cous cous ideas?

*pinkprincess*

does anyone know how many points is in a tsp or even tbspn of sacla classic basil pesto? i usually like to roast some red and yellow peppers, add some red onion, and cherry tomatoes, then add to some cous cous with a small amount of pesto stirred through, and a bit of lemon juice for a bit of a mediteranian dish. if not can anyone suggest any other kind of sauce to add to it? i love pesto, ive tried making ti from scratch before but nothing comes close to my beloved sacla lol!

just thought i would bump this up in case anyone can helpp me out?

Hi
I managed to find out the nutritional infomation for 100g of Sacla classic pesto

Energy 438kcal, Fat 44.3g (of which saturates 6.5g) which I work out to 8 points. I would think a tablespoon would be about 25g or less so about 2 points? Hope this helps.

I love pesto too it adds such a lovely flavour to things.

thank you hun! i could work out what 100g was, but i couldnt work out how much a tbsp would weigh!
oh god, i lurve pesto...yum!! now i know i can have it yes!!!

its especially nice spead onto a toasted muffin, with mozzerella melted ontop-or mixed with plain pasta.......drooooooool!!!

It may be lower than 25g because apparently a tablespoon of butter is about 15g ish.
I wish companies were more realistic with their portion sizes and info. I've lost count of the number of times I have read the nutritional info and it only tells you 100g but doesn't tell you how much each portion weighs so you have to weigh everything and then do complicated mathmatical equations to find out how many points things are. It's worse here in South Africa as we seem to be about 30years behind the UK in terms of letting people know what is in the food they are eating, so I get many products with no info at all and have to try and find info on the web, which is not convenient for making quick choices.

really?! thats bad-especially if your following weight watchers!

i think i will stick to 2points to be on the safe side!
and yeah who would eat 100g of it to themselves?!!

Back