Couch to 5k

Yes it is! I think cos there is a measurable element to it, none if this "I'll go tomorrow" carry on. 3 runs into each week. Every week.

There isn't a nhs 10 k but there is a ap u use ur own music it tells u when to run and walk etc. It's good. Works in the same way x

completeded w2d3 onto week 3 thursday and looking forward to it. today i run slower but found the run much more manageable then pushed myself on the last 2 runs

right, I've been up town today and bought some new headphones.
I am on this tomorrow

:-( I've not trained at all for a week :-( gutted but felt ill at end of last week and then have a big moderation/inspection tomorrow morning and have been busy at work and then at home preparing it all until bed time! Kept to pp and everything just not been able to do my jogging :-( back on it on Thursday after all the work stuff is over - i've missed if! :-(

W8D1 (28mins running) done :D

Well done, everyone else! :)

I tend to leave at least 1 between x

yeh ur supposed to leave at least a day inbetween to let ur muscles recover i do tues thurs then either sat or sun depending on weekend plans

Finally started, thats W1 D1 done.
Do most people leave a days gap or do 3 in a row?

I think it's important to leave a day in between running sessions, especially when you're just starting out - you need to give your body a chance to recover from the new strains you're putting on it. Well done on starting! It's only a few weeks since I was where you are now and yet it seems like much longer because of how far I feel I've come :)

Rigby said:
I think it's important to leave a day in between running sessions, especially when you're just starting out - you need to give your body a chance to recover from the new strains you're putting on it. Well done on starting! It's only a few weeks since I was where you are now and yet it seems like much longer because of how far I feel I've come :)

Aw that's great to hear!! I am excited to see what the weeks bring and it is motivating to hear that others r doing so well! X

I know this was some time ago now but for angelicbex and the other ladies at the start of the thread who found it difficult juggling home life, kids, etc and exercise then I would highly recommend kettlebells. Just a 20 minute kettlebell workout has the same effect as running uphill for 40 minutes. You can buy a cheap 5 or 7.5kg from Asda £10/£12 respectively and they do wonders. Just because it is technically a weight don't be fooled. These beasts give you a serious hard workout, both aerobic and anaerobic.

Anyways, I did c25k last year only got to W3D2 but all the weight I lost last year has gone back on and I have found myself with really low self confidence to go out and run again. I haven't ran in 11 months and I do miss it. I was thinking about starting up again, especially since I finish college for the summer before starting university in September I should have lots of time to get some good exercise in.

Do u just need one? Is there a work out DVD or something? X

yeah I just use one, when you get a bit more experience perhaps use two for different moves and that. They really are good, I don't know why there isn't more of a craze over them!

Went a rub today in the wind and rain :-/ either mad keen or desperate! Managed to knock 30secs of my time :)

Back