Couch to 5 kilometres (C25K) Challenge!

In ireland we call all fizzy drinks "lemonade" by default lol. Had coke zero last night with low fat micro popcorn... Niiiiice! Well done on reducing your fizzy intake!! X
Oh I've never run in a field because I'd fall on me face lol. I was running on the road but I hurt my leg from doing that because the road is uneven too. Need a nice flat run!

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Im the same we ran one night on a football pitch and found it much harder so ill be sticking to the concrete x x

Goose1 said:
Im the same we ran one night on a football pitch and found it much harder so ill be sticking to the concrete x x

It is definitely harder to run on grass or sand anyway... Concrete is easier for sure, just mind your knees. A proper running track would be perfect because there's a bit of bounce in the ground!! X

I dont have any runnng tracks near me =[ just field after field after field! yeah im going to go today at some point. but might do it on the tarmac! and see how i go then walk back through the fields. so she can have a run! i went running without her at the weekend and really didnt like it! I get really paranoid when im on my own in quiet places especially if there is other people there! i dont know why! x

That's ok hon, I used to never go out without the dog. I do now because it's actually easier without her (she's begun dragging along behind me as my runs get longer). I think it's normal to feel a bit anxious at first.

yeah she is a weimaraner aswell! she is mahoooooosive lol she keeping up with me so far but im not running v. fat atm! but i have to admit that i tried running on the tarmac yesterday after i did my cool down and see if it was easier and i must admit it was but then i have to keep her on the lead! and she only has a short one! i might try and find a long track that i can run down so she can be let of she is very obedient and doesnt run off!

Goose1 said:
Well done you, i was dreading wk 3 but finished it last night and it was grand x

Are you starting to get into a rhythm on the longer runs?? I find that I am! I thought that I'm never gonna be able to run for a minute and a half but I did and was fine!

Are you starting to get into a rhythm on the longer runs?? I find that I am! I thought that I'm never gonna be able to run for a minute and a half but I did and was fine!

Yeah surprisingly im nearly disappointed when the 3 mins are up cos im going so well but see if i feel the same next wk when its 5 mins lol

Yeah surprisingly im nearly disappointed when the 3 mins are up cos im going so well but see if i feel the same next wk when its 5 mins lol

yeah! i was the same! oh crikey 5 minutes! im sure you can do it! I ran on concrete for the first time aswell im abit of a running hermit and run in the most isolated field. lol I must admit it was A MILLION MILES easier on the pavement. it was quite late when i went last night and didnt want to be on my own in the dark in a random field.

Oh god yeah youre better off out in public at night. Be safe . We stopped using the grass after wk 1 cos it was hurting our legs and i enjoy it much more now. This time last year i was out of breath walking so cant believe i can actually run even if it is only 3 mins x

Oh god yeah youre better off out in public at night. Be safe . We stopped using the grass after wk 1 cos it was hurting our legs and i enjoy it much more now. This time last year i was out of breath walking so cant believe i can actually run even if it is only 3 mins x

yeah Im shocked how much my fitness has improved in only 2 weeks. I live on an estate and it used to take me about 45 minutes to walk to the village! (approx 1 mile) and i would be dripping in sweat and panting and struggling to speak and now it takes me 25 minutes and not a drop of sweat or a pant in sight =] when i walked to the bus stop i allocated me 45 minutes and was there half an hour early =/ i take the OH mum's dog but but i had to keep her on the lead last night and she kept walking in front of me! which was slightly annoying and that she being a weimaraner its more like she takes me for a run! lol

Just completed day 1 of week 4, can't believe I managed a total of 16 minutes jogging. Sounds feeble but I've never done that much including 2 x 5min jogs. Really chuffed!!

Partypaula said:
Just completed day 1 of week 4, can't believe I managed a total of 16 minutes jogging. Sounds feeble but I've never done that much including 2 x 5min jogs. Really chuffed!!

Well done hon, you're doing fabulous! Keep up the good work :) xx

I'm just about to start week 5 day 1 but I do mine on treadmill, not brave enough to venture out ?I did the 5k run from the mag last yr and really enjoyed it but sadly became the couch potato again after I completed it ? This time I downloaded the app on phone and hope I keep it up once I have finished ?

I started week three this week and really struggling with the 2.5 minutes runs! i can get to about 2 minutes then i have to stop! iv done day 1 twice this week and going to so it again tonight i think! i feel really defeated not being able to do it =[

I've just completed week 2. Can any one tell me does it get any easier? I'm finding it so hard lol am scared to start week 3! I had been going to the gym about 7 weeks when i started so thought i was getting a bit fitter. I'm doing my runs on a treadmill at the gym dont feel confident enough to be running outside just yet x

sl1nkyminny said:
I started week three this week and really struggling with the 2.5 minutes runs! i can get to about 2 minutes then i have to stop! iv done day 1 twice this week and going to so it again tonight i think! i feel really defeated not being able to do it =[

Don't be silly, plenty of people find they need to add some extra days just to build up. Slow riiiight down and keep telling yourself you can do it. I find my brain tells me I need to stop or that I can't do it but really I can! X

x Lulu x said:
I've just completed week 2. Can any one tell me does it get any easier? I'm finding it so hard lol am scared to start week 3! I had been going to the gym about 7 weeks when i started so thought i was getting a bit fitter. I'm doing my runs on a treadmill at the gym dont feel confident enough to be running outside just yet x

That's fine, the treadmill is easier to start with anyway hon. I can't honestly tell you it gets _easier_ per se as every week you have to up your game a bit & the jogs get longer. BUT, for instance, if you get to week 3 you'll find week 1 is a cinch when it wasn't when you first started. It might feel like it's not getting easy but really you are getting fitter, it's just that the programme ups along with your fitness. You're doing great, keep up the good work xx

Thanks! I'm so sore today but i think thats because i started swimming for the first time in years this week! I havnt ached frm the gym since i started in feb and i swam for 45 mins on tuesday and i can just say walk x

Don't be silly, plenty of people find they need to add some extra days just to build up. Slow riiiight down and keep telling yourself you can do it. I find my brain tells me I need to stop or that I can't do it but really I can! X

I know but i have been fine with week 1 and 2 and then week three i just cant do it! and its making me feel like giving up. i try and tell mysself i can do it. iv also started running after my cooldown to make up for walking time lol

Back