Countdown to holidays - the return journey

Thursday 7th July - Green Day

Breakfast - Alpen (HEb) Fresh fruit, FF nat yoghurt

Lunch - Pasta with sauce (5)
Jelly (1.5) %0 ff shape yoghurt

Dinner - Jacket potatoes, chicken stuffed with quark, spinich with teaspoon of horseradish sauce (in original book however chicken used as (HEb) half a grapefruit

Snacks, fresh fruit,
two litres of water, coffees with milk (HEa)

Total Syns - 6.5

and now planned in advance:

Friday 8th July - Green Day

Breakfast - Alpen (HEb) Fresh fruit, FF nat yoghurt

Lunch - Uncle Ben's Longrain and wild rice (1.5) 0% ff shape yoghurt, jelly (synned yesterday) 5 laughing cow blues (HEa)

Dinner - Mash potato, asda reduced fat sausages x 2 (9) peas, carrots, onion gravy made with 1 tps cornflour (1) and 1 tesco value veg cube (1) (may try without cornflour and see how thickens)
recipe on HELP - balsamic in onion gravy thread half a grapefruit

Snacks - fresh fruit, water - aiming to drink 2 litres of water, coffee with splashes of milk

Total Syns - 12

Your balsamic onion gravy recipe sounds really good, will have to give it a go!

I make similar, but don't use sugar or balsamic vinegar, I use either red or white wine (125 ml = 4.5 syns which is between three of us), added to the fried onions/shallotts, letting it bubble away, then add the stock and reduce until thickened.

Did the reducing work or did you need the cornflour?

Have to confess, used the cornflour, we only just sat down for food at half seven so thought quicker with cornflour but my oh my mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

WELL WORTH THE SYNS FOR THE WHOLE DINNER mmmm

But cant count, my syns should be 12.5 and not 12!

Am now looking for tomorroe, perhaps some kind of chickene indian - but i also fancy a cooked f:Dor brekkie

Saturday 9th July - Extra Easy Day

Well have decided to try an extra easy day, - attempted to but I think that afer today I will go back to reds and greens as they are so much easier for me as my veg likes are almost non existent.

Breakfast - trimmed bacon, mushroons, scrambled eggs, beans, sausages x 3 (3) bread (HEb)
small portion of mixed fruit

Lunch - Ham Salad with peppers, onions, beetroot, pickles and sweetcorn

(Unfortunately, this did not go to plan as I was out and only managed a banana)

Dinner - Chicken jalfrezi, made with extra mushrooms and onions, side dish of chopped onions, peppers and cucumber with a side dressing of ff nat yoghurt and mint (no sugar) pilau rice

Snacks - muller lite, fresh fruit jelly (1.5)
Drinks - Coffee with milk (HEa) and water

As its Saturday, my main sins will be bacardi and diet coke

Conclusion:
1. I much prefer my fruit, alpen and ff nat yoghurt for breakfast
2. I find ee a much harder day as I struggle to eat veg as I do not like much
3. Its easier when I am in work, I eat all I need to and do not end up missing meals if we are out and I also drink a load more water

omg - how nice

Saturday 9th July - Extra Easy Day

Well have decided to try an extra easy day, - attempted to but I think that afer today I will go back to reds and greens as they are so much easier for me as my veg likes are almost non existent.

Breakfast - trimmed bacon, mushroons, scrambled eggs, beans, sausages x 3 (3) bread (HEb)
small portion of mixed fruit

Lunch - Ham Salad with peppers, onions, beetroot, pickles and sweetcorn

(Unfortunately, this did not go to plan as I was out and only managed a banana)

Dinner - Chicken jalfrezi, made with extra mushrooms and onions, side dish of chopped onions, peppers and cucumber with a side dressing of ff nat yoghurt and mint (no sugar) pilau rice

Snacks - muller lite, fresh fruit jelly (1.5)
Drinks - Coffee with milk (HEa) and water

As its Saturday, my main sins will be bacardi and diet coke

Conclusion:
1. I much prefer my fruit, alpen and ff nat yoghurt for breakfast
2. I find ee a much harder day as I struggle to eat veg as I do not like much
3. Its easier when I am in work, I eat all I need to and do not end up missing meals if we are out and I also drink a load more water

Well I need to alter my Dinner to the following:

Homemade chicken biryani with fresh biryani mix (authentic fresh mix not pre-made sachet) with cloves, curry leaves and cardamon pods, which also included chopped mushrooms, 3 chopped garlic cloves, 1 white onion, 1 red chilli, one chopped orange pepper, tin of chopped tomatos, white basmati rice

With side dish of finely chopped onion, red pepper and cucumber, with a home made raitia dip made from ff nat yog and mint with no sugar.

syns - 2 mini onion bajhis from Asda chilled pack 28.5g each
(4 syns)

Well I need to alter my Dinner to the following:

Homemade chicken biryani with fresh biryani mix (authentic fresh mix not pre-made sachet) with cloves, curry leaves and cardamon pods, which also included chopped mushrooms, 3 chopped garlic cloves, 1 white onion, 1 red chilli, one chopped orange pepper, tin of chopped tomatos, white basmati rice

With side dish of finely chopped onion, red pepper and cucumber, with a home made raitia dip made from ff nat yog and mint with no sugar.

syns - 2 mini onion bajhis from Asda chilled pack 28.5g each
(4 syns)

Sounds delicious!

Sunday 10th July - Green Day

Breakfast - Shreddies with honey & nut (HEb) fresh fruit, ff nat yoghurt

Lunch -Pork (HEb) potatoes, frylite roast potatoes and carrots, peas, stuffing ball (3) yorkshire (2.5) gravy (3)

tea, banana, yohurt, pack of snack a jacks (6) :eek:
Water, coffees with milk (HEa)

Total Syns - 14.5 (so much for holding back some syns for meal at end of week!)

Monday 11th July - Green Day

Breakfast - Shreddies with honey & nut (HEb) fresh fruit, ff nat yoghurt

Lunch - Uncle Ben's, Express Long Grain & Wild Rice pouch (1.5) 0%ff shape yoghurt, jelly (1.5) blueberries, banana

Dinner - Mash potato made using some milk from (HEa) gammon (HEb) fresh ring pineapple ring, egg fried using frylite, peas

Water, coffee with milk (HEa)

Total Syns - 3

It got swamped by Sunday.Nothing wrong-couldn't find it!lol.x

Sorry I came on to see how you were doing and couldn't see Mondays diary but its there doh dont know how I missed it sorry to have worried you :(

You pair frightened me, thought id done something bad!

Am getting the run up to my fave time - not! So head and body not with it at mo :(

Back