Cost of packs

Seems like I am getting a good deal...

I have a lovely CDC who charges £34.65 for a weeks supply... she charges £1.65 a foodpack irrespective of tetra, soup, shake or bar.

I charge the following:
Bars £1.90
Sachets £1.65
Tetras £1.85
Water Flav £6.40
Mix a mousse £3

Trust me, CDC's don't make very much from you. CDC's do this because they want to help you. xxxx

The recommended retail price is:
Bars £1.90
Sachets £1.65
Tetras £1.85
Water Flav £6.40
Mix a mousse £3

My CDC charges the above which is the RRP, I dont know about home visits as I've never had one though she so accomodating, when she has had certain products O/O/S she always offers to drop them round to me. I go to her though as I have a car, after I've dropped kids at school Monday mornings xxx

My CDC charges £35 p/w for 3 a day, it doesn't matter if you have shakes, tetras or bars.
He also visits me at home but doesn't charge me anything. I think thats pretty good as he has to come quite a long way through London to get to me.

I know this thread was set up for customers,but I thought I'd add my penn'orth.

Like Bunny I too charge the RRP =
Soups/Shakes £1.65
Tetras...........£1.85
Bars..............£1.90 etc

On the few occasions I've been asked to drive to see a client I charge 50p a mile. This helps to cover the combined costs of the physical drive,the extra time it takes & the effort of packing everything into the car etc. Having said that, if an established client has a problem I've been known to visit for free.

I've thought about simplifying my charges to a flat rate for a weeks supply regardless of product type by charging an 'average' rate, but for the present have decided against it. The advantages include easy arithmetic, predictable costs for the client, customers can select what they fancy rather than what they feel they ought to buy etc.
However,those of my people who are on a limited budget try to keep their costs down by avoiding the 'convenience' items & it is them who would be penalised by the flat rate. This is something I shall keep in mind though. If most customers would prefer it then I guess I'd plump for the round about £37.00 mark.

Also, even though I know this was just a light hearted 'cost' census thread, I think it's worth considering what else you get from your CDC.
Availability, approachability, flexibility, time, support, encouragement, ideas, information, education, motivation, compassion, understanding, reliability, experience (I think I've made my point) or even tea & sympathy. If they offer all of these then you're getting good value even if they charge towards the upper end of the range ( but then I would say that wouldn't I?)

My CDC charges £1.80 per item, whatever you buy. Great if you buy lots of tetras and bars, not so great if you buy mostly shakes.

Re the £5 charge for going to see the customer - it's not only the mileage but the fact that it's going to take up a much longer appointment time with the travel than if she's seeing clients in her own home!

My CDC rounds it all up and charges across the board for sachets, bars and tetras at £1.80 which looking at this thread i think is very fair.
She also doesnt charge for going to see her! £5! that sounds a bit steep!

Jus x

I know this thread was set up for customers,but I thought I'd add my penn'orth.

Like Bunny I too charge the RRP =
Soups/Shakes £1.65
Tetras...........£1.85
Bars..............£1.90 etc

On the few occasions I've been asked to drive to see a client I charge 50p a mile. This helps to cover the combined costs of the physical drive,the extra time it takes & the effort of packing everything into the car etc. Having said that, if an established client has a problem I've been known to visit for free.

I've thought about simplifying my charges to a flat rate for a weeks supply regardless of product type by charging an 'average' rate, but for the present have decided against it. The advantages include easy arithmetic, predictable costs for the client, customers can select what they fancy rather than what they feel they ought to buy etc.
However,those of my people who are on a limited budget try to keep their costs down by avoiding the 'convenience' items & it is them who would be penalised by the flat rate. This is something I shall keep in mind though. If most customers would prefer it then I guess I'd plump for the round about £37.00 mark.

Also, even though I know this was just a light hearted 'cost' census thread, I think it's worth considering what else you get from your CDC.
Availability, approachability, flexibility, time, support, encouragement, ideas, information, education, motivation, compassion, understanding, reliability, experience (I think I've made my point) or even tea & sympathy. If they offer all of these then you're getting good value even if they charge towards the upper end of the range ( but then I would say that wouldn't I?)
Hiya, Jane. :)

When cd first changed the rrp structure in Jan '07, so that the products were priced differently, I really couldn't be bothered to work out separate amounts, so priced everything at 5p more than the rrp for sachets. When they put the prices up last July, I had a re-think, as I began to feel it would be fairer to simply charge the rrp for everything. I put together a letter for all my clients, explaining and proposing that I would change my pricing structure inline with the rrp - I offered it up for debate, and said that I would be willing to think again if my clients were happier with the old system. All of my clients were fine with me charging the rrp, and not one of them asked for all the prices to stay the same, so I went with it. It does create a bit more work for me, but for the many clients I have who just have sachets, it's certainly a fairer option!

I haven't done home visits now for quite a while, as I simply wouldn't have the time. I did a few in my first couple of months as a cdc, but never charged extra. However, I think that it's reasonable to charge for petrol costs and the extra time it takes you to get there and back.

Jo x

Thanks for that Jo. I'd forgotten that the pricing structure was simpler up til fairly recently. Also explains why it seems to be the more established CDC's that tend to be keeping to the flat rate & us newbies using the Current RRP's.

Also glad to hear that I'm not alone in trying to keep the costs down for those on a tight budget.
When someone contacts me concerned about the price I'm proud to be able to tell them truthfully that apart from the initial £2 that I charge for the booklets they can than do it for under £35 a week.

There are various add-on products but none are necessary to the diets success.
Try feeding yourself from the supermarket for that price!

£1.90 bars
£1.65 shakes
£1.85 tetras
£6.40 flavouring ( fruity ones and veg)
£3.00 mix-a-mousse

i paid £48 for my 1st visit... but apparently that was £6 for water flavouring, and £5 for a 1st visit to her.. so i think next week is about £37 quote from pink-sarah
I've just read another thread that says your CDC can't see you again after your 1st visit, (if i've got the right person) - yet charged you £5 for a 1st visit. Hhhhmmmm

Back