Couch to 5 kilometres (C25K) Challenge!

Getting out the door is definitely the hardest bit for me. Getting my brain to make my body put on my running clothes! When they are on I have to go.
Just been to decathlon, new running top and socks. Could have bought so much more!

Getting out the door is definitely the hardest bit for me. Getting my brain to make my body put on my running clothes! When they are on I have to go.
Just been to decathlon, new running top and socks. Could have bought so much more!

I often think of running outside. But not brave enough just yet x

I love it when it's really cool and a bit of rain is always welcome ;-) x

Does sound nice... Perhaps when I know I can actually run run I will give it a go... Just to unsure I run fast enough to hit the roads lol even more so when there is an incline outside the house x

When I first tried c25k I did it on the treadmill & then gave up along with my gym membership! Then a couple of years ago I tried again, but outside & I much preferred it - it's not for everyone but it worked for me & after a while you just don't give 2 hoots if anyone is watching, invariably they're not PLUS I also noticed others who were like me & we say a breathless hello to each other !

Does sound nice... Perhaps when I know I can actually run run I will give it a go... Just to unsure I run fast enough to hit the roads lol even more so when there is an incline outside the house x

Im sure fast walking is just as satisfying :0) Also makes the back of the legs hurt and the bum, so must do some good :)

When I first tried c25k I did it on the treadmill & then gave up along with my gym membership! Then a couple of years ago I tried again, but outside & I much preferred it - it's not for everyone but it worked for me & after a while you just don't give 2 hoots if anyone is watching, invariably they're not PLUS I also noticed others who were like me & we say a breathless hello to each other !

I found running in a gym you tend to focus on times, distances, inclines etc and it takes the pleasure out of it. Hope I'm still saying this in a few weeks ha x

My treadmill is in the garage and believ me some mornings I could easily stay in bed where its so blooming cold outside... I also put a jumper on then take it off and cover the display, just know how many songs it takes to have run for about 20 mins... Sort of cheating lol xx

I love it when it's really cool and a bit of rain is always welcome ;-) x

Me too :) I get so hot and bright red that it's refreshing.

I reckon you should get out and give it a go sookie. Really, you don't care who sees you after a while (this really must be true as I'm a plumpy but still I wear running tights - sooo comfy and warm to run in - no thigh rubbing either). Pick a time when there aren't many people out, Sunday morning is good only other joggers and dog walkers, and try it! X

I've only run on the tread mill a couple of times but found it quite dull, even if I had some sort of telly to watch. I'm used to running outside now. I guess if I had one in my garage though I might feel differently especially when it's icy :) (I don't do ice).

I will give it a bash.. When we were on holiday in September I did go running then on the running track, but the track was along the Pacific Ocean.. Just not the same here on a housing development x

Yay! Running alongside the Pacific sounds lovely. When I was doing the programme the first time I went to Chicago and fancied a run along the lake front. It was too much of a phaff in the end to get me there so it never happened sadly, it looked so much fun (even though despite losing weight I still would have been the cuddliest runner by far :) I've never seen so many 'beautiful people').

Yay! Running alongside the Pacific sounds lovely. When I was doing the programme the first time I went to Chicago and fancied a run along the lake front. It was too much of a phaff in the end to get me there so it never happened sadly, it looked so much fun (even though despite losing weight I still would have been the cuddliest runner by far :) I've never seen so many 'beautiful people').

The run was a 5am so not many around, I was only up trough jet lag...
Have you found that running and doing a diet have help your weigh loss...
When I started the C25K I didn't lose weight but I did inches x

When I first started the C25K a couple of years ago I thought it would be brilliant, I wouldn't really have to change my eating habits and hopefully still lose weight. Didn't lose anything at all. I then started WWatching and it fell off, I'm talking 2lbs a week. This time it isn't coming off as quickly for some reason, but I got hubby to do my measurements a couple of days ago and I've actually lost loads in 5 weeks! I had been feeling thinner, my skirts had kept spinning round and my running clothes aren't quite so 'lumpy' even though I'd only really lost about 2lbs in 3 weeks. I definitely think you get the best results doing both together. Not sure about running alone though, I didn't do it for long ehough before starting to WW. I'm certain it must tone me up, though how effective it is under my excess weight I don't know. Hmmm, don't know if i actually gave you an answer there!!?? :hmm:

Just finished w4r1, pleased I got out there - not breaking any speed records though! It's freezing cold which I quite like but it hurts the lungs :)

Well done for getting out :)
I've just done w7r3 so my final 25 mins (though it was actually 26 by the time I looked at my watch). 28 mins next run I think.
Was indeed cold, my legs were bright red when I got home. It was foggy here too which was a new experience for me.

Yes we had fog - quite fun not being able to see where you're headed!! 25 mins, well done, I hope that's me in a few weeks. Do you have any plans after 5k or will you stay on that distance for a while? That's my aim to try & speed up & come June time increase my distance for 10k - well that's the plan anyway!! :D

I think this time I'm going to be very relaxed about the whole thing. My plan at the mo when I get to the end of the programme is to keep running for 30 mins on the weekdays, perhaps trying to increase distance I travel, then at the weekend up the time I spend running a little bit each week until i maybe hit 10k (though have no real desire to be able to do this), at least up it to 5k+ . I run for fitness and to help me get control of my weight, I don't really feel I need to prove anything necessarily.

That's the plan anyway, might look at a few charity 5ks in the summer.

Hey girls!! I forgot all about this thread lol. Great to see so many still doing the programme. I loved it, unfortunately got lazy for a few months but I'm back up to 7 or 8km now twice a week. Going to go for a 10k run today with the hubby and see how I go.

Anyone doing the Flora Mini Marathon in Dublin this year. I'm going to sign up again today, unfortunately doing it alone as my sister that I did it with last year is pregnant and the other one still isn't well enough.....sorry rambling.

I'll be calling in here more often, nice to have people to chat about running with:D

Back