CornishTT''s weight loss diary

Re: AtkinsFTW's weight loss diary

Thanks guys! Sam, couldn't see your food diary as on Android apparently you can't unless you go on computer, will go on and have a gander, could always use inspiration! And re HP, it was funny, while watching the first one yesterday, it was bitter sweet, with all you know will happen, watching Snape talk to him for the first time, you could see him almost gasp when Harry first looked at him with Lily's eyes and what he did, and and and... Ah, what a great story.

Suze, yeah, lc/lc has worked very well so far, I'm chuffed, hope to continue seeing results especially if I mix if up with adding carbs when I stall.

This morning I am full of this cough cold that every one is coming down with. Son's had it and now hubby and I have it too. Daughter seems to have escaped it, thankfully.

We put Christmas tree up in Friday, earliest ever, I used it as excuse saying kids were bored and weather crap, had to keep them entertained somehow. Luckily he bought it, lol. I usually put it up first weekend of Dec, so only 1 day early. 1385885838833.jpg

Bless, it is actually now about 6 years old (including the decorations) so I think once it's done it's appearance this year it's to the tip, next year it will be a self lit tree, easier.

Anwyay, diet wise, still winning.

Was super duper good yesterday and managed 3.5l water, weight wise I'm 16st4lb this am. Not surprised by the amount of junk I ate yesterday so I'm going to keep weighing daily till I stop losing again and start that carb cycling I spoke of in earlier post. As per the thread on the matter, better to carb up with nuts, yoghurt n fruit rather than crap you've been working so hard to avoid.

Today's menu as follows:
B - 3 bacon n 2 eggs
L - baby spinach n smoked haddock n cauli mash fish cakes (cook haddock, flake n mix with cauli mash, black pepper, form into fish cakes n pan fry, maybe add egg if too dry?)
D - Nando's chicken with mushrooms
S - pepperami maybe?
D - coffee n water

Daughter has a tea party birthday party to go to today, for a little boy who lives and breathes tractors, proper Cornish boy, lol. She has said that she's going to marry him ans have his babies. I secretly always hoped she's marry an all black (NZ rugby player) but she is only 3.5 yo, maybe a little early to be thinking of that? Lol.

Anyway, here's to another fab day all x

Last edited:
She has said that she's going to marry him ans have his babies. I secretly always hoped she's marry an all black (NZ rugby player) but she is only 3.5 yo, maybe a little early to be thinking of that? Lol.

LOL Toni - (as a Kiwi) I heartily endorse your All Black dream :D

Oh bless they are so cute at that age when they announce stuff like that. I remember babysitting a wee boy when I was about 12, and he said "I don't like you....[pause]...I LOVE you!" Awwww :)

Sam, not sure, think will try 3 days first off and then carb down till I stop losing, then carb up again. She said carb up depended on her life at the time, sometimes she went on for a week (like she went on holiday) and other times a few days, so I guess what is convenient and what works for you. I am just so petrified of stalling again. See mfp weight loss chart, most weight lost in quick time and spent ages between stalled.

1385891614978.jpg

Suze, we hope to one day immigrate to NZ, that is the dream. Which bit do you come from? My brother in law lives in Pararaumu (spl?) N island which is prob the area we'd go to ourselves.

Off to buy pressies x

Suze, we hope to one day immigrate to NZ, that is the dream. Which bit do you come from? My brother in law lives in Pararaumu (spl?) N island which is prob the area we'd go to ourselves.

I'm North Island too, from the Coromandel - about 20 miles SE of Auckland. Paraparaumu is lovely, very unspoilt - but not a lot of people. Have you been there?

PM me if you have any questions, although keep in mind I left in the 80s :)

Thank Suze, we're just about to take the interim step, probably for about 3 years or so (we're getting the experience now, then we can think about NZ). I've not been myself but hubby been a few times. I'm sold by the photos already! :D

Yesterday was not good, I had bacon n eggs as usual for brekkie and a friend made me a lovely boiled egg and baby spinach salad with yummy roasted garlic mayo, it was lush. But, her house was so cold (and I am so full of this cold, it's in my throat, bad painful cough and I'm hoarse too). The main thing is even though I had 2l water with me I didn't drink enough, .5l at most and was ravenous (thirsty) by the time I got home. I had a few cashews and that was the start of the rot. I had a pork chop, then more cashews. Then a small handful popcorn, then more cashews and finally some chocolate covered raisins. Also, 3 chocolate digestives. Didn't eat dinner at this point as I'd managed to neck 1l water by then and was feeling full. Was in bed by 7pm.

This am I've eaten two slices of home made seeded bread with butter n marmite and I'll stop by the shops ans get some honey for my throat and yoghurt and some more nuts, today can be a carb up day. This cold is just getting worse so hopefully honey lemon mix will help, always does. Swore by it when I was pregnant and had a cold. Not Atkins friendly but better than going on antibiotics, which I def don't want to do. Meant to be doing Christmas shopping today but thy won't happen, spending day in bed. x

Last edited:
Hope you feel better soon apparently you feed a cold and starve a fever. I've just eaten some cashew nuts probably more than I should have but am detrmined to have a low carb day -30gm :)

Sorry to hear your not feeling well. You can always shop from your bed. Damn the cashews nuts, they got me this weekend too and were so good -yes you need to feed a cold. Hope your feeling better. :)

Good morning I hope your feeling better :)

Thanks guys, been feeding the cold but not with much, not had much of an appetite. Still, I feel miles better today and am rearing to get back to low carb. Obviously the bread and honey has kicked me out of ketosis but I'm not going to get too het up about that, considering I didn't consume that much a stall or small gain is expected and can be rid of soon.

Really wanting to start the c25k, preferably this weekend but might not be able to with the toe. It doesn't hurt as much as it did but is still tender and hurts if I put any weight on it. Also, I have a stabbing pain there, like little needles, I guess it's the bone bits? Not much docs or anyone can do for me so I'm not bothering to go to ANE or anything.

I have seemed to have lost another lb at yesterday's weigh in so 16st2 which I'm happy with. Let's see what Sat brings after this little carb swerve. High carbs today, well, around 40, started off with 50g almonds, will have yoghurt for brekkie (with some berries maybe) and have some prawns with iceberg lettuce n mayo n tom sauce for lunch.

Bought some celeriac and courgettes yesterday, going to portion them out to the 100g and freeze. Then can make the veg up as I go along. Found it so easy when I had the broccoli and cauli portioned out last time, just grab, defrost and consume!

I'm going to make fish cakes with the celeriac for dinner, using salmon and eggs. Look forward to them, will post pics.

Hope you're having a good day x

Last edited:
The fishcakes sound delicious I will have to give them a whirl :)

Hi, Just spent ages reading thro all your diary! I am currently doing cambridge 3 shakes and a small meal. I also have thyroid problems and have gained a massive amount of weight in 2 years. I am in my 2nd week of cambridge, I lost 5lb, but to be honest I am so bored with it I lost 2 stone on atkins last year when I wasnt so fat and I know that it works for me, even with the thyroid being dicky. I am thinking of going back to it....

Hi skinny2beme, sorry to hear you've had such problems with thyroid! I've never done CD, but I've heard great success stories. You've done well to lose 5lb already!

What do you truly feel? Do you think you'll get bored doing CD and cheat because of that? Do you want to have the variety and flexibility of Atkins?

There is no doubt that VLCD produce amazing results, fast, but you have to find what works best for you.

Have you started a diary? Maybe be a good idea, and see where it takes you. People on here very supportive and informative, maybe they can also help guide you. Good luck hun x (ps let me know on here what it is and I can follow you too! x)

Your right that vlcd's do give great and quick results, just cant seem to stop cheating. I just feel like I am restricting myself too much! Im going to give Atkins a try. I can stay in ketosis up to 40g so hopefully can lose some weight. My doc has told me to go gluten free to help with this auto immune condition I have related to my thyroid Hashimotos, Atkins is very easily done gluten free I have found...just a bit of tweaking and I hope it will work well. x I do have adiary, which was started on the cambridge forum xx pls get on my case!

Hello hello all. I am still battling this throat/chest thing, went out today crimbo shopping for family overseas as it's last day for the post. All wrapped and posted, so weight off my shoulders. I've amazed myself. I've even bought stamps and will do crimbo cards tonight, can't believe it... Last year of didn't even send pressies.

Anyway, diet wise been ok, a few almonds for brekkie and half a pecan lattice, then coffee, honey lemon tea. Didn't make either dishes yesterday, just not hungry, so the prawns with pink sauce for lunch with iceberg lettuce. Thoroughly enjoyed it. For dinner the celeriac mash and salmon fish cakes.

Hope you're all having a fabby day, I'm off to do house work :( x

So another day down, another carb fest. Tsk. So much if it around and now I've got my appetite back my will power seems to have flown out the window. I did breakfast and lunch ok (usual, 2 eggs 2 bacon and prawns with pink sauce and 100g grated courgette) but then popcorn hit and biscuits and crisps. *sigh* low carb dinner again and nothing else naughty Toni!

Hope your feeling better, Im feeling ill today and not hungry at all!

Going through the same Hun, start my day perfectly and by tea time I'm munching on hula hoops!! Where has my willpower gone??!! Xx

Back