counting syns...which way do you do yours?

Violetwind

Determined
This week Im trying counting down to 0 cos my weekends are so bad :-( I've 75 left to Weds which hopefully will see me cos Im usually an angel during the week. Never tried this way before and i feel a bit more in control. (Easy to say when i haven't run out yet(
So how do you count yours?

I have some syns every day but not worried if I use all 105 for the week. If I do then fine if not oh well. So far I went over by 4 or 5 syns 1 week.

I use up to 15 daily. Tempted to try weekly, but not sure if I'm disciplined enough if I run out.

i count mine daily, we dont usually use that many, started to use them for sweet snacks like pink n whites,rainbow drops and mini milk ice lollies

I did my first weekly syns this week (after falling off the wagon post upsetting WI). Never again!

I usually say 15 max a day and aim to come in about 8-10 and then when it gets to sunday night i might top up to 105 if i really want something. Tuesday I devoured chocolate but counted syns and ended up at 35 so figured I'd switch to weekly. I now have 2.5 left for the next 2 days - soooo hard! No sauce with my SW chips, no nibble of choc, nothing. Never again, I'm sticking to my 15 a day!! X

See I reckon I need to have 0 syns left to stop me over using. If it works this week I may reduce the total to 70 for the week. Really want to be successful this time.

First week I did 15 a day. Then I started to have things to do, things that I knew I'd want to drink for, or meals out etc., so since then I've been mainly doing it weekly. To compromise between saving syns and still being on plan, my second week I did 5 syns monday-friday which still left me with lots to have at the weekend (didn't even need to use them all in the end) but was still on plan technically by having at least 5 a day.

I do weekly syns coz I like a drink and curry on the weekend. My weigh in is on a mon though so really it's a matter of lowering during the week so I can have a 'normal' weekend and not feel guilty so haven't experienced running out yet.
I know though that the first 2 weeks I did it I went over by 8 and 3 syns respectively and still lost weight so I think if I did run out and wanted a bit of sauce or whatever I'd risk it. After all, it's only 40 calories.

I have only been doing SW for 3 weeks now and im on EE.

I have have had around 10 syns a day and saved the 5 to make 35 syns for a weekly treat, I love to have a take away or go out for a meal - this suits me just fine and its been working so far :)

I have done weekly and its better because during the week i just dont want all my syns so i feel more in control to use them when i really need them with friends and family at the weekends :)

I do weekly as im a bit of a social butterfly and rarely have a weekend in! So all week im as saintly as can be which means come the weekend I can have a few drinks and not be overly worried about it, seems to be working for me so far as ive lost 8.5lbs in 4 weeks.

This is interesting to see it works because my consultant is very strict on this saying it is not how the plan works. Maybe I will try it and not tell her!

I allow myself the full15 syns a day but at the beginning of the day I have the intention of not using them all. If I do, I do and if I don't well that's even better. At the end of that day I don't carry them over, I start again the next day with my new 15 syns. I know that I will have some over by the end of the week but it allows me an emergency fund if I feel really desperate :)

this is interesting to read I try not to have any syns and literally have a tsp marg on my toast and sqrt mayo light with dinner I find when I have m y syns my loss isnt great :( but weekly counting would work for me... we do however have TREAT night after WI and whoever loses the most out of me and hub buys the takeaway of choice normally kebabs and chips..and anything I have been craving that week either choc or crisps then tues morning straight back ot plan altho I must say I have chicken shish no mayo dont eat all the chips and leave the bread as its too much now lol and always feel guilty xx

I weigh in on mondays and count syns from Monday to Sunday. I try and stick to daily then whatever I have left from each day that I havent used by end of work Friday, I add to my weekend allowance so I can go over my usual daily amount without worrying. I've been on plan for 4 weeks tomorrow and so far lost 5lbs, hoping for my half stone award tomorrow. Not huge losses I know but I havent got loads to lose so I'm happy with slow and steady. I think allowing myself indulgent weekends and still losing a little each week means I'm much more likely to be disciplined when I reach target!

I just limit myself to 3 per day max and count them daily, then on the Friday i have what i like to call a 'treat day', i can eat whatever i want but limiting how much of it i eat. Usually involves just eating a pizza or chicken curry and a bit of chocolate - plus either a bacon sandwhich or bowl of coco pops :p

I'm still losing 3-5lbs per week, so it's all good.

I just limit myself to 3 per day max and count them daily, then on the Friday i have what i like to call a 'treat day', i can eat whatever i want but limiting how much of it i eat. Usually involves just eating a pizza or chicken curry and a bit of chocolate - plus either a bacon sandwhich or bowl of coco pops :p

I'm still losing 3-5lbs per week, so it's all good.

Nick what do you have for 3 syns a day? I find that you dont really get much for your 3 syns?!

Back