Costco

Fatty_no_more

Slimming for my children
Hey does anyone belong to costco? Been given the opportunity to join for 25 pounds but just not sure if it's any good?

X

Fatty_no_more said:
Hey does anyone belong to costco? Been given the opportunity to join for 25 pounds but just not sure if it's any good?

X

I do :) depends what you're looking for. I easily save my membership on the nappies and pepsi max. They have some great value butternut squash ready peeled etc and tuna is a great buy too. You have to be careful of the goodies tho lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just big standard stuff nappies, wipes, light cheese sw food chicken toilet roll, cat food and litter etc. Used to use my dads makro card and that was a god send. X

Hiya I'm with COSTCO and it it really good. I buy the chicken fillets which makes about 10 meals (2 fillets per portion) I get the mince beef (abt 13 portions for 250g) their sausages, Bacon, their chicken nuggets (very healthy) fruit and then its nappies and other bits and bobs

I have to say that it makes it easier to cook meals as all the food is stocked in the freezer.

The only down side is paying for it lol

Costco have alpen light summer fruits boxes of 24 on offer until end of July for around £5. I shall be stocking up:)

*Emsie* said:
We were discussing costco on the shopping thread the other day Honeyoc had done a shop there and put a pic on and it looked great! I am hoping to be able to go with my friends card

It's brilliant, but always proves expensive. We will be going after payday for the nappy run! I do love it, you can get all sorts there. Even pandora bracelets & charms!

Mini_Mog said:
It's brilliant, but always proves expensive. We will be going after payday for the nappy run! I do love it, you can get all sorts there. Even pandora bracelets & charms!

We went yesterday and I went nowhere near the jewellery :-( If only I'd known!!!

We did get the most massive strawberries though and they were lush :)

ginlin said:
Is Costco like Makro, in that you have to be in business to join?

Yes it's like Makro. But I think there's ways around the business thing!

Thanks,
Do you know if you can just go in to look around without buying anything, to decide if it would be worthwhile to try to join?

ginlin said:
Thanks,
Do you know if you can just go in to look around without buying anything, to decide if it would be worthwhile to try to join?

No. Unfortunately you have to show your card on the way in. You could go with someone who has a card?

lsf666 said:

I got membership because I work for the nhs. You can also get one if you work in certain professions. People who work for banks can get them and police staff. It was £30 to join for the year. Well worth it!

I looked online and it doesn't say you can get membership from those professions anymore. I though I could as I work in education, you used to be able to, but I can't find evidence of that anywhere!

It didn't say when I looked but they had an advertising stand in Leeds train station so I went over and asked the lady if I could join and she said nhs employees can, she gave me a leaflet listing who could join and it was all on there. You could always give them a ring and see if you can.

booo i want to be a member :cry: I think SAHM's should be offered membership! Hubby's job won't qualify either .. bah humbug!!

My sister-in-law joined when we went to the baby show in birmingham, they had a stand there and didn't ask her any questions re employment, my mother in law also joined at the same time. I went with them a couple of weeks ago and stocked up on nappies, sweet chilli sauce and rice, saved loads of money - there isn't one near me so didn't join but will be making trips with them when we visit! x

My friend who is a childminder (I'm going to register soon so will have my own) put me as an "employee" on her card and now I have my own card. You have to go wit an idea of what price the items are in other shops first. I tend to buy my mince, fabric and washing liquids and tomberries (great for kids as a novelty - tiny tomatoes!!) and picnic cucumbers (again small ones that daughter loves)

My friend who is a childminder (I'm going to register soon so will have my own) put me as an "employee" on her card and now I have my own card. You have to go wit an idea of what price the items are in other shops first. I tend to buy my mince, fabric and washing liquids and tomberries (great for kids as a novelty - tiny tomatoes!!) and picnic cucumbers (again small ones that daughter loves)

im a childminder as well and all i had to show was my certificate and 1 utility bill. partners automatically get a card too, and you have the option of adding another 4 ( i think) people on as well ( they get their own card for about £14 per year )

i think if you have one near you its well worth it, i buy most of my meat there :)

Back