Could I check the water thing with you guys?

dignity

Hi - I'm just starting my third week of LT and have stuck at it 100% (apart from some melted cheese which landed on my finger once..........) My breath is pretty ripe so I assume I'm in ketosis (my pharmacy doesn't check for this), but this week I've only lost a pound. I lost 9 pound the first week and was expecting better results, - I feel pretty demoralised.

The pharmacist suggested this was because I'm not drinking enough pure water and also blamed the peppermint tea I've started to drink. However, if I'm completely honest, I don't have much faith in the pharmacist's knowledge of this diet, so I wanted to ask you guys what you thought too. Is peppermint tea bad? and green tea?
Also, how much PURE water do you have to drink or doesn't it matter provided you're drinking fluid? I have at least 12 cups of coffee/tea a day - but some days I don't actually drink pure water at all..........

Grateful for any advice - thnaks!

I think the minimum you have to have is 4pints of pure water. You really must up your water intake. I have around 4-5 litres of water a day now and my losses are pretty consistent. You could be dehydrated and that's why the losses aren't so good.

Get glugging and see that weight fall off!

any leaf tea is fine which obviously includes peppermint :)

i also drink 41/2 litres of water a day of which 2 ltrs are sparking water. you will get used to it, youve just got to make yourself. besides, your body needs that extra water now your not getting it from food intake. ive always seen drinking tea/coffee as an added extra to my other fluid intake and dont count that at all.

i bet you if you even drink one 2ltr bottle of water each day this coming week, itll make a difference to your weight loss next week.

good luck

h xx

hi i drink peppermint tea 4 times a day with tablet 2 sweetner in it and at least 4 -5 liters of water aday and it not done me any harm dont loss heart with small losses there losses still and some weeks as you will see with ohter people will be bigger the week i lost 4 lbs smalest loss todate i diod not drink anothe water now doing 4 - 5 liters a day and would be lost without peppermint tea good luck and keep your head up this diet works if you follow it 110% trust me

Yup i'd say its your water thing too - you really do need to drink 'pure' water - either hot or cold whichever you prefer and you need to have atleast 2litres of it a day. I'm on 4litres a day and my losses are consistent :)

Hi - I'm just starting my third week of LT and have stuck at it 100% (apart from some melted cheese which landed on my finger once..........) My breath is pretty ripe so I assume I'm in ketosis (my pharmacy doesn't check for this), but this week I've only lost a pound. I lost 9 pound the first week and was expecting better results, - I feel pretty demoralised.

The pharmacist suggested this was because I'm not drinking enough pure water and also blamed the peppermint tea I've started to drink. However, if I'm completely honest, I don't have much faith in the pharmacist's knowledge of this diet, so I wanted to ask you guys what you thought too. Is peppermint tea bad? and green tea?
Also, how much PURE water do you have to drink or doesn't it matter provided you're drinking fluid? I have at least 12 cups of coffee/tea a day - but some days I don't actually drink pure water at all..........

Grateful for any advice - thnaks!

Hi ditto what everyone else has said and also not everyone loses a lot everyweek.
My third week weight in I didn't lose anything and I was gutted but perservered and 4th wi I lost 6 so really please.
Keep going and def drink more water x :):)

Hi dignity

Definitely the water thang girl. I fill 4 jazzy coloured 500ml bottles with pure water ( 2ltrs) and make SURE I get those down my neck every day, over and above I know is bonus and is going to do me good.
Also, have you tried stepping up on a bit of exercise. I try to walk for an hour a day or take a bike ride around the block. Anything that gets the old metabolism shaking.
Don't give up though and you will get there ;)

Thanks everyone - more water it is then. Glad to hear peppermint tea is OK because I really don't know how I'd cope without it!!
Good luck to you all

DEFFO the water! LT told me 2lts MINIMUM, 4.5lts maximim - NOT including water in shakes or any hot drinks .... sorry x

Why does your chemist not check your ketones??? Not only should they be checking your pee to see if you are in ketosis, they should be checking it to make sure your kidneys are working correctly. I missed a pee sample one weigh in and the chemist kicked off and told me not to forget it then next time and she actually marked it on my card that no sample was obtained.

I was asked to take a sample the second week to make sure I was in ketosis. The only times they've asked for one since is when I've had a bad loss - to make sure I was still in it. But each time I forgot and the loss had improved the next week anyway.
I don't think it's an LT requirement that it's done all the time. x

water is the key to good weightloss, someone at there ideal weight should be drinking 2lts of pure water daily, anyone overweight should up their intake by 500ml per stone overweight up to a maximum of 4.5lts.

Water suppresses the appetite naturally and helps the body metabolize fat. Studies have shown that a decrease in water intake will cause fat deposits to increase, while an increase in water intake can actually reduce fat deposits.

The kidneys can't function properly without enough water. When they don't work to capacity, some of their load is dumped onto the liver. One of the liver's primary functions is to metabolize stored fat into usable energy for the body. But, if the liver has to do some of the kidney's work, it can't operate at full throttle. As a result, it metabolizes less fat, more fat remains stored in the body and weight loss slows or stops completely.

glug glug glug

Back