Cruise PP Could it be i am having too much ww yogurt?

Nina41

I Am on day 10 of the diet (7days attack) and only lost a kilo (2.2lbs). I am doing everything right I think but now reading the forums a question popped into my mind... Cant we have ww yogurts? I've been having 2-4 a day! Is that what is stalling me??? I only have the vanilla and toffee ones!

Dairy can stall - there's 5.9 carbs per serving in WW toffee yogurt - so that's almost 24 gr daily carbs just from those. I think Total yogurts gets a few mentions on here, so maybe try that instead.

I usually have one yogurt per day, maybe 2 occasionally (but only have natural). Best to have fromage frais/quark as there is a better protein:carb ratio.

Alessandra - Dukan is not a crash diet! You should reverse your expectations.

At your weight, and with such a short journey to go, the lonfer you take to reach the goal the betters, as a slow, steady sustained loss of 2lbs a week is more likely to produce long term permanent reduction, rather than a "boom-bust/yo-yo" cycle, where the weight piles back on again as soon as you stop.

Alessandra, I'd say you're having too many yoghurts! Why 4 a day?! Fill up on protein instead!!! I know you don't have a lot to lose, everyone loses at a different rate too but I didn't have a lot to lose and I dropped 5/6lbs in Attack...Of course, I know the healthy rate of weight loss is 2lbs a week but you would expect that on any low fat diet, 'ATTACK' is just that, it's an 'attack' on your body weight, a dramatic change in eating habits and you naturally expect to lose more during that time so I get why you're feeling like you could have lost more. I would say lose the yoghurts altogether and see how you get on *worked for me* x

Atropos, I am extremely anxious because I've been trying to loose a stone for over two years! I
start a diet full of hope, do everything right and can't go lower then 9.10 st. After MONTHS stuck at the same number, I get angry, eat "normally" (ie not counting points or calories but still eating healthily) and in 2 or 3 weeks I go back to 10.3 st.

Please don't tell me this is my true weight etc because it is not as if I can't maintain, I just DON'T loose! Everybody at my ww meeting loses weight, even the older ladies, so why can't I?

That is the reason I get tense. I see everybody here saying " I lost loads on attack" and I ask myself " is this another diet that works for everyone but me?"

I ask everyone here all the help you can give me, please! I feel trapped in this chubby body. The WOST feeling in the world is to diet and not loose!

Thank you

Before you ask, I saw 5 different gps already. Had blood tests and no one know why my weight is almost the same regardless.

I am a very persist person but I getting pretty fed up with all this.

Alessandra, I get your frustration, but keeping positive is a must:)
2.2 is not bad at all.. so this is not another diet not working for you, just give your body some time to adjust..
Why did you do such a long attack? the program should be suggesting 3 days for someone like you.. The real loss will be on cruise, but first week of cruise even I lost only 1 lb! enjoy the scale going in the right direction.. I am sure you will get there but you have to be realistic and not expect a miracle.
Good luck!:)

Just cut the yoghurt and see what happens...... When I did Atkins, cheese had a horrendous effect on my weightloss and I couldn't for the life of me think why I wasn't losing when everybody else was........ Cut the cheese and I started to lose again....... Try it and see what happens in the next few days.....
Good luck.xx

Ill do that but how am i going to make galletes?

Just use the plain yog thats recommended. Its poss the sweeteners in the ww yogs that is stalling you. Plain doesnt't have anything in it.

Ill try that for sure! Tks

I'm going to be controversial here. Alessandra; you've said you want to lose a few more pounds because you're towards the heavier end of 'healthy' BMI.

Well I'm firmly of the belief that BMI is a load of bollards. It was invented in the 1800s as a way to calculate healthy weight by looking at height versus weight however it takes no account of one rather central point...what that weight is made up of. For instance, a bodybuilder will register as 'obese' on the BMI scale...even though most of them have a lower percentage of fat than the average Joe. Why? Because muscle weighs more than fat.

The only figure you need concern yourself about is body fat percentage and women are, on average, in the 25-30% bracket.

In other words, the figure on a scale is absolutely irrelevant and if you're fighting for some magic weight number on a scale based on BMI (especially for 2 years), then you should know that you may be putting yourself through hell for no good reason whatsoever.

Get your body fat percentage measured instead...and if that is in the healthy range then, frankly, stop worrying about your body and worry more about your attitude towards it.

Pudding, I don't think I said anything about bmis. I totally agree with you about that. What I want is to feel better about myself. Unfortunately I grew up in a society that doesn't teach you to like yourself for what you are. I grew up listening to people saying " she's got a pretty face, shame she is a bit chubby". I guess it is hard for u to understand why that still matters to me but it does.

The point is, why is it so difficult for me to loose weight? After my first pregnancy it took me 20 months to loose 38pounds. I swear to god I was counting every point possible, I was the best ww member by far and many times left the meetings in tears.

Now my priority is, as you said, lower my fat percentage. My muscles are so weak that they probably consume very little calories.

What I don't want is to go through hard work again for nothing. I am 5'4 an want to weigh 9 st. That is not asking much, is it?

Thank you for your time pudding, I really appreciate it.

Definitely drop the yoghurts, make sure that the meat you're eating is 'extra lean' and maybe cut out cheese altogether. I completely get where you're coming from, I'm one of those that has been struggling for a few years just to drop 10lbs and keep it off, it's always the same 10lbs! I've never been very big but it's all relative because when you only have a small bit to lose you do get all those 'You'd be perfect if you could only lose 10lbs' comments.
This diet is working for you though, however slowly the weight is coming off. It might come off slowly in the first week and you may have an even better loss the second week, just stick with it! 2lbs a week is 6lbs in three weeks and 10lbs in 5 weeks so whatever way you look at it you'll be at your goal weight well before Christmas and easing into slinky dresses for Xmas nights out!!!
x :)

If you stick to what's in the book and on here you will lose. As you can see from. The DD daily chat on his site, when people don't lose over a whole week it is usually because they are eating something they shouldn't. But some people eat too little as well and that leads to cravings and breakage. The only cheese allowed daily is quark.

I stopped with the yogurt and lets see what happens!

It's true that we can usually get to the bottom of a stall just by looking at daily menus, which is why we encourage new people particularly to post them! We have a daily menu thread, which is sadly rather empty and usually frequented by the same people!

Back