Couch 2 5K challenge - buddies welcomed!

I've been on the treadmill overbthevweekend, haven't actually followed the couch to 5k yet, ive been doing speed intervals x

Hi all, thought i would pop on and join the challenge ;)

I am currently on week 2, day 3. Should be moving on to week 3 soon. I had friends that have done this and one of them is doing a 14k run in May and has asked me to sign up. So hopefully I can get my fitness to an optimum level :)

good luck all. x

14K? Phew! The thought makes me feel dizzy :D. Welcome Laura!

Well done Carly and hope you're feeling better Thejoyofanonymity x

I went out for W6R3 today - 'twas hard but I did it! I'm not going to win any races for speed (a bloke over took me walking his dog this morning, he did have a bit of a pace going but even so!...) but I made it round hoorah! I was supposed to do 2 1/4 miles today, but I'd be surprised ifdid, next week is all 25 minuters supposedly covering 2.5 miles, but I don't think that will happen either. I'm going purely for time.

How is everyone else getting on?

I think it took her a number of months to get there - but she did it :)

I havent run for 5 days now. :cry:..its just been too hot!!!!! (excuses excuses) - but its defeating the object if i run in 41 degree heat - i just cant get any speed and i feel lightheaded and sweat more than I can replenish.
I so wish i had a treadmill for times like these!! anyway hopefully will cool down this week so ill try and go as much as i can :)

keep it up guys x

Yep, I am! W7r3 for me next. Just trying to decide whether to go out in the fog or not :) Think I might, could be fun.
Well done for getting to week 4, you're doing really well x

:) bit addictive isn't it?
I did go out, an odd experience! Cold too brrrr!

Wanna do C25K too :D and am aiming to do Race for Life (5k) in June so thought it'd be a good thing to aspire to!! I've downloaded the NHS podcasts but would really like one that I can play my own music through... I have an iPhone (or iPod) that I can use. Which is the best for what I am looking for? (also, cheaper the better tbh!) x

Hey Bugsbunny2000!

I'm afraid I don't really know much about the podcasts, I did start with one, but soon swapped to listening to my own music and using a sportswatch, you can print out the plan to follow. I didn't really like the countdowns, for some reason they bugged me!? Anyway I think there are a few different ones out there and if I remember right there is one that will play over your own music turning the sound down to speak to you (I might have just made that up :confused::D ) worth a look anyway.

It's a great programme, I'm sure you'd be ready for a race for life by summer, I know I would have been if I hadn't pulled my hamstring first time round.

I have the Nike run app, you have to be strict with yourself todo the running. I'm sure you can get the nhs c25k in written form on the website, you just have to remember what to do :)

I'm sure you can get the nhs c25k in written form on the website, you just have to remember what to do :)

That's what I've done, it's not too hard to remember what you have to do if you check before you go out.

I just start the C25K programme up then switch to music and she tells me when to run etc. I personally need music to run to!

I also bought one of those belts you can wear with a water bottle and a iphone holder attached - i look a bit like a gun slinger but it will be better than holding my water and phone in each hand! :)

Oh and bugsbunny - if you start now you will 100% be ready for June - im only on week 4 and im trying to train for a 14k in May - doubt ill get there but ill be darn close ;)

Keep it up guys.

W8R1 today, 28 mins. Okay not too bad, though can feel it in my thighs/hips today, not sure what that's all about?
How is it going for everyone else? It's quite quiet on here!

I've been suffering with my shins to the side too :-/ I'm hoping the more I get used to it the better!

I'm gonna start on Monday I think! Mega treadmill phobia let's hope I can change that haha

Im still going! Part way into week four. I cant belive how much I have improved. I never, ever used to be able to run for 5 mins straight, its brill.

Going to treat myself to some new shock absorbing trainers next week - i feel like my ankles have no support!

Yay! Well done Laura! I know, every time you conquer a new amount of time it feels brill! The week before you don't think you could have done it - then you do :d

I had shin pain until I got myself some proper running shoes, then it went, you need the shock absorbment (not sure if that's a word :) ). You ought to get them fitted properly too to make sure they are right for you and your run (for example I slightly over pronate but neutral shoes are better for me but they need cushioning).

Do it Steph! Though perhaps you should get outside? :d I'm scared of the treadmill too, only been on it's few times, fell off once and couldn't stop it once. I find them a bit boring too but I guess everyone's different. :) x the most important thing is that you're going to give it a go x

Right been a total lazy bum but I've just signed up to do Total Warrior in August!!! No pressure ha x so going on my first run tonight ..... Eeek!!! X

Back