Cottage Cheese

tinks_88

Hey Guys,

I've decided to experiment with cottage cheese this week (never tried it) anyone got any ideas/recipes for making cottage cheese sweet/savoury and not so boring lol, thanks guys!

I use mine in omelettes, a recent discovery and saves on cheese! Also good mixed in with cooked pasta and veg and baked in the oven. Good in a SW quiche (eggs, CC, veg etc) baked in the oven.
Stuffed in a jacket spud
On toast
With veg sticks

Versatile little beast is cottage cheese!

tastes like gone-off milk though. I have to mush some boiled eggs into it and add salt so it tastes good.

are just the plain ones free, cos some of the flavoured ones are nice

Some are free, some not. I think Asda pineapple is free but not others. Same with the chive one. Best to ask first but the syn value isn't high - half a syn per 100g for most.

I like Aldi pineapple and the chive one actually - the low fat diet range one of course - they are 69p per pot, and free. Huzzahs.

Actually the Asda pineapple one is 1 syn per 100g (that's 3 syns for a 300g pot) but I still eat this one because I think it is the best tasting Cottage cheese of all the supermarket's own VLF brand...

Tesco's is ½ a syn per 100g...

I tend to use tesco, it is closest to where I live, the cottage cheese with onion and chives healthy choices is free and pineapple healthy choices is 1 1/2 syns for whole pot ( 300g) I think that is fab, I make little mini quiches in a muffin tin, line the tin with ham, add onions, mushrooms slice of tomato into each little portion then mix a tub of cottage cheese with onion and chive with 3 eggs and pour that mixture into the little tubs, cook in a medium oven until they start to brown, then when they are cool they pop out easy, and are good little portions to take to work in a lunch box

Back