Counting Hex's from shop bought food

cheekychinchilla

Gold Member
Hey guys!
Really wasn't sure what title to give this, lol. I've bought a Weight Watchers pizza (caramelised onion and feta) for my tea-been craving pizza for weeks! It is ok for me to take 6 syns off and count the cheese as a HexA isn't it?
I'm doing a green day and I've only had one of each Hex so far today :)
Kelly.x

Interesting question... SW clearly say that if you buy a wholemeal ready made sandwich from the shops you can use the bread as a HE and take off 6 syns, do you know how much cheese has been used on the pizza?

Dont think it would make a difference how much cheese was on it unless there was less than 42g
for instance if there was 60g of cheese on the pizza you can take the 6 syns off because any remaining cheese would be included in the remainder of the syns but if there was only 30g of low fat cheese on the pizza and you take away 6 syns you are taking syns away from the rest of the ingredients which are not a Hex iykwim Depends on how strict you are :D if you are only do it occasionally dont think it matters but if it was very frequent it could effect your losses

Thanks Deb :) It's a hard one isn't it?! This is the first time I have had pizza 'on-plan' the whole time I have been doing SW. It's not something I would do often, but it would be nice to have occasionally. I really, really miss pizza :eek:
Just got the box and the ingredients say Low fat hard cheese (8%) and feta & Low fat cheese (5%) (59% of which is feta)
Doesn't help much does it?! :p

Thanks Deb :) It's a hard one isn't it?! This is the first time I have had pizza 'on-plan' the whole time I have been doing SW. It's not something I would do often, but it would be nice to have occasionally. I really, really miss pizza :eek:
Just got the box and the ingredients say Low fat hard cheese (8%) and feta & Low fat cheese (5%) (59% of which is feta)
Doesn't help much does it?! :p

Actually, it does help - your pizza weighed '200 odd grams' and the cheese is labelled as Low fat hard cheese 8% (=16g cheese) and 5% Feta & Low fat cheese (=10g cheese) = 26g (approx 1oz) cheese total. It's probably close enough for an occasional treat ;)

Awww, thank you Angie. I could not have been bothered to work that out :eek:
I checked the pizza weight and it was 209g. There really wasn't much cheese on it, but enough if I'm honest-if that makes sense? I feel super naughty counting a Hex towards it, but I have two left over for the day anyway and I'm not going to be doing this every week *whistles*

Have you seen Vixxsters thread on making a sw pizza ( a proper one, not one made with cobs/smash etc!)

Back