Couch to 5 kilometres (C25K) Challenge!

claireb10 said:
W3D2 Complete

Good work hon, you done anymore this week?

Just looked outside and it's lashing rain here. Ugh. I did 4mile last night, took me about 43mins. Got my sisters wedding tomorrow so I'll probably not get out running until sunday (heading to Dublin tonight). Ah well, it'll be a nice break for my legs lol... X

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

I done W3D3 last night so onto week 4 tomorrow even if it's raining lol

Aw that sounds great I hope u have a great time and would like to see a pic!! X

claireb10 said:
I done W3D3 last night so onto week 4 tomorrow even if it's raining lol

Aw that sounds great I hope u have a great time and would like to see a pic!! X

Excellent hon, you're doing really great to keep it up even though the weather is crappy :) week 4 wooo, almost halfway there now!

Funny story, my bridesmaids dress actually had to be left in to be resized because it's too big. She did all she could with it but the top of it is still too big haha!! Ah well, least I got the waist and hips nipped in on it. X

azwethinkweiz said:
Excellent hon, you're doing really great to keep it up even though the weather is crappy :) week 4 wooo, almost halfway there now!

Funny story, my bridesmaids dress actually had to be left in to be resized because it's too big. She did all she could with it but the top of it is still too big haha!! Ah well, least I got the waist and hips nipped in on it. X

Well I can't stop now I'm this far in! I know the app I'm using only has 4weeks so three more runs and I'm halfway there :D

Aw that's always a nice feeling rather than the other way around! What colour of dress are u wearing? X

Can someone advise i wanted to give this a go but downloaded an app for my blackberry android C25k and its pretty rubbis all it does is beep when i need to change from walking to running - is this correct?

Or is ther a better app out there btw I'm doing this on a treadmill not sure if thats a different app again?

Hey yea there are some apps that just beep when u need to change from running or walking.

I started on the nhs c25k podcasts that u can download for free and a woman Laura talks you through when to walk and run but I got bored of their music. I'm now using an app on the iPhone by heavy duty apps that beeps and a voice says to run etc. Its whatever u find best for u. Good luck x

How's everyone getting on this week? Are we keeping up our training?

I did the Irish Runner 5 mile today, managed it comfortably in 52mins so I'm happy enough with that. There was a killer hill in there but I managed to keep going without stopping.

Hope everyone is doing well, has anyone signed up to do a 5k run? X

*Emsie* said:
I did Race for Life today,unfortunately(in one way) it was changed to 4k rather than 4 because of how wet the ground was in places but I managed to jog all of it and because I didnt get chance to see if I could manage the 5k its inspired me to register for park run and keep up my training etc

That's excellent, well done! You'll be well fit for the next 5km now for sure :) xx

Getting a treadmill soon, this will be my only exercise for now, what's a good time or distance to start with??! Or shall I just hop on and see how long I last before passing out?!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ljohnson9889 said:
Getting a treadmill soon, this will be my only exercise for now, what's a good time or distance to start with??! Or shall I just hop on and see how long I last before passing out?!

I don't recommend doing as long as you can before passing out lol... That might do more damage than good. Have you looked at the c25k treadmill programme? X

Ok maybe not passing out then lol! No is that on another post?

Check here:
C25K Treadmill

This works by walking and running and gradually building up the time you spend running. Try not to run fast, jog slooooowly - speed comes later, this is more about getting your stamina up first (less likely to quit if you build it up gradually rather than absolutely killing yourself doing it).

I can vouch for C25k as some of the people on here already know... Completed a 5k run in February, another 5km run in May, the 10km womens mini marathon in June and more recently the Irish Runner 5 mile last weekend. Good luck :)

How's everyone getting on lately? X

Hi,

I'd love to join you! I started that app 2 weeks ago and so far so good though it has highlighted to me just how unfit I really am! I'm aiming to run for MacMillian in October in Edinburgh as having fought(and still fighting) cancer for the last 18months I'm determined to raise some money and give something back!

My only tip as a complete beginner is buy a pair of shoes that fit your feet - I got measured at JJB and man they have made all the difference!

xx

Rainbowbear said:
Hi,

I'd love to join you! I started that app 2 weeks ago and so far so good though it has highlighted to me just how unfit I really am! I'm aiming to run for MacMillian in October in Edinburgh as having fought(and still fighting) cancer for the last 18months I'm determined to raise some money and give something back!

My only tip as a complete beginner is buy a pair of shoes that fit your feet - I got measured at JJB and man they have made all the difference!

xx

Show that cancer what for hon, well done you for starting the challenge!! That's inspiring stuff for people who think they can't do it you know!? I understand how you feel about realizing how unfit you are... But I promise it works wonders if you stick to it. I ran 5 mile just this morning and couldn't run for 2 mins this time last year!

Good tip about the trainers... I've had my gait analysed and moulded insoles for my trainers - defo recommend it. Done wonders for me.
Good luck on your journey hon, keep checking in to let us know how you're getting on xx

Wow! 5miles is way impressive!!! Yeah I plan to stick to it! Kinda enjoying it in some slightly sadistic fun way! Thanks for the insoles tip. Will check it out!

xx

Is everyone still sticking to c25k plan? Did my long run yesterday (I do a longer run at the weekend and shorter ones during the week). Did 10km - legs are tired today hehe. How's everyone getting on? X

Back