COTTAGE CHEESE PUDDING

dukannotsofatty

Gold Member
One of my fave little snacks is eggs/quark/sweetner. Oven baked into little muffins.

This morning whilst making some mini quiches, I decided to experiment. Quiche is cottage cheese/egg/herbs so i swapped the herbs for sweetner and flavourings.

Try this out. The texture was so much lighter than with quark, I will definately be making this again.

For every Egg you use, add a heaped tablespoon of plain cottage cheese. This was how I made it.

2 Eggs
2 Tbspns Plain Cottage Cheese (Aldi version brilliant as it has less liquid)
2 Tbspns Sweetner
Flavourings to taste. (I used vanilla)

Mix well. Pour into muffin moulds (silicon ideally).

Bake at 160 for approx 20min. Check cooked in middle with sharp knife or skewer.

Can be eaten hot or cold.

I think these would also work out cheaper. For instance, a tub of cottage cheese is 65p but quark is 72p-£1 Cottage cheese will go that bit further too.

This is something you could eat every single day, start with warm ones for breakfast, ending with a few cold ones for supper with yogurt. Don't know what they would be like microwaved, I'll try that another time.

Just made a lemon version of this. I had some lemon zest frozen, so added that with lemon flavouring. Next time I'm gonna use real lemon juice though. Very nice

Back