• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Cottage Cheese

I use mine in omelettes, a recent discovery and saves on cheese! Also good mixed in with cooked pasta and veg and baked in the oven. Good in a SW quiche (eggs, CC, veg etc) baked in the oven.
Stuffed in a jacket spud
On toast
With veg sticks

Versatile little beast is cottage cheese!

Vixxster

Nojo on the YoYo
S: 19st8.0lb C: 19st8.0lb G: 11st0.0lb BMI: 47 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
tastes like gone-off milk though. I have to mush some boiled eggs into it and add salt so it tastes good.

Some are free, some not. I think Asda pineapple is free but not others. Same with the chive one. Best to ask first but the syn value isn't high - half a syn per 100g for most.

Vixxster

Nojo on the YoYo
S: 19st8.0lb C: 19st8.0lb G: 11st0.0lb BMI: 47 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
I like Aldi pineapple and the chive one actually - the low fat diet range one of course - they are 69p per pot, and free. Huzzahs.

Donnie46

Slow but sure....
S: 22st0lb C: 19st7lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 55.1 Loss: 2st7lb(11.36%)
Actually the Asda pineapple one is 1 syn per 100g (that's 3 syns for a 300g pot) but I still eat this one because I think it is the best tasting Cottage cheese of all the supermarket's own VLF brand...

Tesco's is ½ a syn per 100g...

S: 21st4lb C: 17st11lb G: 11st1lb BMI: 42.7 Loss: 3st7lb(16.44%)
I tend to use tesco, it is closest to where I live, the cottage cheese with onion and chives healthy choices is free and pineapple healthy choices is 1 1/2 syns for whole pot ( 300g) I think that is fab, I make little mini quiches in a muffin tin, line the tin with ham, add onions, mushrooms slice of tomato into each little portion then mix a tub of cottage cheese with onion and chive with 3 eggs and pour that mixture into the little tubs, cook in a medium oven until they start to brown, then when they are cool they pop out easy, and are good little portions to take to work in a lunch box