Could this be ketosis already

size10bikini

Silver Member
Im only finishing day 2 but didnt eat much the night before I started. I feel mildly woozy at times, was cold earlier and have an odd metallic taste at the back of my tongue. Isn't it a bit early?

Hiya, perhaps - it's good to have ketostix (you can get them from pharmacy) to test. But GP said that if you don't eat for 3 days on this diet, you go to ketosis. And that's what lots of people seem to be confirming here too. The metallic taste is apparently one of the signs, however, in my case I only have that taste in my mouth immediately after the shakes, so am not sure what it is down to.
If you're woozy - check that you drink enough water! Measure it & write down if you need to :) just make sure you're hydrated. Also, another way you could know that you're in ketosis is when you go to loo and pee smells like acetone (sorry for the graphic explanation.....) :)

All the best & well done to getting day 2 - I still vividly remember my first week LOL

I'm never off the loo but I will pay attention next time! I think i'm having enough water as I measure out 2 litres and drink it all then have a few more glasses after. Time is going so slowly thank god its big brother eviction night, give me something to do.
Library tommorrow, get some books to keep me busy. x

Back