Couch to 5k

Lis88

So today I started the c25k day one. I'll admit it nearly did me in, I'm so unfit! :( My dog loved it however :) I'm determined to finish it though, a lot of my friends are runners and they swear by it for keeping them fit, healthy and in shape. Anyone else doing c25k at the moment?

I'm thinking of starting it again - got to week 5 when I was a gym member on the treadmill but scared of going out running on my own tbh!

I was too and noone wanted to join me, so I bring my huge scary looking dog (who is really a pussycat at heart lol) with me to fend off any potential danger! She loves it, great exercise for her too!

Might see if I can drag OH out with me in the morning. If not will maybe brave it on my own :/ but we'll see about that lol

I did W2D2 last night, really pleased to be doing it and it's very strange for me to be looking forward to running!

I know what you mean, I was never one for exercise! A brisk walk was as far as I'd push it but much prefer to stroll lol!

If you ever need some running inspiration I found the book "Run fat ***** run" really good, it's practical straight to the point and highly entertaining! :) Be warned running is addictive once you get used to running out doors you miss it when you don't do it -

If you ever need some running inspiration I found the book "Run fat ***** run" really good, it's practical straight to the point and highly entertaining! :) Be warned running is addictive once you get used to running out doors you miss it when you don't do it -

I'm hooked already! :D

just done my first 5k run and entered my first 10k run in 2 weeks and yes it is very addictive I run almost everyday now x

Ive downloaded this but have 2 babies and juggling them its crazy so finding the time to run isnt possible. Just about manage 30 mins on my wii. Was thinking maybe jogging on the spot bit pathetic but would it work doing this or not?

Jogging on the spot is good but deathly boring! running up 3 flights of stairs continously for 5 minutes is possibly the toughest quickest work out you could do but not handy if you live in a bungalow :)
If you have a buggy I know my friends have found that pushing the buggy while power walking or running really helped them gain upper body strength as well as fitness.....
It's so important to make time for yourself and look after yourself when you have small children - it'll help you be twice as effective when your with them to spend half an hour doing something for yourself everyday. I know its not simple to make arrangements around it but it would certainly be worth your while :)

Haha I have no chance of getting time to myself thats why I joined slimming world AND stay for the meetings thats my 1 hour a week thats mine!! I have a 13 month old and a 7 week old, a disabled mother and a houseful of animals one of whom is epileptic so if im no9t running round after the kids its my mum if not her then the animals, hence why jogging in my house is my only option :(. My stairs are a split stair case of 2 flights of 8 I do do these quite a few times a day and go out for a walk pushing my tandam buggy so it is a really really good workout (40lb of baby plus the pushchair!!)
Ive been getting on the wii fit for 15 mins a day but want to try and up it somehow!!

It sounds like you are doing a lot of heavy lifting and a good bit of movement as it is so you probably don't need to add in more exercise. Sounds like your running from pillar to post a lot!

Haha I have no chance of getting time to myself thats why I joined slimming world AND stay for the meetings thats my 1 hour a week thats mine!! I have a 13 month old and a 7 week old, a disabled mother and a houseful of animals one of whom is epileptic so if im no9t running round after the kids its my mum if not her then the animals, hence why jogging in my house is my only option :(. My stairs are a split stair case of 2 flights of 8 I do do these quite a few times a day and go out for a walk pushing my tandam buggy so it is a really really good workout (40lb of baby plus the pushchair!!)
Ive been getting on the wii fit for 15 mins a day but want to try and up it somehow!!

Sorry if you've said already and I've missed it but are exercise DVDs a better option? Some of those only take 20-30 minutes and you'd be at home to do them.

Same here angelicbex, I have a 2year old and 10 month old! Have to wait until hubby is around to go running. Might try exercise dvd too, any suggestions on good ones to try?

I did think about this tend to find them a bit the sameish IYSWIM? I like something with different levels to aim for and prefer fat burning than muscular/ Tried 30DS but didnt like it :( Any recommendations gratefully received

Downloaded the nhs c25k program yesterday. Never ran in my life unless there's a bus and then only if I can be bothered. Plan to run(!) Tuesday Thursday and Saturday. Would love an online buddy if not a real one. Decided to go out wearing a mask on Tue so if I make a complete fool of myself no.one will recognise me! ;)

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins so excuse random words that have been autocorrected!

Best of luck Fionut, start off very slowly and be gentle with yourself it takes time to build up the fitness and lung capacity. I found the walk a minute run a minute approach good when I started - or some people start with run a minute walk 5 minutes, whatever your able for. I just thought it was good because then you can work towards little goals like two minutes running 1 minute walking until you don't need to walk at all. :) YOU CAN DO IT!!

Thanks, there's a podcast you listen to while you walk/run. Think to begin with its 5 walk 1 run. Will have to listen again to check.

Sent from my HTC using MiniMins so excuse random words that have been autocorrected!

Back