Extra Easy Course polenta - free or synned?

I have loads to use but decided against making the muffins as they haven't had great reviews I see.....

I'm going to use stock, spices and onions to make it and then bake in the oven.

Is it free or synned????

Thanx
R.E.M

Ready made polenta is free, you can find it in the pasta aisle of most supermarkets, cheap as chips.

The powder or coarse grain stuff, I dunno. The debate rumbles on.

Muffins = gack tho.

Is polenta sweet or savoury?? Or both?!

As a previous poster has said, ready made polenta is syn free.

The debate around ground polenta, or cornmeal, comes because the syn bible says it is syn free but when used as a flour, it has a syn value.

So what constitutes using it as a flour? That's the 64 million dollar question that we haven't had a definitive answer to.

For your recipe I would say it is syn free. You are using the polenta for the purpose that was intended. There is a recipe in one of SW books for cornbread which also takes it as syn free. Again that is using polenta as intended.

Where you use the cornmeal to make muffins then that I think is technically using it for a different purpose, and it becomes synnable. That said, personally my view is that as long as you're not having them every day and you continue to lose weight, then go ahead and enjoy the muffins. And as others have said, a polenta muffin has to be better than a full-fat muffin.

Polenta, whole grain, 28g raw is 5 on orginial and green
Polenta, whole grain, ready to use, 28g cooked 1 on green and orginal
this comes from online syns

Well that must be a recent change! I guess there's the answer to polenta muffin question then :D Darn, cos I like that cornbread recipe as well!

Back