a stone - so I hope he joins me. He is fine of an evening, he mainly eats what I cook, but he grazes on crap during the day. Ah well, you can only guide them can't you - they grow up so fast!

I love the sound of your Morrys with all those fab things to try - whats a rambutan?

Weekend food plan so far

Friday 15.06.2012

B - Activia Pineapple 0% yog with strawbs. 2 splashes milk (1) 1 tsp sugar (1)

L - Ham salad with cold new pots, lett, cuc, celery, mooli, toms, radish & celery sticks. Cherries

T - HM Burger and spicy potato wedges (normal and sweet pot) with large salad. Small WM roll for HEB and 30g cheddar (HEA)

Snacks - Apple, Wine - full bottle (25.5)

Syns planned - 27.5
Weekly Total - 37.5 /105 = 67.5 left

Saturday 16.06.2012 - Red Day

B - BGTY Sainsbos sausage x 2 (1) with scrambled eggs, tinned toms and mushrooms. 1 tsp sugar (1) Milk (HEA1)

L - Fruit

T - Mexican Night
  • Starter - Stuffed Jalapenos with quark, bacon & corriander mixture. Topped with cheese (HEA2) and breadcrumbs - approx 1.5 syns will update
  • Main - Roasted pork Carnitas style with large salad and 2 WM Adsa Pittas (HEB1&2) Smoked Chipotle Salsa and Fake Sour Cream
  • Dessert - Struggled to find an adaptable one here, kept finding recipes for churros :drool: which I dont think can be made SW friendly somehow so opted for pineapple skewers with chilli, lime and passionfruit drizzle (might use some honey - syns to update)

Wine full bottle of (25.5)

Syns planned - 29
Weekly Total - 66.5/105 = 38.5 left

Sunday 17.05.2012

B - Omelette with pepper and mushrooms with beans. (Cheese for omelette = HEA). 1 tsp sugar (1) 2 x splashes milk (1)

L - Fruit

T - Roast chicken dinner with pots, carrots and parsnip, green beans and broccoli. Stuffing balls (0.5) Gravy (approx 2 will update)

Snacks - 2 x alpen light (HEB)

Syns Planned - 4.5
Weekly Total - 71/105 = 34 left

Some of this will likely change and syns will increase so will update syns as used after the weekend

Hun, your Mexican night sounds smoking!!!! I can't wait to see pics and recipes on the other thread! I am sitting here excited, like I am going to be the one eating it! I am now jealous! WHat a genuis idea to stuff the peppers - oh my good god, heavenly!

Have a lovely lovely weekend....

ps. I love the fact that you are having two bottle of vino - you go girlfriend!

Hey!

Yes the peas are bang in season at the mo - I love them too - I shelled a load and put a teeny sprinkle of salt on top - yumbo!

Wow, you are so much more restrained on the pasta than me! I might give 100g per person a go - I feel greedy!

Thanks for the recipe - I guess you could use anything with that recipe, I do a similar carbonara, actually I say similar, the only things in common are the spaghetti and the phili!

Nah that's the beauty of SW, you don't need to worry about weighing stuff so you don't need to feel greedy, I only weigh pasta and rice etc as I seem to have no concept of volume so end up making soooo much it gets wasted and I hate wasting food. Is your carbonara recipe on your page? I haven't made carbonara while doing SW, I'm a bit scared of how it would taste as I love the 'proper' recipe of egg yolks and double cream xx

I know what you mean having a man child living with you! Mick is very similar! He has put on a little weight recently and none of his jeans fit him, so I persuaded him to get on the scales, which he hasn't done since early March and he has put on a stone - so I hope he joins me. He is fine of an evening, he mainly eats what I cook, but he grazes on crap during the day. Ah well, you can only guide them can't you - they grow up so fast!

I love the sound of your Morrys with all those fab things to try - whats a rambutan?

Haha Ricks the same, he will eat whatever I cook at evening except if I am making fish and veggie food too much then he gets a bit disgruntled, it's what he eats when I'm not there that's unhealthy!
Morrys is fab, I actually squealed with excitement when I first went into the store! I didn't buy the rambutan, I googled it and it's a kind of fruit that looks a bit like a lychee. I need to be a bit more adventurous and buy things instead of just looking at them! They had fresh turmeric and galangal too which round here you never normally see outside an asian supermarket, might treat myself to Rick Steins Eastern Odyssey book when I reach another mini-goal and find some recipes

Saturday 16.06.2012 - Red Day

B - Banana. Milk HEA1 and 1 tsp sugar (1)

L -

T - Mexican Night

• Starter - Stuffed Jalapenos with quark, bacon, garlic, onion, cumin & coriander mixture. Topped with cheese (HEA2) and breadcrumbs (1.5 syns)
  • Main - Roasted pork Carnitas style with large salad and 1 Adsa WM Pitta (HEB1) Smoked Chipotle Salsa

Pics attached, unfortunately I was on the wine by this time so pic quality quite poor, they were the best of the lot as most of them were rather wobbly!

Wine full bottle of (25.5)

(Missed HEB2)
Syns - 28
Weekly Total - 65.5/105 = 39.5 left

Attachments

• 12-17DADE21-665521-800.jpg
    12-17DADE21-665521-800.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 79
  • 12-4CC11962-669305-800.jpg
    12-4CC11962-669305-800.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 12-198FB6C0-814615-800.jpg
    12-198FB6C0-814615-800.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 72
  • 12-EEE68F39-701787-800.jpg
    12-EEE68F39-701787-800.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 89
Sunday 17.06.2012

B/L - 3 splashes milk (1.5) 1.5 tsp sugar (1.5) Omelette with BGTY Sainsbos sausage (1) peppers, onion, mushroom, cherry toms and chives with baked beans. Pic attached (I didn't eat all of this by the way, I had about 1/3!!) WM Pitta (HEB) Cheese (HEA1)

T - Roast chicken with salad of lett, cel, carrot, cuc, radish, onion, toms and pepper with stuffing balls (0.5)

Snacks - Alpen light x 2 (6)

Syns 10.5
Weekly Total - 76/105 = 29 left

Attachments

• 12-53947BDE-1022141-800.jpg
    12-53947BDE-1022141-800.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 75
Monday 18.06.2012

B - None, I need to get better at this but had a busy morning. 1.5 tsp sugar (1.5) Milk = HEA

L - Leftover salad and chicken from last night with 3 stuffing balls (0.5) Cherries

T - Chicken and prawn 'fried' rice with peppers, onions, mushrooms, babycorn, ssnap peas, garlic and chilli. (2 syns for sweet chilli sauce) Crispy Kale

Snacks - Orange, nectarine, 2 x Alpen Lights (HEB)

Syns - 4/15
Weekly Total - 80/105 = 25 left

Last edited:
Nah that's the beauty of SW, you don't need to worry about weighing stuff so you don't need to feel greedy, I only weigh pasta and rice etc as I seem to have no concept of volume so end up making soooo much it gets wasted and I hate wasting food. Is your carbonara recipe on your page? I haven't made carbonara while doing SW, I'm a bit scared of how it would taste as I love the 'proper' recipe of egg yolks and double cream xx

PLEASE try the carbonara, it is fantastic, I have it once a week and when I don't have it for a few days, I start to crave it! Mick won't eat it (surprise surprise) so this is just for one:

Spaghetti/linguine
71g phili (I like to use only 50-60g and have a little grated parmesan on top after, just a sprinkling)
bacon (I use 2/3 medallions) - chopped
28g Chorizo (2.5) (this is only optional if you can spare the syns - I love chorizo, so any excuse to use it really!) - chopped
1 egg
small pinch of garlic powder
Mushrooms (optional)

Cook the pasta
Fry off the bacon and chorizo (mushrooms if you have any), once cooked, then pat down with paper towel and leave
Whisk the egg, phili and garlic powder together, its really lumpy at first but beat it hard and it does get smooth.
Drain off the pasta (reserve a little bit of the pasta water, half a cupful. Turn off the heat.
Add the meat and the egg mix to the pasta and then sit it on the cooling ring, for a couple of minutes, constantly stirring. The egg needs to be warmed through.

It is so lovely Vic, I was really dubious about it myself, but I absolutely love doing this dish. It isn't something you can have the next day though as the sauce goes claggy if left.

PLEASE try the carbonara, it is fantastic, I have it once a week and when I don't have it for a few days, I start to crave it! Mick won't eat it (surprise surprise) so this is just for one:

Spaghetti/linguine
71g phili (I like to use only 50-60g and have a little grated parmesan on top after, just a sprinkling)
28g Chorizo (2.5) (this is only optional if you can spare the syns - I love chorizo, so any excuse to use it really!) - chopped
1 egg
Mushrooms (optional)

Cook the pasta
Fry off the bacon and chorizo (mushrooms if you have any), once cooked, then pat down with paper towel and leave
Whisk the egg, phili and garlic powder together, its really lumpy at first but beat it hard and it does get smooth.
Drain off the pasta (reserve a little bit of the pasta water, half a cupful. Turn off the heat.
Add the meat and the egg mix to the pasta and then sit it on the cooling ring, for a couple of minutes, constantly stirring. The egg needs to be warmed through.

It is so lovely Vic, I was really dubious about it myself, but I absolutely love doing this dish. It isn't something you can have the next day though as the sauce goes claggy if left.

I am sooo making this one night this week, sounds seriously yum and the last carbonara I tried on sw was a disaster! lol Thanks for sharing!

Spaghetti/linguine
1 egg
Mushrooms (optional)

Cook the pasta

Thanks hun, that sounds lovely, mmmm chorizo. Will put it on the menu for Wed/Thurs this week xx

Tuesday 19.06.2012 Red Day

B - Apple and Activia 0% mango yog. 1 tsp sugar and 2 x splashes milk (2)

L - Mackerel in tom sauce with salad - lett, onion, radish, peppers, celery, cuc and carrot sticks. 3 x Ryvita suflower seeds and oats (HEB1) 2 LC Ex L triangles (2) Cherries

T - Cottage pie with home made X lean minced beef and SF toms, onion, carrot and mushrooms, with cauliflower topping and 2 x HEA worth of cheese (cheddar and parmesan) Recipe loosly based on one I found on slimming eats but will be doing my own recipe cottage pie filling. Broccoli and carrots. (Only had a 3rd of the pie so didn't have my full HEAs)

Snacks - 2 x alpen lights (HEB2), Mini Milk (1.5)

Syns -5.5
Weekly total - 95.5/105

Last edited:
Last nights rice thing with crispy kale

Hmm, that rice thing looks lovely and stodge - could you give me the recipe please?

I have heard lots of talk of crispy kale, what say you on the matter, worth doing?

Back