Could portion size be the problem??

Angelkitty

Hi all.

Ok, as some of you know I was stuck after losing 5 stone and kept gaining and losing the same 1-2lbs.

Some great people here helped me and recommended the Super Speed Soup. I ate it for lunch a couple of times a week and it helped me lose 6.5lbs (Yey!!!) in 2 weeks.

Again though I am either sts or having small gains. So, this got me thinking, is it more a problem of the size of my portions rather than what I am eating? I do keep a diary on here, looking back, I do eat a lot of the same things really, but the portion sizes may also be an issue.

I tend to do a mixture of EE & Green days.

What kinds of sizes portions would you guys recommend?

Thanks xx

Question! Are you still eating the same portion size as you were when you started? It's easy to get used to putting the same amount on your plate without questioning whether you actually need it. If so then yes you could probably look at portion sizes. How is your superfree intake? And do you tend to eat the same things all the time? I think variety in what you eat is really important as your body just used to what you are putting it in. you need to make it work for its living!

Some people find that using recommended portion sizes on labels for pasta, rice etc can help.
But really just make sure you only eat unt you're full. Have a smaller plate instead of a fill size dinner plate? Then if you're hungry, wait a few minutes and decide if you want more. That's what a couple of people on here have recommended. What sort of things do you eat? Xxx

Thanks ladies.

On Green days I tend to eat things like:

Mushroom risotto
Pasta n Sauce
Salad
Jacket Potato and beans or low fat cheese
Super Speed Soup
SW Chips

For EE I tend to eat the same but I add things like chicken breasts or fat removed pork chops, green beans and super free veg.

Hi AngelKitty! Yeah it looks like a lot of heavy foods in one day. Are you having things like pasta & sauce for snacks? How about having just superfree fruit and veg instead?

Hi. Thanks. The pasta n sauce is usually as a meal with some green beans. I am living on a very tight budget at the moment as I lost my job so I'm trying to spend as little as possible.

Ive found that lately I have had to cut my portion size down, I just cant eat as much as I used to. I've asked my OH to give me smaller portions as when he cooks he still try to serve up the same amount I used to eat!

Saying that I think one one the other important factors is you must not go hungry, thats not good either!

Good luck trying to shed these last few pounds! x

Thanks Vivki. I do find that I am really really hungry sometimes, so maybe that is why I have large meal sizes. Thanks everyone. I love this site!! So many ideas and helpful people to keep you going. Only 2 stone left to go!!!!

Back