Countdown to holiday weigh-ins

Saveloy Nights

A full stone has been lost from my frame after my first week on Exante. I know people tend to have good losses in the first week (of any diet) followed by steadier losses as the first week loss contains lots of excess water retained by your body.

Nevertherless I'm totally over the moon and determined to have another good week - and to try and stick to keto friendly foods during the planned meal out on Saturday. Whilst I could be tempted to cancel the meal I have decided that I still want to go to as it is a Christmas bash and some of my favourite people in my world will be there.

Roll on week 2! :D Thanks for all the support from this site - you guys have been AMAZING!

:wow: fantastic first week SN, well done. xx

Wow that's fantastic!! Do you have a mini goal before Christmas?? You've probably exceeded it with that loss. Well done x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Thanks all - your support is truly motivational. I havent really thought about a Christmas mini-goal but I wanted to get on the plan this side of it rather than put it off until the new year. I have a number of December functions followed by Christmas itself and I'm realistic to know that I'm not going to lose every week in December (and may even gain!). Getting a headstart on the weight before the extreme strictness starts in January seemed like a good compromise with myself.

Saveloy Nights said:
Thanks all - your support is truly motivational. I havent really thought about a Christmas mini-goal but I wanted to get on the plan this side of it rather than put it off until the new year. I have a number of December functions followed by Christmas itself and I'm realistic to know that I'm not going to lose every week in December (and may even gain!). Getting a headstart on the weight before the extreme strictness starts in January seemed like a good compromise with myself.

That's a really good way of thinking. I have 3 weeks of no do's so really want to push myself to the 19th then add a meal each day so I'm hopefully not going to pile on a stone over Xmas and new year....fingers crossed!!!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Thanks! Diet only really - no additional exercise but do plan to start getting more active as the plan goes on

I just accidentally wrote something else on this thinking it was my diary... I'm having a dull day!
I think i've got rid of it successfully... sorry!!!

Last edited:
No worries Lux - just been looking at your thread. Good luck with your Christmas goal x

I was thrilled when I hopped on the scales this morning to note that I had lost 4lbs during week 2. I found this particularly pleasing as I had a planned night out on Saturday and freely indulged in lots of meat and white wine. I can only think that the fact I stayed away from carbs allowed me to stay in ketosis and the weight loss was still able to happen this week.

Exante is very restrictive but the rewards are fabulous. I know that I will put on weight over Christmas but at least I have begun my journey and have not put it off until January. So I'm expecting to put back on some of what I have lost but I wont being putting extra weight on top of my starting weight if you see what I mean!

Saveloy Nights said:
I was thrilled when I hopped on the scales this morning to note that I had lost 4lbs during week 2. I found this particularly pleasing as I had a planned night out on Saturday and freely indulged in lots of meat and white wine. I can only think that the fact I stayed away from carbs allowed me to stay in ketosis and the weight loss was still able to happen this week.

Exante is very restrictive but the rewards are fabulous. I know that I will put on weight over Christmas but at least I have begun my journey and have not put it off until January. So I'm expecting to put back on some of what I have lost but I wont being putting extra weight on top of my starting weight if you see what I mean!

I see I see :). well done on beginning the journey this time of year and agreat loss

I need to stay away from daily weighing, I'm on day 5 of week 3 and the scales have STS every day. It's doing my head in, demotivating me & making me have naughty food thoughts!

Back