CornishTT''s weight loss diary

Hey-up! How is everyone this very cooooold morning? So, I got weighed today at the clinic and they said I was 16st1lb (even with all my clothes on?!). Put a huge smile on MY face, lol. I am also as of today I am implant free (contraception) so I am looking forward to being less mood swing-y. lol. First time in years since not being on anything, strange. No more babas for us though, he's had the snip. Sorry if tmi. Want to record this here somehow and read back through my journey when I reach my goal. Heck, you never know, might even have a woosh as hormones release water (tsk, everyone's a scientist).

Anyhoo, menu today:
B - 2 aldi hot dog sausages, 75g cheese
L - 3 L eggs, 2 rashes bacon
D - Salmon with cauli with lemon mayo (Mixed in a bowl, tbsp mayo, squirt lemon, ground pepper and garlic salt)
S - olives
D - 1l coffee and at least 3l water.

Starting to feel a little bored with my food but have not actually finished the food in the freezer yet. I did buy some pork medallions (fat trimmed already) so could have that for lunch. I guess they wont go off in the freezer so won't be the end of the world if I eat something else for a bit and mix it up. Also, I bought some stilton today (fav second only to Roquefort). I went out to a french bistro a few months ago and they served steak with roquefort butter, my oh my, it was lush!

So, enough of making me (and maybe you) salivate and hungry, gotta get on. Toodle pip x

Last edited:
Well done on the trouser victory. Didn't realize you were low cal/low carb. I'll have a look at your diary on mfp.

Well done on all your weight loss. :)

Thanks coffeelover (is it Sandra?), I am chuffed with recent boost in weight loss.

Recently, I have been looking at motivational pictures on here of people who have lost weight. I'm not fed up with dieting or anything just filling up my mojo tanks with the success of others, lol. I have to take another set of pics of myself to update my progress, I have a picture time line, I try and get a pic of me front on and side on every 10lb or so, so I can see the journey. I have always been a little pedantic about loggin and storing anything. Recently a computer trainer friend of mine was making fun of me in his class as I used excel to chart my progress and he was surprised that a few of the woman thought it was a good idea. Nowadays, MFP does it all for me, lol.

Anyway, a bit of an emotional few days as we're still negotiating the purchase of this business. The vendor is being quite unreasonable and unrealistic, wanting to exchange before Christmas (we've not even had our offer accepted yet!). Our solicitor has advised us against doing that so we just need to wait and see if she will agree to exchange later. I don't know what her rush is, she's the one that pi$$ed off on holiday for 3 weeks without even telling the estate agent. Anyway, I am looking at it as if we've not got it and if we get it bonus but we're not going to be bullied into doing this too quick.

Menu for today:
B - 3 L eggs, 2 bacon from co-op (won't be buying this stuff again, so watery and burns before crisping up!)
L - Salmon with Cauli and my lemon mayo (1 tbsp mayo, quirt of lemon, black ground pepper and garlic salt, yum!)
D - Chicken with Nando's sauce and brocolli. Might change that to pork fillet, we'll see.
S - nothing today, not in a eating mood, in fact, not hand lunch yet.
D - 3l water n black coffee - already nearly done with 2nd litre.

Been doing my daily weighing thing (probably would do more often but it's too cold to strip down, lol), weight going down steady so happy, hope to see another good loss come sat.

Hope all are well, PS (hope you don't mind Busy) but head on over to her diary, she's looking great after her Pilates, def given me incentive to do more!

Have a good day y'all xx

Hello,

Really enjoyed reading your diary you're doing so well. Glad we're MFP buddies too your menues look great :) hope you have a good day.

Thanks Katie, I've got some great ideas from your diary too, nice to have support of like minded people!

Just quickly here to say wow, portion sizes. I just had lunch (son's been poorly so needed me every minute and I've been catching up on housework while he's sleeping) and grabbed a large plate (been eating off side plates for months) and my, how things have changed. Before I used to fill a plate this size and go back for seconds, now I'm happy with the portion you see and as I usually eat off a side plate it looks as it should, right size portion.

WIN_20131127_151944.JPG

Have I become addicted to this website or is everyone actually just living a normal life and doesn't have time to post on here? Awful quiet here of late...

Anyway, if you're lurking but just not posting, hope you're well anyway and winning in any way you can. (I so stole that from busybusy, love the saying though!)

We are still wrangling the deal on this blinking shop. Both Hubby and I are seeing it as if we've not got it and are just carrying on with our lives. Why sit around waiting for her? There's Christmas on the way and stuff to be done around the house so forget her.

Menu is as follows:
B - 3 bacon, 2 eggs
L - Pork medallion and cauliflower
D - Chicken & nando's sauce with mayo and brocolli
S - nothing again, not in the snacky mood today
D - 1l coffee and 3l water.

Not drunk enough water last two days and have woken up feeling parched and no park action. Hope to hit my 3l today, feel better when I wake up and get some action going tomorrow.

Going swim fit later, it's an 1h30 session of swimming lanes with an instructor, great for improving your strokes but also works your body, they set the pace so you can't slack off and have a rest like I would if I was doing it on my own. Foot starting to hurt again yesterday after I bashed it against a phone socket last week. It was better but I am finding I have pains walking on it so am going to skip body combat next week if still the same. So much for me taking up running :( Might have to replace it with a few swim sessions...

Last edited:
Well I'm still here but yes you are right it is quiet x

It has been quiet on here, I think Christmas season has come earlier this year- if the shops are anything to go by. They seem to be heaving up here for the last 2 weeks. Your food looks yummy. Good luck with the shop and good attitude to carry on. :)

Re: AtkinsFTW's weight loss diary

Thanks coffeelover and sam! Nice to see peeps still out there . I'll "just keep slimming, just keep slimming" (from finding nemo lol).

Well, today I am having a bit of a break. Hubby has been really feeling the stress with this business thing and has said that he would like us to have a drink tonight. I read on the SnS website that drinking while doing low carb/low cal can be dangerous. Is that right or a load of tosh?

So I had 3/4 of a Chelsea bun, a few wotsits and some hazel nuts as a snack a little while ago and if I continue to eat low carb med cal today hoping that tonight I should be ok to drink.

Anyone discount/disprove the advice to eat carbs before drinking?

If so I'll just go back to low carb low cal again.

menu today a little uncertain, so far
B - 4 eggs with Puerto Rican spices
L - PB n cheese sandwich & small pack crisps
d - ?
s - 3/4 of a Chelsea bun, a few wotsits and some hazel nuts
D - whiskey and coke, coffee and water

What a weird day :S x

Last edited:

You'll be right back on it in no time! It's important to spend time with loved ones and planned treats just make it extra special! I'm trying really hard to stay away from alcohol, not that I'm a lush! just avoiding wine with meals etc :) I had the 'night off' nothing drastic my son got to choose the restaurant and it wasn't somewhere I was willing to pay 22 pounds for a steak that would probably be rubbish! So went for ribs and a couple of chips :) we all had a great time that's all that matters. Today I'll aim to keep under 1000 cal 20g carb. Hope you have a fab day :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks Katie! Ribs and chips sound yummy, good choice, lol. Hope you have a good day today and hopefully you'll see fab results come Tuesday!

I am back on the wagon today, was slightly tempted to cheat but I had my treats yesterday and I'm sated with carbs. I had my usual bacon n eggs for brekkie, going to continue same as Katie, under 1000cal n low carb. Chug on the water and not sure what to do for exercise as foot still sore. Broken toe doe sure, though how I managed to break the 'ring' tow and not the baby one is a mystery!

So, menu today:
B - 2 eggs, 3 bacon rashes
L - pork medallion with a tsp pesto n cheese melted under grill n cauliflower
D - chicken n broccoli with 1/2 tbsp Nando's hot sauce n 1 tbsp mayo
S - don't think anything, still full from yesterday
D - normal coffee and must hit 4l water today to flush out rubbish.

Have some Pilates workouts on my pc, going to send em to my phone and do some tonight.

Hope you have a lovely weekend y'all x

**This bit is about diets and carb cycling so if you're not interested, stop reading, lol **

I was reading that reason why ALL diets work is because of a calorie deficit. So whether you're doing Atkins, WW, Dukan, SnS, whatever, it is because you consume more calories than you ingest, in whatever form, and therefore you lose weight, period. Eating the Atkins way and being in ketosis obviously acts as appetite suppressant and blood sugar regulator. Then after a while, the body tries to find a equilibrium (gets used to what you are doing) and stops losing/plateaus.

I was also reading about the carb cycling people speak of. Traditionally used by body builders, low carbs on no exercise/cardio days and high carbs on weight lifting days. Usually 1 day high carbs, one day low, x3 then a cheat day at the end of the week which gives them mojo for the rest of the following week.

One good carb cycle I found was on a low carb forum, she'd up her cals and carbs for a few days/a week (with fruits, nuts, yoghurt and berries) and then go low carb again (with weighing in every day) till she stops losing, then back to adding the carbs and the cals. Full post here Carb Cycling Works Like Magic for Me : Tips and Stalls Forum : Active Low-Carber Forums

Then I found you tube video about when doing low carb for too long you stop producing far burning hormones and that's why u can stall on Atkins. The video is interesting as it tells you about fat burning hormones, glycogen levels and carb spill over (when you've eaten too many carbs, they obviously get stores into fat, which is why we're here in the first place!). If have 10 minutes to [STRIKE]waste[/STRIKE] watch a man talk in a funny accent, watch this. No Carb Diet - Truth about no carb diets !!! - YouTube. Whether it is true is another thing. **I am not promoting his weight loss product**

Anyway, if you're still here, well done for your staying power. That should be me all out on the forum side today, I've [STRIKE]tuckered[/STRIKE] typed myself out. Hope you have a nice day x

Last edited:
Just had a little gander at that carb cycling link...VERY INTERESTING!!! I think you just have to mix it up and see what works for you, I'm going to incorporate a little bit of every 'diet' and see what works best! :)

Go Sam go! Tried to find your diary, you got one? Saw one of re-feeding but that was back in may?! From ur stats you've done so well, congrats! Broccoli and stilton (see recipe thread) sounds lush n warming!

Watching HP, the first one, trying to explain to my 3.5 yo, lol, will turn over before it starts getting scary with troll and HWMNBN.

Staying clean and green so far, feel good.

Hope you guys are well x

Last edited:
I haven't started a diary yet but logging everything on MFP. I'm going for a mixture of Atkins/Dukan/IF/Calorie counting, so I'll let you know how I get on! I expect to put a few pounds on but then it SHOULD come off (fingers crossed!) I weighed in this morning at 10st9lb.

P.s Im a HP fanatic! I love him!

Hiya Toni :)

You are doing really well on the low cal low carb approach hun. I loved the plate portion size pic - think that was my trouble (well, one of them) on low carb, was the amount I could eat at times! :)

Back