Corblimey's Food Diary

Hmm, that rice thing looks lovely and stodge - could you give me the recipe please?

I have heard lots of talk of crispy kale, what say you on the matter, worth doing?

Sure it's a great Monday night leftover meal and you can chuck anything in it, I have made it with crispy bits of chorizo too in the past and spices as a jambalaya type thingy.

Leftover cooked meat from roast / prawns / chorizo
Veg of your choice - peppers, mushrooms, onions, babycorn, ssnap peas etc
Garlic
Chilli
Cooked and cooled rice - I cook mine with turmeric and stock cube for colour and flavour, I didn't have any leftover so cooked it and cooled with running water
Fish sauce
Dark & Light soy
White wine vinegar - sounds gross but works
Sweet chilli dipping sauce (Optional - the blue dragon one is 1.5 syns per tbsp, i used 4 last night which made 3 portions

Cook veg in frylight for few mins
Add chilli and garlic and stir fry for another min or two
Add cooked meat / prawns til piping hot
Add rice and heat thoroughly
Add seasonings to taste and stir through dipping sauce at the last minute (if using)
Serve

I looove crispy kale, it was something I used to do pre-SW with olive oil but it works well with frylight you just need to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't burn. If you like crispy seaweed from the chinese this is almost identical. The pic didn't come out so well, it looks a bit burned for some reason but didn't in real life, its a lovely emerald green colour normally.

I just had the carbonara and its amazing!!!!:)

My new favourite dinner!!! <3

And here it is:

IMAG0474.jpg

I just had the carbonara and its amazing!!!!:)

My new favourite dinner!!! <3

And here it is:

IMAG0474.jpg

OOh that looks good Muddy! Nice one, you have made me want some now!

Well WI this morning and 1.5 down which gives me my half stone award yipee!!

Slightly annoyed that it wasn't more as i have been really good this week but I have also had problems erm 'going' so expected it to be worse as the scales haven't moved all week. No idea how I can have problems in that dept with all the fruit ad veg I have been scoffing :confused:

Anyway got a family do this weekend so will be carrying on with weekly syns to try and minimise damage as alcohol will most definitely feature. As a little reward I have treated myself to a new dress :)

Last nights cottage pie with some over cooked broccoli - I under estimated how long it would take to brown the top :(
Not too bad but don't think I will bother again, I missed the potato topping

I totally agree - I have done this sort of thing in the past, substituting and sometimes there it is really not worth doing - GO POTATOES! I had this problem when trying out quorn for spag bol and shep pie - gross! Ahh the beauty of Extra Easy eh?!

Well WI this morning and 1.5 down which gives me my half stone award yipee!!

Slightly annoyed that it wasn't more as i have been really good this week but I have also had problems erm 'going' so expected it to be worse as the scales haven't moved all week. No idea how I can have problems in that dept with all the fruit ad veg I have been scoffing :confused:

Anyway got a family do this weekend so will be carrying on with weekly syns to try and minimise damage as alcohol will most definitely feature. As a little reward I have treated myself to a new dress :)

:happy096: Congratulations on your loss and 1/2 stone award!!!!! Thats great news.

Sorry to hear about your (ahem) blockage, it may be the reason why your loss isn't more. Have you been eating lots of bananas? Eggs? These things, although good and allowed in abundance on this diet, can block you up. People say that scan bran works well for these such matters and also aids weight loss, I have tried them before and could not bear to take a second bite, but you might find them more palletable.

Enjoy your family do Vickie, wear your new dress and don't worry so much about drinking, just try and limit the damage by not getting the drunken munchies - which is my problem!

Also, enjoy your carbonara!

:happy096: Congratulations on your loss and 1/2 stone award!!!!! Thats great news.

Sorry to hear about your (ahem) blockage, it may be the reason why your loss isn't more. Have you been eating lots of bananas? Eggs? These things, although good and allowed in abundance on this diet, can block you up. People say that scan bran works well for these such matters and also aids weight loss, I have tried them before and could not bear to take a second bite, but you might find them more palletable.

Enjoy your family do Vickie, wear your new dress and don't worry so much about drinking, just try and limit the damage by not getting the drunken munchies - which is my problem!

Also, enjoy your carbonara!

Thanks hun, sure it will unblock itself shortly. Only had two bananas last week and eggs once for an omelette so don't think it's that, think my body is just being weird, but only been once since Sat (sorry TMI) so might have to hunt out some scanbran if it continues and pinch my nose. Could be to do with coming off the pill, hormones do weird things to my body. Anyway I'm not that bothered about the 1.5 was just a bit narked as I had been so angelic, but a loss is a loss and better than the other way.

There's a bloody buffet at the do too with loads of naughty delights no doubt so I'm planning to eat before I go out and stay away from the area!! x

Thanks hun, sure it will unblock itself shortly. Only had two bananas last week and eggs once for an omelette so don't think it's that, think my body is just being weird, but only been once since Sat (sorry TMI) so might have to hunt out some scanbran if it continues and pinch my nose. Could be to do with coming off the pill, hormones do weird things to my body. Anyway I'm not that bothered about the 1.5 was just a bit narked as I had been so angelic, but a loss is a loss and better than the other way.

There's a bloody buffet at the do too with loads of naughty delights no doubt so I'm planning to eat before I go out and stay away from the area!! x

Don't worry - I love TMI! I forgot about you coming off the pill - that'll be it I reckon, esp if you don't usually suffer with constipation.

I will get your family to put a corden around the buffet (police, not James!). I think you will be fine. Just fill up on food afore ye go.

x

Have you been drinking enough water hon? Could be that. Hope u go soon lol. I know how miserable it can be trust me. Lol

Corblimey said:
I'm sure you will be glad to hear to I have 'been', (i'm sure you won't actually lol) still not back to normal so to speak but better than nothing.
Thanks Muddypaws, I drink loooooads of water and fruit tea etc so definitely not that, I pee for England!

Oh no...that's not good. Good that uve been though. Thankfully the only time I ever go properly is when on sw! X

Saturday 23.06.2012

B/L - Bacon and mushroom on toast(1 slice from 800g loaf HEB) Milk = HEA. 2 sugars (2)

T - Lots of alcohol, some buffet food but tried to make healthier choices, I avoided the white food

Syns - ????????????

Sunday 24.06.2012

B / L - Bacon and mushroom on toast(1 slice from 800g loaf HEB) Milk for brews = HEA 2 sugars (2)

T - Leftover curry and rice from Friday, max 6 syns for oil

Not great but could have been worse, expecting a gain this week or a STS if I am very, very lucky.

Syns - 8

Monday 25.06.2012

B - No food. 1 tsp sugar (1) 2 splashes milk(1)

L - Tuna salad with small 80g tin tuna, lett, cuc, cel, toms, radish, peppers, onion, gerkins. 3 x apricots

T - Pork steaks with pot wedges and huge salad as above. Tbsp kethchup & Tbsp XL mayo (1.5)

Snacks - scan bran with cottage cheese (1) Apple 2 x Alpen Lights (HEB)

Syns 4.5

Last edited:
Monday 25.06.2012

B - No food. 1 tsp sugar (1) 2 splashes milk(1)

L - Tuna salad with small 80g tin tuna, lett, cuc, cel, toms, radish, peppers, onion, gerkins. 3 x apricots

T - Undecided, something with pork steaks and veg, perhaps cheese too as I have a HEA to use

Snacks - scan bran with cottage cheese (1) Wish me luck, the scan bran doesn't look edible

Syns

Good luck lovey, may the Scan Bran force be with you. I do not envy you!

Back