counting syns...which way do you do yours?

I do the weekly 105. Monday to thursday I will only have 3 or 4 syns a day, usually within a meal such as a bit of grated cheese, chorizo, meat that has a bit of fat in it etc. Then friday to sunday I tend to splurge- i've had 71 syns since friday, but i'm not worried as those 34 syns will easily see me to weigh in on thursday :)

Don't see the point in using my 15 a day as I don't really have choc or anything, would much prefer a bottle of wine on a saturday!

I count mine daily - but then tot them all up at the end of the week, If I'm having a night out I might use the 'left over syns' for my vodka's! Consultant says it doesnt work like that but I dont actually drink all that often so I dont think it does any harm to do it that way!
I start each day with the intention of having as few syns as possible - none at all if I can help it but as the day goes on I seem to see syns creeping in on my food diary!

I count mine daily - but then tot them all up at the end of the week, If I'm having a night out I might use the 'left over syns' for my vodka's! Consultant says it doesnt work like that but I dont actually drink all that often so I dont think it does any harm to do it that way!
I start each day with the intention of having as few syns as possible - none at all if I can help it but as the day goes on I seem to see syns creeping in on my food diary!

I dont see the harm in this method at all Pink! I do pretty much the same thing and my consultant advised me to do it that way! Ive been losing weight as im sure you have so who cares aye :) we all need a few vodkas haha

i do mine daily tend to go anywhere from 4-15 altho i think i have only done the full 15 maybe once or twice in the past 5 weeks lol working so far but if it stops may try weekly :)

Nick what do you have for 3 syns a day? I find that you dont really get much for your 3 syns?!

Sorry for the late reply! I tend to have myself an Options Hot Chocolate, New York Style Cheesecake Mullerlight and/or maybe a few Haribo or something, nothing too exciting i'm afraid :D

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply! I tend to have myself an Options Hot Chocolate, New York Style Cheesecake Mullerlight and/or maybe a few Haribo or something, nothing too exciting i'm afraid :D

You are doing well though Nick so if it's working for you stick to it :)

My C never said we had 105 to use over a week, I was always advised they're to use each day. I know from here that it can be however we want. I*use mine day to day as I prefer that. I try to have 10-15 a day & if I have less than 15 one day I won't have more than 15 the next to even it out.

Different things work for different people. If counting down helps you do that, but make sure you allow enough for the weekends if that's when you tend to use more, you don't want to end up with none left !

I use mine daily and stick to that, and if i am going out in the evening i will use minimum syns during th day and use the old one meal won't hurt principle on in the case of tomorrow am going out for drinks with my friend tomorrow night, so I will have free meals all day, then just not worry for the evening, will drink diet coke and spirits but not a big drinker anyway.

Back