Countdown to a fabulous confident ME !!!

grrrr

great start to the day, online banking probs, being informed mum in law visiting - she's being totally weird about fact her ex husband has just died and think she might be coming to remind my husband of all the reasons he 'shouldnt' be going to the funeral, just dont need it! then my daughter kicking off because she cant go into town with friends after last day of school because her step nan is visiting .. grrrr :sigh:
now have to blitz the place because i cant be bothered with her sarcastic looks at my pile of ironing and paperwork sitting on the dining table :mad:
however despite the stressy morning, so far so good on the food front :)

fri

breakfast: 2 weetabix, skim milk + 2 cups tea 2 sugars - 250ish
lunch: buffet and birthday cake - pointless counting exact cals, wasnt excesive but rough guestimate around 800 cals
dinner: salad - 350 cals
2 cups tea & sugar - 100 cals
wagon wheel - 200 cals

APPROX TOTAL : 1700 cals, again not brilliant but i didnt eat as much as i might have done prior to logging my intake

Last edited:
great start to the day, online banking probs, being informed mum in law visiting - she's being totally weird about fact her ex husband has just died and think she might be coming to remind my husband of all the reasons he 'shouldnt' be going to the funeral, just dont need it! then my daughter kicking off because she cant go into town with friends after last day of school because her step nan is visiting .. grrrr :sigh:
now have to blitz the place because i cant be bothered with her sarcastic looks at my pile of ironing and paperwork sitting on the dining table :mad:
however despite the stressy morning, so far so good on the food front :)

Shove it in a cupboard or under the sofa!! That's what I do if ppl come round unexpectedly!! :8855:

Seriously though, don't let her get to you. Your hubby has every right to be at the funeral. Sometimes parents seem to think they know what's best, but that's not always the case.

Hope you get through the day with your diet, and sanity intact. Well done on the good start xx

thanks

thanks, will try and stay positive .. just read your diary and think i'll pinch your idea and have a large plate of sw chips, eggs and beans tonight - real comfort food :D
right, really must crack on with some house work - so far spent the morning going from minimins to ebay, then a beauty forum, facebook and back to the minimins diaries, lol .. and theres me telling my daughter off for always having her nose stuck in the computer, lol .. not good!
take care and catch up soon xx

Just sending you hugs:grouphugg:

Virtual wine - sure - it's just the real stuff that isn't around. White or red? :D

Great to read about your going to a mother and baby group and glad you enjoyed it. Charming comments about the wrinkles! You know, sometimes I'd rather people said that stuff to my face though, rather than behind my back. The first few times it's a bit hard to take, but at least you know where you are and a lot of the time it comes from a reasonably good place.

I like Greenwich - and live more at the Deptford end of things - about a 15-minute walk to the market or two stops on the DLR. It's far enough away from the market not to have the tourists, coaches and Sunday parking issues but is still on my doorstep. The funky baby place is still there - Shop Greenwich | !Beauty & The Bib - and you can order online if you want something but aren't visiting for a while. Islington is a great place for house-sit for a weekend. Apart from Columbia Road, one of my fave weekend places - er, and of course, Greenwich. If you're in the area, do get in touch.

PS If the MIL gets too tiresome about the state of the house, just tell her you'd love to be more hands-on but you've been terribly busy supporting her son and are sure she'll understand. Either that, or take her out for a thermos of tea/coffee in a park so everyone can get some fresh air. Good luck.

thanks

thank you holidaygirl for the virtual hug :)

thank you greenwhich girl for the link, thats the one .. had noesey round the site lots of reasons to visit greenwich again soon :) love islington, my husband grew up there, i lived there for couple years and we try and go back at any opportunity .. keep doing the lottery in the hope of winning and being able to buy one of those gorgeous mews houses in canonbury square :D

ok, you can tell havent yet been shopping .. lol

bfast : 1 penguin, 2 x baby rusks lol and skim milk - 2 cups tea & sugar - rough guestimate - 350 cals
midmorning: large banana -100 cals
lunch: 2 turkey slice sandwiches - 500 cals, pkt french fries crisps - 100 cals
dinner: salad - cold meats, cpl dolmades (sp?) coleslaw - 500 cals, 1 rolo dessert 150 cals ?
extras: skim milk / sugar - 100 cals
kit kat - 200?

hmm.. struggling to keep to 1500 cals as originally planned, but have kept to under 2000 cals for the last 3-4 days, looking forward to joining sw next week - all going well, still waiting to hear about funeral arangements so not sure if i'll be about or not

on a positive note, i do feel as if ive lost a little weight - my 'uniform' evans jeans feel a smidge looser - im deffinately eating less than i usual would, still not brilliant choice in some areas but just one bar of chocolate on a saturday night instead of 2 + popcorn and possible calorie laden takeaway or pizza so getting there slowly but surely .. oh and eyebrow wax has made me look half human again, the therapist said i had lovely shaped eyebrows so that was nice :) just have to work on the rest of me lol

Last edited:
thank you holidaygirl for the virtual hug :)

thank you greenwhich girl for the link, thats the one .. had noesey round the site lots of reasons to visit greenwich again soon :) love islington, my husband grew up there, i lived there for couple years and we try and go back at any opportunity .. keep doing the lottery in the hope of winning and being able to buy one of those gorgeous mews houses in canonbury square :D
How weird you should mention Canonbury Square! I photographed a bride outside one of the lovely houses there last week - their wedding reception was at The Canonbury and we walked from Islington Town Hall (in between rain showers). They are gorgeous places.

Very cute avatar! Good luck with life this week and your joining SW.

thank you

thank you greenwich girl X
wow i take it you're a photographer then .. how glamorous!!
this is the career path my daughter would like to take, that or working in textiles .. the only problem is although she's very creative she's not very good at the technical side of things - they do a photography course at her school, but appear to take very few pupils on :( oh well, she's got a another year before she chooses her options, hopefully she can work on that :)

sunday

not my choice to be up and about at 6 oclock on a sunday the morning .. the joys of having a baby, lol
so tempting to go make some breakfast out of habit as ive just 'got up' but i have a long day a head - and a difficult one too, we're going to cambridge bowling alley to celebrate my nephews 7th birthday - bless him. lots of temptation there with burgers, chips, ice creams etc .. will try and eat a big breakfast around 8 oc and hope it fills me up but wont stress too much if i give in to temptation - will just try not to 'pig out'! lol
have only just started this journey but i think my mind set is changing already ..
im actually quite looking forward to bowling - this really is a first for me .. as awful as it sounds, and despite it being my nephews birthday the old me would have found some excuse 'not' to go, because id have felt people were looking at me, worrying about what to wear .. ie top that didnt rise up to show my muffin tops etc as i was bowling - but im actually quite looking forward to it, i feel that now im actually 'doing' something about my weight issues i dont feel such a failure and so it really doesnt matter if i look overweight when im bowling, because next time i go .. i wont be! (am i being bit overconfident here, lol)

Last edited:
thai

i need some advise girls .. im taking my daughter to see legally blonde on monday as a treat for getting a good school report :) its been booked for months (special deal) so i must have been confident she was going to do well! really looking forward to spending some mother/daughter time together - part of the package is a pre-theatre 2 course meal at thai square in convent garden. ive managed to reach 42 years without ever having eaten thai before - really looking forward to sampling something different, does anyone have any recommendations for lovely thai dishes that wont break the calorie bank ? thanks in advance X

I don't think Thai food is particularly bad for you whatever you choose it's certainly not as bad as pizza or a burger!! Try not to worry and just enjoy xx

just got in from bowling and picnic then birthday cake at my sisters ..
ate what i fancied and had some cake without going too mad, kept 'some' control ..
not sure if i fell off the wagon or not as stopped counting calories at one point, but will draw line under it and start again tomorrow :)

monday

woke up with the familiar 'was i good yesturday?' feeling .. then remembered the picninc :(
long day ahead today - friend coming to lunch, then this evening meal out and theatre .. will take the day as it comes .
doesnt look as if will be able to join slimming world for couple weeks yet, because of the funeral and other things going on .. getting bit bored with counting calories and eager to crack on with sw so think i today will be my last day of calorie counting and i will start the plan tomorrow, then join the class when i can probably second week august x

Last edited:
monday

having pre-theatre meal this evening, if had started sw could have done flexi sins, but still counting calories - so goal is not to go over 2500, so that will be 500 over daily recommended amt and will cut back little over next few days

breakfast: toast x 3 - 350 cals
milk in tea / sugar - 100 cals
midmorning - 4 ladies fingers - 100 cals
lunch - french bread - a lot :( 500 cals?
low fat cottage pie - 250 cals
yogurt - 50 cals
meal out -chicken satay 400 cals, chicken curry 300 cals
theatre - big bag m&m's 500? fruit jellies 200 cals
ice cream - 200 cals
extras - milk/sugar in tea - 100 cals
chicken coleslaw sandwich when got home - 400 cals

3400 cals .. oopsie!

actually thats quite obscene, almost 1000 over my target allowance !!! big fat line drawn over over today i think :/

Last edited:
thanks tooty frooty .. show was brilliant, i take my daughter every 25th july onwhat would have been my nans birthday (she loved the theatre) - its our girlie time together,we do the whole shopping, meal, show thing .. think my nan was deffinately watching over us yesterday as we were driving along busy road when a car just veered out of control from opposite lane and was heading straight for us at speed, my husband somehow managed to swerve and the other car came to a halt in a woody area. thought was going to throw up it was that close, and nearly asked my husband to turn back it shook us up so much .but i knew my daughter had been wanting to see legally blonde for ages so we carried on our way. meal wasnt so good either, i had chicken satay to start which ok and a chicken curry which i was told was 'medium' .. OMG if that was medium, would hate to try their 'HOT' had two mouthfuls and my mouth was on fire, lol!!! couldnt eat any more so at least it balanced out the giant bag of m&m's and ice cream i polished off at the show :/ . think might have gone over my 2500 cal limite somehow, lol

Last edited:
Back