Couch to 5 kilometres (C25K) Challenge!

I completed C25k October last year and then like an idiot stopped doing it. But this morning I got up and put on my running gear and of I went. OMG I could only manage 15 mins of running. So now I'm going keep with it and by the end of next week I hope to be doing 30 mins of running.i also do this on the treadmill

X

Well done for the 15 mins running!, I think you should ease back into it after a break, pushing too hard too fast is how you hurt yourself!

Did W6R3 today which is 25 mins. It was hard, but I did it, I'm back and I'm feeling smug :D

Well done for the 15 mins running!, I think you should ease back into it after a break, pushing too hard too fast is how you hurt yourself!

Did W6R3 today which is 25 mins. It was hard, but I did it, I'm back and I'm feeling smug :D

Was thinking of trying for 20 mins tomorrow but will see how it goes...

Well done you keep up the good work.. Makes you feel so happy when you do it.. Even more so when you hear the words "your a runner"
Are you using the NHS podcasts x

No, I did originally for a few weeks, but actually prefer listening to my own stuff (currently a Zombie podcast as it takes my mind off the fact that I am running as I'm listening to the story. I am doing the NHS programme though. Are you doing the podcasts?

I gave in with them around week 7.. I just could no longer listen to that music ( if that's what it was called)

Heh, me too!

Managed 20 mins running today... So now I'm going to do an extra 3 mins every time to build up to 30 mins. Which in my terms of thinking is just another song I can listen to before stopping.

What is zombie music ? X

I'm just lurking here knowing I need to go out again, but I simply can't find any motivation. I feel like I'm in a bit of a funk exercise wise....I know once I start on it again properly it'll be easy but I'm just not there...naughty me !

I'm just lurking here knowing I need to go out again, but I simply can't find any motivation. I feel like I'm in a bit of a funk exercise wise....I know once I start on it again properly it'll be easy but I'm just not there...naughty me !

Know that feeling took me ages to restart running.. But I'm glad I did x

Me too, you just need to get out, it's the hardest bit! You'll feel great afterwards - mind you my head needs to be in the right place too so I totally understand your funk.

It's not zombie music, it's a story drama podcast in short episodes called 'we're alive'. Can't wait to hear the next instalment every time I go out :). I got bored of running to music, wanted a change.

Me too, you just need to get out, it's the hardest bit! You'll feel great afterwards - mind you my head needs to be in the right place too so I totally understand your funk.

It's not zombie music, it's a story drama podcast in short episodes called 'we're alive'. Can't wait to hear the next instalment every time I go out :). I got bored of running to music, wanted a change.

What a great idea.

Happy running x

Week 7 run 1, just back. Felt like hard work today but the time went quickly. By the time I peeked at my watch it was already 22 mins gone :)
How's everyone else doing?

Hiya x hope you don't mind me butting in :-/ I'm hoping to start some running as soon as ive acquired some running trainers. I used to run at least four times a week, eleven miles was an average run!!! However in the last ten years I've had three kids, put four stone on and have the most painful knees and hips!! I'm sure the pain is weight related.
So I joined WW yesterday, I did years ago to lose ten pounds and that with the running kept me at seven stone eleven for about three years, I loved it. I'm hoping to feel the love again soon!!
However until pay day ill be going to Zumba and at least one other class and reading what you guys are doing because its really inspired me :)

Good luck xx

Hiya welshmamma,

Why are you waiting til payday? All you need is running shoes :) get on out there hun! X 11 miles average is brilliant, the most I've ever done is 10k, what's that? 6.5 miles? I'm always awed by long distances.

You sound as though you have quite a small frame so losing the weight may well help with the pain. How's your first day going?

I did w7r2 today another 25 mins. Only looked at my watch when I thought 'hang on, didn't I get here last time?' And it read 25.03 hooray! Really feels like I'm getting back into it! We're off to decathlon this afternoon to look at sports gear yay!

How's everyone else getting on? Lovely day out there!

Hi welshmamma! 11miles a run is amazing - I don't think I could ever get that far! Still not done anything in over a week when I started again - oops.... I'm at work 7am tomorrow so I won't run tomorrow - I'll go Tuesday & Thursday - week 4 - no fear of snow so NO excuses :p

Hiya welshmamma,

Why are you waiting til payday? All you need is running shoes :) get on out there hun! X 11 miles average is brilliant, the most I've ever done is 10k, what's that? 6.5 miles? I'm always awed by long distances.

You sound as though you have quite a small frame so losing the weight may well help with the pain. How's your first day going?

I did w7r2 today another 25 mins. Only looked at my watch when I thought 'hang on, didn't I get here last time?' And it read 25.03 hooray! Really feels like I'm getting back into it! We're off to decathlon this afternoon to look at sports gear yay!

How's everyone else getting on? Lovely day out there!

My frame is tiny...not that anyone would think that at the moment ha ;-)

I love the feeling of running a good distance, I prefer open fields which I guess would be much kinder to my joints!! Lol I'm only 38!! I got old lady hips!!
I desperately need done running shoes, decent ones! The ones I have now will not help the painful joints one bit ;)
I'm not sure if ill get back up to the distance I used to run but a few miles would make me so happy!! You always feel so exhilarated after :-D

I tracked yesterday and found it was ok, so far today is good, nice to feel that I know where I'm up to and where I can go just be tracking lol xx

Sounds like your doing fab!! X

Hi welshmamma! 11miles a run is amazing - I don't think I could ever get that far! Still not done anything in over a week when I started again - oops.... I'm at work 7am tomorrow so I won't run tomorrow - I'll go Tuesday & Thursday - week 4 - no fear of snow so NO excuses :p

When you have very little body fat it's much easier lol I get knackered running up the stairs now ;-) I'm hoping my muscles have a good memory!!!
Well done on starting....that's the hardest part! ;-)

11 miles..OMG I would be found weeks later in a heap on the floor...

I'm back on treadmill on Monday.. SIDS get running on Friday as had our granddaughter stay the night so I was a total zombie Friday..

Happy running x

Back