Couch to 5 kilometres (C25K) Challenge!

Lozziep78 said:
I'm gonna give C25K a go this week..........I think it's going to hurt!!!! :/ lol

Give it a go, it's definitely worth a try if you're interested in starting running. Just take it nice and slow - don't take off like a bullet at the jogging parts lol xx

Sent from my Galaxy S using MiniMins

Lozziep78 said:
Haha........I haven't got it in me to take off like a bullet.......my butt is far too massive for that!!!! Lol x

Hahaha surely not! Nah just thought I'd mention it because my sister was doing it and was taking off at a sprint instead of a slow jog and then couldn't understand why she wasn't able to keep going.

I haven't been out running since last saturday lol. I'm getting verrrry lazy again girls eek :p

Good luck lozziep, it won't be long till your moving up the weeks!

Think I'll go on the treadmill tonight and do a 5k (best buy ever!) so get your bum in gear and go out and jog, 30mins at most and your done and will feel so much better for it xx

claireb10 said:
Good luck lozziep, it won't be long till your moving up the weeks!

Think I'll go on the treadmill tonight and do a 5k (best buy ever!) so get your bum in gear and go out and jog, 30mins at most and your done and will feel so much better for it xx

Lol I did go out yesterday morning after all... Did 4 miles before work. Killed me though :p gotta get a run in tomorrow or sunday now :) x

I've yet to brave it girls, have stuck to walking and cross trainer this week........I'm going to start it on Monday!!!! Had my first weigh in this morning - lost 7 pounds....thrilled!!!!

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend! :D

smartie831 said:
I'm week 2 day 2 tomorrow/ Sunday. Also have a two tiered cake to make a decorate so hope I have time to jog.

Sure do it monday if you don't have time sunday?? I used to change up my days all the time hehe xx

Lozziep78 said:
I've yet to brave it girls, have stuck to walking and cross trainer this week........I'm going to start it on Monday!!!! Had my first weigh in this morning - lost 7 pounds....thrilled!!!!

Hope you're all having a lovely weekend! :D

Well done on the walking and cross trainer anyway hon - hope day 1 goes well on Monday!
7lbs is amazing, half a stone already wow! X

Not been able to jog all week as caught a cold and it's meant I've been put on an inhaler as I'm struggling to catch my breath, not ideal when u want to jog hehe

Hope everyone is sticking with it because it's a great feeling when u can jog 5k and enter races :D

claireb10 said:
Not been able to jog all week as caught a cold and it's meant I've been put on an inhaler as I'm struggling to catch my breath, not ideal when u want to jog hehe

Hope everyone is sticking with it because it's a great feeling when u can jog 5k and enter races :D

Sorry to hear you're ill. Hope it clears up soon. X
Hope everyone is keeping up the training. The weather is starting to get colder now (it is in ireland anyway) so it's time to get hats and gloves and warmer running gear. When proper wintery weather comes in, you'll need to keep all your skin covered (except your face of course).
Also it's starting to get darker earlier so wear a high viz vest if you're outside running/walking in the evening and keep to well lit areas if you can.

After a week off running for my hols, I have to try to get back into it this week hehe, wish me luck x

azwethinkweiz said:
Sorry to hear you're ill. Hope it clears up soon. X
Hope everyone is keeping up the training. The weather is starting to get colder now (it is in ireland anyway) so it's time to get hats and gloves and warmer running gear. When proper wintery weather comes in, you'll need to keep all your skin covered (except your face of course).
Also it's starting to get darker earlier so wear a high viz vest if you're outside running/walking in the evening and keep to well lit areas if you can.

After a week off running for my hols, I have to try to get back into it this week hehe, wish me luck x

Thanks the cold is clearing up now just trying to get rid of this cough so hopefully will be running by next week again.

Did u have a nice holiday? Saved myself the hassle of running in cold dark nights and bought a treadmill so cosy night infront of the tv lol x

claireb10 said:
Thanks the cold is clearing up now just trying to get rid of this cough so hopefully will be running by next week again.

Did u have a nice holiday? Saved myself the hassle of running in cold dark nights and bought a treadmill so cosy night infront of the tv lol x

Holiday was über stressful because my sister was getting married abroad and was having some bridezilla moments here and there. Glad to be home now.
No room in this house for a treadmill, I live in a tiny house where there's barely room for me lol so I'll be out running in that freezing cold weather hehe ;)

azwethinkweiz said:
Holiday was über stressful because my sister was getting married abroad and was having some bridezilla moments here and there. Glad to be home now.
No room in this house for a treadmill, I live in a tiny house where there's barely room for me lol so I'll be out running in that freezing cold weather hehe ;)

Was the wedding nice? At least it's over and you didn't fall out with her hehe

Luckily I still stay with my mum and dad so got a fold up treadmill in my room, hardly take up any space at all. Cold is finally clearing up, yippee!!

claireb10 said:
Was the wedding nice? At least it's over and you didn't fall out with her hehe

Luckily I still stay with my mum and dad so got a fold up treadmill in my room, hardly take up any space at all. Cold is finally clearing up, yippee!!

It was nice but good god am I glad it's over. I felt like a hippo in Malta though. Everyone is super thin and gorgeous lol!

I stay with my mum and dad too which is why I don't have a treadmill actually because they won't let me get one. I've NO room, I'm in the box room in a tiny house. Maybe when I get my own place though :)
Yay to the cold clearing up, I'm gonna go for a short jog tomorrow and see how bad things have got lol...

azwethinkweiz said:
It was nice but good god am I glad it's over. I felt like a hippo in Malta though. Everyone is super thin and gorgeous lol!

I stay with my mum and dad too which is why I don't have a treadmill actually because they won't let me get one. I've NO room, I'm in the box room in a tiny house. Maybe when I get my own place though :)
Yay to the cold clearing up, I'm gonna go for a short jog tomorrow and see how bad things have got lol...

Your super thin and gorgeous too though, it's all in your mind just got to be more confident. I used to be in the box room but got swapped round with the brother.
Helping put a decking down out the back this weekend so that will be my exercise then jogging as of next week. Good luck for tomorrow hope its not too bad x

Just wondering if those of you who started c25k ages ago can help with my motivation?? I'm on week 6 but i havent really seen much in the way of weight loss (even though i am sticking to my 26pp a day!) I also asked about weight loss through jogging on another forum on here and somebody told me that jogging alone is pretty much pointless and doesnt help all that much with weight loss!! Has anybody lost weight with diet and jogging alone or should i be doing other exercise?? :confused:

Thanks!

Just wondering if those of you who started c25k ages ago can help with my motivation?? I'm on week 6 but i havent really seen much in the way of weight loss (even though i am sticking to my 26pp a day!) I also asked about weight loss through jogging on another forum on here and somebody told me that jogging alone is pretty much pointless and doesnt help all that much with weight loss!! Has anybody lost weight with diet and jogging alone or should i be doing other exercise?? :confused:

Thanks!

Hiya, I've just started week 4 of the C25K and I think it has helped with keeping weight off not necessarily losing weight....... If you are training properly then really I think you should be eating more as your body needs fuel especially with regular running, if you are jogging how slowly/quickly are you going?

I'm a firm believer that cardio does help weight loss as this is how I got to my goal weight last and then managed to maintain without being rigid about my food.

I put on a bit over my Nov holiday and Xmas/New Year but only got 6lbs to go till my target again and I think the running has contributed to this.

Have you noticed a difference in your shape? Do you feel more toned? Remember muscle weighs heavier than fat which is irritating when your trying to lose weight but it defo makes you feel better when your toned and athletic looking!

Good luck and keep it up :) Xxxx

Thanks for that, yeah my hubby mentioned that maybe i should use my activity points daily and see if i lose a bit more cause i might not be eating enough. I'm doing the jogging on the treadmill on week 6 of c25k running at a speed of 7.2, maybe if i go faster?!

What kind of cardio did you do to get to your goal weight before?

Good luck with the 6lbs, sure it will be off in no time!

Thanks for that, yeah my hubby mentioned that maybe i should use my activity points daily and see if i lose a bit more cause i might not be eating enough. I'm doing the jogging on the treadmill on week 6 of c25k running at a speed of 7.2, maybe if i go faster?!

What kind of cardio did you do to get to your goal weight before?

Good luck with the 6lbs, sure it will be off in no time!

I think that's quite a decent speed but if you think you can go faster try building it up a bit :)

I just used to run on the treadmill and go on the bike in the gym 2- 3 times a week and I also play netball twice a week so I suppose that is quite a bit but if I didn't do it I'd be anxious that I'd put weight back on!!! Xxx

Back