Couch to 5 kilometres (C25K) Challenge!

Good luck Sookie - you can do it ;)

Laura - I didn't realise you we're such a proficient runner! Hope you got out & had a good run with your husband today. Is the Dublin mini marathon a half marathon??

Ohh god no its 10k....not so sure if I'll do it now. I'd have to run it alone and don't know if it'll be as fun as last year. I do like running though lol

So 28mins today on W8R1, the end is getting nearer :)
Not too bad, got into a stride and just kept going winding around the estate to fool myself into not knowing how long I had to go. Worked!

How's everyone getting on?

So 28mins today on W8R1, the end is getting nearer :)
Not too bad, got into a stride and just kept going winding around the estate to fool myself into not knowing how long I had to go. Worked!

How's everyone getting on?

Doing good keep it up... I've had a slight head cold so not done any running... Away next Monday for a week so restarting when back and also thinking if joining WW as cant seem to stay in track doing it at home x

Hope you're feeling better Sookie! I do WW but the old style ne (discover). It works well when I actually follow it (I've been a bit rubbish this week!). Because it's the old programme though I have to follow it from home. I actually prefer it with the support of these boards :)

Have a nice week and your new start x

Hope you're feeling better Sookie! I do WW but the old style ne (discover). It works well when I actually follow it (I've been a bit rubbish this week!). Because it's the old programme though I have to follow it from home. I actually prefer it with the support of these boards :)

Have a nice week and your new start x

Thanks

Plan in joining a class when I get home.. I seem to be "starting tomorrow" when doing it on my own..
X

Thanks

Plan in joining a class when I get home.. I seem to be "starting tomorrow" when doing it on my own..
X

I know that feeling!! Yesterday was my 'tomorrow' after nearly 2 weeks and still not got back into running :(

How's it going Hules, 28mins is great :) I'm
Going to attempt 15min + straight on Friday, I'll just keep going till I fall down!!

How's it going Hules, 28mins is great :) I'm
Going to attempt 15min + straight on Friday, I'll just keep going till I fall down!!

I'm sure you'll manage it! Just keep thinking you're no tireder than you were 2 mins ago! X x

I'm actually feeling a bit down. I was on w9r1 running 30 mins and actually feeling good, but had dental implant surgery yesterday and have been told no running for 3 months while it takes! 3 months! ! Not weeks like i was expecting! *sigh* That and I feel like I've been in a boxing match :(

3 months that is a really long time, what a pain (literally & metaphorically!) - especially as you've got back up to 30minutes. Hope the pain eases soon - is there any other exercise you're allowed to do? I suppose it'll all have to be low impact??

I'm feeling a lot better than I was now. Still a bit miffed that I can't run, (but at the same time enjoying it ;) ), I've coped anyway! How is everyone else getting on?

Hello everyone, would you mind if I joined you all? Done couch 2 5k last year then jogged/walked a 10k in September. Hoping to start training earlier this year and jog a 10k on October 6th. Looking forward to chatting with you all :D

Hello everyone, would you mind if I joined you all? Done couch 2 5k last year then jogged/walked a 10k in September. Hoping to start training earlier this year and jog a 10k on October 6th. Looking forward to chatting with you all :D

Hi claireb10

I finished C25K about September last year and since then my running as gone downhill.. Will be starting back up next week as just getting over food poisoning..
Never managed to run 5K only ever got to about 4K but there is always hope.

Sian

Hi Sian, hope you feel better soon!! Are you going to stick to doing 5k? I downloaded the couch to 10k app last night and started so roll on 14weeks when it will be completed :D

Claire x

Hi Sian, hope you feel better soon!! Are you going to stick to doing 5k? I downloaded the couch to 10k app last night and started so roll on 14weeks when it will be completed :D

Claire x

Im loads better now thanks...I have all intentions of sticking to it be nice if I could get to 5k wondering if its because I do it on a treadmill. I must get myself outside running.
10k sounds like a killer to me x

That's good then as long as your on the mend! I done most of my training last year on my treadmill too, just do much safer on the dark nights :) what day are you planning on starting?

The 10k wasn't too bad because of the atmosphere of everyone else on race day and I'm having a race with a work colleague so I'm determined to beat him :D

That's good then as long as your on the mend! I done most of my training last year on my treadmill too, just do much safer on the dark nights :) what day are you planning on starting?

The 10k wasn't too bad because of the atmosphere of everyone else on race day and I'm having a race with a work colleague so I'm determined to beat him :D

Probably will start Monday morning. I use to run mon, weds,frid.
Nice break at the weekend.
When's is the race x

That's great should only be a week between our training then. You going to stick to those days again?

It's 6th October so plenty of practise time! The app takes 14weeks so should have another 15weeks to build up my speed after I complete it, fingers crossed :D

That's great should only be a week between our training then. You going to stick to those days again?

It's 6th October so plenty of practise time! The app takes 14weeks so should have another 15weeks to build up my speed after I complete it, fingers crossed :D

Find them days easier to stick to.. Plenty of time to practice speed then.. X

Back