couch to 5k 1st outing!!!!

Jinxter2007

Hey everyone, I have just done 1st day of 1st week, I have to say the podcast is well worth downloading, it is so much easier when you have someone telling you when to walk and when to run, the session lasted 28.5 minutes with total running time of 8 minutes, you do it 3 times per week and can repeat any week if not ready to move on, I will keep you informed of my progress if only as motivation for myself. x x:D

ohhh going to try this tomorrow...just trying to think where is flat enough to run (thinking canal or local park)...will be taking 2 mad collies and a papillon with me ;) Need a running buddy or 3 x

Awesome! Well done to you. I love it! I have the couch to 10k one, but think I might try the couch to 5k to begin with!
Good luck with your couch to 5k journey! x

Well done!! I was just reading your other post about how many sessions a week it is. You do each set three times before moving on but you can always do an extra one if you think you need to x

Thanx for your positive feedback, I think it helps a lot when you know you have people rooting for you, THANX guys x x

I tried couch 2 5k in the summer, when i went on holiday down to Brighton to see my bf's mum i enjoyed running along the seafront. I was worried there wouldnt be anyone else running but it was quite busy!

I'd like to try this but at the moment I think I'd do myself some serious damage if I tried..
I think I'll just start with walking round the block a few times a week and up either the duration, frequency or route ( more hilly ) when it gets a bit easier and I get a bit lighter..

I'd like to try this but at the moment I think I'd do myself some serious damage if I tried..
I think I'll just start with walking round the block a few times a week and up either the duration, frequency or route ( more hilly ) when it gets a bit easier and I get a bit lighter..

There's a site called walkjogrun.net where you can map your route on google maps, whether you walked or ran it, and how much you weigh, and it shows you how many calories you've burnt. I know SW doesn't work on calories as such, but it's such a motivation to see that a short walk burns as much as a gym workout (my lap round the village burns 375 calories, and takes just over half an hour).

There's a lot to be said for walking!

There's a site called walkjogrun.net where you can map your route on google maps, whether you walked or ran it, and how much you weigh, and it shows you how many calories you've burnt. I know SW doesn't work on calories as such, but it's such a motivation to see that a short walk burns as much as a gym workout (my lap round the village burns 375 calories, and takes just over half an hour).

There's a lot to be said for walking!

Interesting site, thanks Jen :)

Back