Couch to 5 kilometres (C25K) Challenge!

azwethinkweiz

Gold Member
Hey ladies & gents :)
I've decided I'm going to try the C25K challenge. What this is, for anyone who doesnt know, is a running programme that aims to get you from the couch to running 5km (or running for 30 minutes) in just 9 weeks! Its designed to start you off gently & build you up gradually over the weeks - just walking and light jogging first.
The basics of it is that you take 3 days in your week (space them out if you like) and you do the programme on those days... it only takes 25-30 minutes! You can even do it on the treadmill if you wish.

Info here: Couch to 5k - C25K Running Program
and here: Cool Running | The Couch-to-5K ® Running Plan

There is an app for iPhones:[FONT=&quot]
App Store - Get Running (Couch to 5K)

and one for Android phones too :
C25K for Android

The apps are great & time your workout/tell you when to warm up/walk/jog/run/cool down - I'm using the free version of the Android one on my Galaxy S at the moment.

If there's anyone who wants to join me in the challenge I'd be delighted & then we can all support each other on this thread. ;):D
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Agh! A double post! Stupid me, I never checked if you'd done it yet or not lol :(

Hi,

This sounds like a great challenge! I'm currently recovering from a sprained foot but once its healed by the New Year, ill be joining you ladies. I'll keep following your post to see how you get on,

Good luck :)

Hi,

This sounds like a great challenge! I'm currently recovering from a sprained foot but once its healed by the New Year, ill be joining you ladies. I'll keep following your post to see how you get on,

Good luck :)

Excellent! Look forward to you joining up... you can cheer us on for now anyway!! :D

I promise to take my cheer leading duties seriously and if I'm really bored one day, ill try and make up a wee chant to help you guys along :)

I'm in...!! Jus downloading this on ma android fone now... What day is everyone on, or haven't u started yet? I av to admit I'm off skiing Dec 24th for a week, so won't be doin any runnin that week, but I'm defo in!!x

good luck with you're challenge everyone :D

sadly i can't partake been banned from running by doc, so i will be a cheerleader aswell :D

We need cheerleaders too :D its always appreciated!! x

I started yesterday so Day 1 is complete and I have 2 more days to do this week.

I'm so up for this! I love running almost as much as i love dancing! I'm off to flamenco class tonight but i'll defo start running tomorrow! Going to try downloading the android app now :)

I used to do loadsa running, but then moved to a city (in 2004, so its bin a while) n don't feel half as safe running anymore :( will make the effort during the day tomorrow... Any hints n tips, n cheering frm the cheerleaders will be gratefully received!! :) :)

Jay xx

Welcome Hannah, the more the merrier I say!!

Yes I walked/jogged during the day yesterday at a beach nearby but tonight will be different. I work 9 to 5.30 during the week and have to drive an hour to get home. It'll be dark by then but I still need to get out and do it? I've never really exercised out in the dark before so will need to stick to where there are street lights I guess?
I've never been a runner before so this is entirely new to me... giving it a go though :) x

So I did day 2. In the wind and rain. Got bloody soaked but glad I did it :) xx

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Yep, so I've one more day to go this week and then I have to start week 2 next week (probably this sunday). Dreading that already heehee, I'm so unfit these days :p

Good idea babe! Putting up the date we start the challenge, I started yesterday and Laura plans to start tomorrow.
Girls, lemme know what day you start and we'll keep track of that and update each other on how we're going.

azwethinkweiz/Sarah: 27/11/2011
MrsLmc/Laura: 29/11/2011
top_stuff/Jay: ?
hourglasshannah/Hannah: ?

azwethinkweiz/Sarah: 27/11/2011
MrsLmc/Laura: 29/11/2011
top_stuff/Jay: 29/11/2011
hourglasshannah/Hannah: ?

Two of you in it together tomorrow girls!! Good luck :) x

Back