Cottage Cheese

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by tinks_88, 24 September 2009 Social URL.

1. tinks_88

tinks_88 Full Member

Hey Guys,

I've decided to experiment with cottage cheese this week (never tried it) anyone got any ideas/recipes for making cottage cheese sweet/savoury and not so boring lol, thanks guys!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I use mine in omelettes, a recent discovery and saves on cheese! Also good mixed in with cooked pasta and veg and baked in the oven. Good in a SW quiche (eggs, CC, veg etc) baked in the oven.
    Stuffed in a jacket spud
    On toast
    With veg sticks

Versatile little beast is cottage cheese!

4. Vixxster

Vixxster Nojo on the YoYo

Start Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    tastes like gone-off milk though. I have to mush some boiled eggs into it and add salt so it tastes good.

5. mommyB

mommyB love it

Start Weight:
    14st13lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.87%)
    are just the plain ones free, cos some of the flavoured ones are nice

6. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Some are free, some not. I think Asda pineapple is free but not others. Same with the chive one. Best to ask first but the syn value isn't high - half a syn per 100g for most.

7. Vixxster

Vixxster Nojo on the YoYo

Start Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I like Aldi pineapple and the chive one actually - the low fat diet range one of course - they are 69p per pot, and free. Huzzahs.

8. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    Actually the Asda pineapple one is 1 syn per 100g (that's 3 syns for a 300g pot) but I still eat this one because I think it is the best tasting Cottage cheese of all the supermarket's own VLF brand...

Tesco's is ½ a syn per 100g...

9. tubbiesgirl

tubbiesgirl Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st1lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(16.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World now was LL until 02/2012
    I tend to use tesco, it is closest to where I live, the cottage cheese with onion and chives healthy choices is free and pineapple healthy choices is 1 1/2 syns for whole pot ( 300g) I think that is fab, I make little mini quiches in a muffin tin, line the tin with ham, add onions, mushrooms slice of tomato into each little portion then mix a tub of cottage cheese with onion and chive with 3 eggs and pour that mixture into the little tubs, cook in a medium oven until they start to brown, then when they are cool they pop out easy, and are good little portions to take to work in a lunch box

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.