Couch to 5 kilometres (C25K) Challenge!

I started week three this week and really struggling with the 2.5 minutes runs! i can get to about 2 minutes then i have to stop! iv done day 1 twice this week and going to so it again tonight i think! i feel really defeated not being able to do it =[

Dont feel defeated it s hard and just repeat until you feel ok doing it. Just slow down and it will be easier. I did day 1 of wk 4 on mon and after the during the last 5 min run i thought i would have to stop but just slowed down and got through it but for certain ill be repeating it a few times. Good luck x x

I've just completed week 2. Can any one tell me does it get any easier? I'm finding it so hard lol am scared to start week 3! I had been going to the gym about 7 weeks when i started so thought i was getting a bit fitter. I'm doing my runs on a treadmill at the gym dont feel confident enough to be running outside just yet x

You will be fine ive just finished wk 3 and was absolutely not as bad as i expected. Just take it slow. Good luck x x

sl1nkyminny said:
I know but i have been fine with week 1 and 2 and then week three i just cant do it! and its making me feel like giving up. i try and tell mysself i can do it. iv also started running after my cooldown to make up for walking time lol

Don't run too fast or u will burn out too quickly. I do the treadmill and walk at 4mph but only up the pace to 5.2 for the run. I also find a treadmill that looks pit over the rest of the gym cos watching other people makes time pass quicker and I'm not staring at my clock counting down.

Good luck xx

nettie1 said:
I did week 5 day 1 today ?felt really good when I completed it x

Excellent hon, keep up the good work! X

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Just finished wk 4 tonight. Am absolutely loving it . Hopefully ill feel the same next wk :):). Well done everyone x

Just downloading this..need to buy support for a fallen arch then ill try this because squats have me in bits

Goose1 said:
Just finished wk 4 tonight. Am absolutely loving it . Hopefully ill feel the same next wk :):). Well done everyone x

Fantastic, well done hon :D xx

got to do day 3 week 6 tomorrow and i have just entered for the ballot to run marathon next year :eek:) fingers crossed

A full marathon? Wow! Good luck hon, keep up the good work! X

im toying with doing the london marathon next year! still got along way to go though. good luck with yours

iv finished week 3 now iv been doing day 1 and 2 for agesssss i think i was to scared to move on! but i did it and it wasnt so bad. =]

I'm doing the race for life run in 2 months time. So scared. I'm ok going for brisk walks and jogging and walking on the treadmill but to jog around other people (not runners I mean spectators) is gonna be hard as I get so nervous! But it's for a brilliant charity so I've got to keep that in mind. I'm hoping to do a light jog and seem ok on the treadmill but we shall see I guess :)

I completed 3 weeks then hit a brick wall at week 4. I'd missed one day at the gym and the next time I went i just could't do it. The first time I failed i stormed out of the gym in a huff with my self but last night I was angry but i stayed at the gym and went right back to week 2. I completed week 2 day 3 again and on saturday will start week 3 again. At first I was so annoyed with mysel but now I'm proud that i didnt just give up and storm out again!

Did anyone else struggle with week 4? God help me when i get to week 5!!! x

x Lulu x said:
I completed 3 weeks then hit a brick wall at week 4. I'd missed one day at the gym and the next time I went i just could't do it. The first time I failed i stormed out of the gym in a huff with my self but last night I was angry but i stayed at the gym and went right back to week 2. I completed week 2 day 3 again and on saturday will start week 3 again. At first I was so annoyed with mysel but now I'm proud that i didnt just give up and storm out again!

Hon... I'm really proud you didn't give up and have gone back to it. Some people do find they need to repeat a week again before moving on. If you have trouble again with week 4, then repeat a day of week 3 the next time. My sister had to do this too! So don't worry about it, we need to build up our muscles and stamina nice and slowly. You're doing great... Don't look ahead to week 5 or 6 etc. because that used to scare me into thinking I couldn't do it (and I _could_) ;) xxx

Iv Just finished week three and started week 4 :) I know what you mean I did week 3 for about 2weeks because wen I looked at week 4 I just told myself I couldn't do it but when I did week 4 it really wasn't as bad as I thought it just seems daunting because it seems so much! But once you get into a rhythm it flys:) gook luck and good on you for not givin up x

Dont give up lulu you have made it this far. On the first day of every wk i struggle but am doing wk 6 day 2 today and then tomorrow is a solid 25 min jog. I never thought id get to here but have even though i felt like giving it up sometimes so go easy on yourself and take as long as you have to x x

Thanks everyone! On saturday I was so annoyed but yesterday just took a step back. At least i did something! I still completed the rest of my gym programme plus the 30 min run/walk so its all good. I've had a few bad weeks but tried my hardest this week to not cheat and not to skip any of my gym/swim plan lol. WI tomorrow so fingers crossed it will show on the scales! x

Im sure it will have paid off. Good luck for tomorrow x x

Hope everyone is getting on alright. Great weather for running. My first 10k coming up soon, I'll keep ye updated x

Ok, call me stupid lol .. but been looking at the tredmill one, as i have a tredmill, and i dont get it:confused: lol
the 5.00 to 6.00 run etc .. does that mean i have to run for an hour, and then walk for an hour? and do we have to finish the whole thing? ie .. 5.00 to 30.00? .. i would really like to try this, sorry for beeing so dumb lol

Back