Couch to 5k

Looks great

I tried week 2 this week but it absolutely killed so I am trying week one again. I'm a smoker so I'm finding it very hard my lung capacity is low. Once the weight is off the ciggies are going definitely! Started the 30 day shred today as well, Jillian is a machine she's exactly the trainer I need! Muscles are sore now but push through the pain!

That's good to hear Lis88 just ordered the collection DVD from amazon hope it arrives SOOOOOON can't wait to start - 60 days to holidays :) be super to have some weight down and some defininition to soak up the sun with some confidence. The craziest thing happened last night - I saw some pictures from when I was about 11 or 12 on facebook posted by a the school I went to and I was so mortified at how fat I was I litterally cried for hours it just all came back to me, the name calling and awkward situations that it put me in. Just generally feeling different and left out. I was really sporty played games every day and could never shift the weight. My boyfriend thought I was having a melt down but I couldn't bare to show him the pictures.
Funny how you can burry things in a far away place but they'll come back up if you don't deal with them.

Hope you are feeling better today exiguous *hugs* try to put it all behind you again and look forward, use it to motivate you and promise yourself you'll never feel like that again. x

Exactly it's just fuel to be brilliant :)

I've just started and have done week 1 (day one and two) and am already looking forward to day three!! It's very addictive!! I did day 1 with hubby and day 2 with my dad - back out with hubby again tomorrow! I use mapmyrun too and it tells me how many calories, miles and average speed etc - means I can compete with myself now and try to better my run everytime! Week 5 looks like it gets incredibly tough but hoping I can keep up with it all! I haven't run for years an hoping that I can get back into it! I'm on weight watchers and am hoping that it will help me shift done extra pounds! x

I've just started and have done week 1 (day one and two) and am already looking forward to day three!! It's very addictive!! I did day 1 with hubby and day 2 with my dad - back out with hubby again tomorrow! I use mapmyrun too and it tells me how many calories, miles and average speed etc - means I can compete with myself now and try to better my run everytime! Week 5 looks like it gets incredibly tough but hoping I can keep up with it all! I haven't run for years an hoping that I can get back into it! I'm on weight watchers and am hoping that it will help me shift done extra pounds! x

I dreaded week 5 too but it's not as bad as you might think, or at least that was the case for me. The feeling after you've completed it is amazing too! (W6D2 for me tonight :))

Asked hubby to go today but he said (and rightly so) that I should have a rest day!! I normally hate jogging but can't beat that feeling after I've finished! :)

Get into the habit of having a rest day as u move through the weeks more running is involved, I started 6 months ago I'm now on route to 10k I love it so proud of myself. When I think back I was so lazy and unfit I couldn't even run for 30 seconds now running for 45 minutes. The feeling is amazing. I can remember getting to week 5 and the feeling after that run was amazing u can do it, if I can u all can :) xx

I tried that app a little while ago and it was brilliant, loved the 5am sessions. Can't wait to have another go when I shift a few pounds :)
Good Luck!

Week 1 day 3 done - found it hard but proud of myself for finishing! :)

Hello :) just did Week 1 Day 1, yay. really enjoyed it :)

Hello :) just did Week 1 Day 1, yay. really enjoyed it :)

Enjoying it is the most important thing, well done for starting and good luck on your journey! You'll be amazed how fast you progress too.

(just done W6D3 - never would have believed I could run for 25mins if you'd asked me in my first week of C25K!)

Enjoying it is the most important thing, well done for starting and good luck on your journey! You'll be amazed how fast you progress too.

(just done W6D3 - never would have believed I could run for 25mins if you'd asked me in my first week of C25K!)

thanks! yeah, i enjoyed it so much, can't wait for tomorrow's run :) i'm sure there'll be tougher days, but i hope i can stick at this!

Just wondering;do you just run the three times a week that it tells you to? because loads of people say they run everyday and stuff, so i don't know what to do... what's best?

and WELL DONE for completing week 6!!! That's really amazing, keep it up! *Inspired*

I'm doing the runs 3 times a week and trying to fit in other exercise on other days too! x

thanks! yeah, i enjoyed it so much, can't wait for tomorrow's run :) i'm sure there'll be tougher days, but i hope i can stick at this!

Just wondering;do you just run the three times a week that it tells you to? because loads of people say they run everyday and stuff, so i don't know what to do... what's best?

and WELL DONE for completing week 6!!! That's really amazing, keep it up! *Inspired*

I don't run every day but do other exercise on my 'rest days' - sometimes that's just walking, other times I do exercise DVDs or that sort of thing. I did a couple of days where I ran two days in a row but I don't think it did my knees any good, I only did two in a row because it fit in best with other things I was doing, but I do think that days off from running are important, especially when you're starting out.

Have had this app downloaded for ages but have never started it. Got back from hols yesterday and have a new focus for my SW diet and need to get some exercise started too do plan to start using this app. Worried that I am going to struggle as my fitness is pretty much zero but have heard good things about this app, planning to start on Thursday!

Have had this app downloaded for ages but have never started it. Got back from hols yesterday and have a new focus for my SW diet and need to get some exercise started too do plan to start using this app. Worried that I am going to struggle as my fitness is pretty much zero but have heard good things about this app, planning to start on Thursday!

I don't think you'll struggle as much as you might think :) It's designed for people who don't run so your level of fitness should be fine for it, and if you can't manage all of the running on day one then keep trying it and you'll get there. Good luck with your running! :)

I'm panicking about starting week 2 tomorrow! All week I've been so pleased to be stopping jogging at 60seconds and now it's 90 seconds....aaaagh!!!

Back