Couch 2 5K challenge - buddies welcomed!

Right been a total lazy bum but I've just signed up to do Total Warrior in August!!! No pressure ha x so going on my first run tonight ..... Eeek!!! X

Heh heh! Jumping right in eh? That sort of thing looks so much fun! I love that you're going in head first :) good luck with your first run x

I did w8r2 today. It felt comfortable. I was bright red, puffing away and definitely felt like I'd had a work out, but felt good, I could probably have kept on going! It always amazes me that your body can get used to running, I used to say that I wasn't built to run (wrong shape, large thighs, wobbly bits etc), but I was wrong, I'm a running machine :D hehe (hmm perhaps not! )

Heh heh! Jumping right in eh? That sort of thing looks so much fun! I love that you're going in head first :) good luck with your first run x

I did w8r2 today. It felt comfortable. I was bright red, puffing away and definitely felt like I'd had a work out, but felt good, I could probably have kept on going! It always amazes me that your body can get used to running, I used to say that I wasn't built to run (wrong shape, large thighs, wobbly bits etc), but I was wrong, I'm a running machine :D hehe (hmm perhaps not! )

Ha ha I wish I was a running machine!!! Lol x nothing like an event to motivate your bum off the couch hehe ;0) I have puffed and panted but I've done it, I will not be as fat and unfit again after today! :0)

Absolutely! Well done hun!

Definitely every other day, your body has rest and repair itself between runs x Did you go? :)

Definitely every other day, your body has rest and repair itself between runs x Did you go? :)

I've been!! Eeek!! I will be sore tomorrow lol x I'm going to the gym tomorrow to do some upper body weights as I've checked out the course for Total Warrior and I need to get some strength!!
So ill rest my little legs tomorrow :)
I went with my brother...he made me run faster!! Bad little brother :)

Ahh, well done anyway lady, I'm sure you'll be fine :) x

I'm going great guns :) half way through week 8, however, I have to have a tooth implant :( and it kicks off on Monday. It looks like I'm not going to be allowed to run for a while it takes, not sure how long for, I'll be gutted if it means I have to start again, I've got my fingers crossed for a week or so.

Are you stretching after your run? It really helps to stop any aches and muscle tiredness. You can find routines online.

I can definitely feel the difference now I've lost a stone, less ploddy if you know what i mean, lighter. You sound like you're going great, I'm sure you'll start to notice soon x

I'm going great guns :) half way through week 8, however, I have to have a tooth implant :( and it kicks off on Monday. It looks like I'm not going to be allowed to run for a while it takes, not sure how long for, I'll be gutted if it means I have to start again, I've got my fingers crossed for a week or so.

Are you stretching after your run? It really helps to stop any aches and muscle tiredness. You can find routines online.

I can definitely feel the difference now I've lost a stone, less ploddy if you know what i mean, lighter. You sound like you're going great, I'm sure you'll start to notice soon x

Ooh poor you...hope you recover quickly :) starting again would be a pain after all your hard work! X

Not sure I'm stretching enough... Ill look online. I went to the gym tonight to do some upper body weights and had a go on the vibrating plate... What a giggle that was lol :0) xx

Ooh poor you...hope you recover quickly :) starting again would be a pain after all your hard work! X

Not sure I'm stretching enough... Ill look online. I went to the gym tonight to do some upper body weights and had a go on the vibrating plate... What a giggle that was lol :0) xx

Thanks x

My friend and I had a go on this sort of 'band around the middle ' vibrating thing once, never laughed so much! There is something very peculiar about having your wobbly bits all wobbled at once! :banana dancer:(<--- heh heh!). I've never tried weights.

As for stretching I have a bit of a routine. I walk for the the first 5 minutes before I start to run to warm up (in my case I walk to the top of the hill, so I'm toastie by the time I get up there), run, then try to aim for about a 5 minute walk after too to cool down slowly. When I get home I make sure I do proper stretching, I have a routine that I work through stretching calves, ankles all the way to arms and back. I've found that if I do the stretches I have little if any stiffness etc. If I miss it, I can hardly walk the next day!

I went out for W8R3 today but managed to forget my watch! I did the same route(ish) that I did the other day with a little tagged on the end just in case, that will have to do! Week 9 run 1 on Sunday before my op so I'll at least get one 30 min run in - can't deny i'm a bit gutted though!

Just looked up Total Warrior!! Are you mad?? Ha ha, that looks so much fun! There was something similar though not quite as hard core near me called Wild Warrior that has obstacles you go round once for 5k and twice for 10. I did think about signing up for that last year but then fell off the diet and exercise wagon so never did. You've got your work cut out hun, let's get you fit :D totally doable by August I reckon!

Just looked up Total Warrior!! Are you mad?? Ha ha, that looks so much fun! There was something similar though not quite as hard core near me called Wild Warrior that has obstacles you go round once for 5k and twice for 10. I did think about signing up for that last year but then fell off the diet and exercise wagon so never did. You've got your work cut out hun, let's get you fit :D totally doable by August I reckon!

Hahaha :-D I HAVE to get fit now don't I!!!! No skiving, no reaching for the chocolate!! I love an incentive ;-) I'm really excited, am dreading monkey bars as I have always been hopeless at those :-( but I'm going to try my best lol x

I do the waking warm up/down but defo need the stretching, ill get myself a little routine...thanks for the tip :0)

I love weights! They tone you up and really change the shape of your body, well worth doing.

I'm doing no exercise tonight as I have sore arms and shoulders and hips are stinging, I have arthritis so they give me aggro but I am going to strengthen these muscles up to take some strain off :)

Planning on a run tomorrow after my WW wi :0) xx

Do you have a watch that tells you how far you've run? If so can you recommend? Xx
Just think how much better your recovery will be because you are so fit!! And you'll soon be in those running shoes again I bet xx

I used to have a Garmin, a posh expensive one, used it a couple of times and it was really cool, very accurate, but I found it put more pressure on me. I'd look at it constantly, checking that I was running fast enough etc. took the fun out of it for me so I sold it. Now I just use a basic watch with a stopwatch from decathlon. It was a clever bit of kit though, could map where you ran and allsorts.

Just think how much better your recovery will be because you are so fit!! And you'll soon be in those running shoes again I bet xx

Not thought of that! :)

I used to have a Garmin, a posh expensive one, used it a couple of times and it was really cool, very accurate, but I found it put more pressure on me. I'd look at it constantly, checking that I was running fast enough etc. took the fun out of it for me so I sold it. Now I just use a basic watch with a stopwatch from decathlon. It was a clever bit of kit though, could map where you ran and allsorts.

Hmmmm not sure if I should bother... Just curious to see how far I run, I'm not interested in times really just distance. If it takes me ages I don't care as long as I enjoy it lol xx

Back