Cowboy10uks diary (fresh start 2016.)

Hi all, well latest update. Sadly it's not a good one, it was going so well, then for some reason and I'll be damned if I know why, last week I put ON 2.5lbs. Sticking me back up to 16st 5lbs. Why this happened I have no idea, didn't change my diet, was good all week, yet the weight came on. :(

Anyhow this week, I will freely admit to being fed up and not in the right frame of mind. While I have been cooking and eating slimming world meals at home, I've also fallen off the wagon several times at work. So more than likely I've done even more damage, if I walk away from the scales with less than 3 lbs on tomorrow, I'll be happy.

So I guess yes this weeks not gone great. However it has given me the time to get my head back where it needs to be.

So I don't care what the scales say tomorrow, Stayed the same ( more chance of winning lottery ) or put on it dosnt matter, all that matters is Fri is a new week, and ok I didn't make my target of being below 16st by end of last month, but hey I'm still slimmer than I've been since 1997. :)

My new jeans are now too big, and just gave my boss a heart attack by ordering a complete set of new uniform. 40" trousers, 17" shirts are L jackets, not XXXL, not XXL but L. May not mean much to most of you, but for me, that's a size I never thought I would get into again. :D

Anyway, here's to a new start. A new me, a new life.

Cowboy10uk

aw sorry for ur unexpected gain:( but glad ur head is in the right place to get back to it now!
good luck for WI tomorrow, and make sure ur back on plan TODAY!! dont wait for tomorrow :)
congrats on the baggy jeans and smaller uniform too! i have no concept of mens sizes at all lol but u seem chuffed to pieces so i assume its a good thing and am mega pleased for u! :)

i been doing well with teh exercise got myself a dog last week so been extra 2 hour walks a day and also started the couch to 5k running thing...i would never in a million years think that i would be running of my own free will..but actually quite enjoying it!! :eek:

best ofluck for this week! u know u can do it, u have done brilliantly so far, so no excuses ;) x

Hi all, ok been a few weeks and two weigh ins since I updated on here, sorry bout that. Damn real life getting in the way. Anyway after the unexpected rise in my weight, I pretty much took a week off. I will admit I didn't do the plan, and I just wanted a break. So the question is just how much did I put on.

Well they say miracles don't happen, but obviously they do, as I LOST a pound and a half. How I no idea, maybe it was because I was relaxed and not worried. Anyway that gave me the boost I needed, and I stupidly told the group that I would be aiming for a 5lb loss for my next week, so I could get back on track.

Well that weigh in was yesterday. 100% on the plan all week and yep you guessed it 5lb off. :) so I'm now below 16st at 15st 12.5lb and another slimmer of the week award. I'm so close to that 4st award I can taste it.

So next week the aim is to get that 4st award, I may have told the group I'm gonna go for another 5lb, but since I'm on nights next week and normally my weight loss slows down on nights I may be pushing that. But hey who knows.

Hooe everyone else has had great losses as well. Good luck for next week.

Cowboy10uk

Well another week and another weight loss. Managed 1.5lbs off, ok while it didn't quite get me the 4st I was after, I'm still pretty happy with it, considering I was on nights. My weight loss always slows down on nights for some reason. Working next week, so no official weigh in, till October, which hopefully will put me past that 4st mark. Then there will only be 2.5st left to go. While the chances of hitting the target before Xmas are slim, I certainly should be there before March next year, and well within the time frame of October that I set myself. :) happy days.

hope the rest of you are doing as well, if not, well don't give up, you can all do it, even if you stay the same or loss a little, it is still going in the right direction. Plus we are all lighter than when we began, so we are still better off. :)

till October

Cowboy10uk

Hi there, sorry I've not been on for a while, 2 week holiday and then been working non stop since then, so not actully been to SW for a month.

I have however been following the plan, well at least for the last fortnight. Had a great holiday and to be honest, forgot about the plan and just enjoyed myself. Ended up eating way to much Victoria sponge, those coffee shops are just to good to resist. Not to mention quite few drops of Ale. :)

When I weighed myself at home I found the damage was 7lbs, which all in all wasn't a bad price to pay. Thoughly enjoyed myself and don't regret it one bit. Since then I've been trying to get back towards that illusive 4st award, so been really going hard on the plan, restricted myself to 6 syns a day and the rest free food. Although my Dads birthday last weekend didn't really help, ah well.

Anyway tomorrow is my first official weigh in after the holiday, and I'm hoping I will have made that damn 4st award, only missed it by .5lb last weigh in. :(

Certainly it looks close by the scales at home, and I think I've managed to lose the 7lbs I put on. But it's the weigh in tomorrow that counts.

nervious ummmm well yep just a little.

congrats Loolahoop on your 3st award, really impressed and i see you're almost at target. Fingers crossed you will hit it very soon.

My target at mo is 13st although I'm starting to think that may be a little low for me, and that I may be better at 14st. Don't get me wrong I'm not getting disheartened or fed up, quite the opposite, I've never felt so good about myself and can't remember the last time I was so slim. So why chase a number. 14 st is still in my healthy BMI Just near the top instead of the middle of the range.

Anyway, I'll let you all know what happens tomorrow. Damn I hope it's bloody 4 st, it feels like I've been stuck between 16 and 15.9 or months and months.

Cowboy10uk

Hi all, well I said I would let u know, what the weigh in said, as you all know, I put 7lbs on while on holiday.

Since then I have been working towards the plan as well as I could yet was still quite nervous getting weighed for the first time since my hols yesterday.

Luckly I didn't need to be, at last I finally passed that damn 4st mark, as I've now lost 4st 4lbs, as the scales say I've lost 5lbs since my last official weigh in. Considering I put on 7lbs since then, I'm pretty bloody chuffed.

On nights this week so not expecting a Huge loss, if I can get 2lbs ill be more than happy.

Hope the rest of you are having good losses as well

ill update again soon

Cowboy10uk

Hi all, just got weighed last night and the latest result is another 3lbs off. Which considering I've been on nights I'm am really chuffed with. That also gave me my 4.5st award. :)

happy days, slowly getting there, next week should hopefully be a good loss as well, since nothing to ruin it, that I know off. So 100% next week hoping to lose at least 3lbs, which will put me at the top end of 14st, damn the last time I was 14 something, I think I was 14 :)

hope everyone else is doing well.

Update next week.

Cowboy10uk

Well, the latest update, I see on my last post, I said this should also be a good loss as nothing to spoil it. Ummmmmm not quite. For some reason I stayed the same, so at least it's not a gain I guess. Not sure why, but can only think it was because I didn't really do the plan right and have set meals. I was working quite a it and only having an apple here or there and one meal a day. So I think my body went into starvation mode. Never mind though, these things are sent o try us right.

Making a real effort to stay on plan this week, will find out the results in 2 days. I feel slimmer, and when I weigh myself at home when I get up, it's showing under 15st but of course, I need clothes on and it's at night when I get weighed at SW, so that will add a few pounds to the scale. Will I get under 15st on Thurs, who knows. But as I'm happy and content with myself at the moment, and I just had to buy a new suit for my works do, ( slim fit no less ) then I'm not really bothered. Life has never been better and I've never been fitter than right now.

Cowboy10uk

Well guys, just to let you know I'm back.

Quick update, I did manage to hit my goal weight of 14st 2lbs a Loss of 5st 5lbs in March 2013, However there was a side effect in Losing the weight I didn't consider.

I ended up a father to a beautiful baby girl, after trying for years with the weight on, so damn that was a surprise. :D

I continued Slimming World until Nov 2014, when sadly I had to leave SW due to other members complaining that my daughter was brought along, which as we had no one to babysit, made it impossible to continue. :(

Anyway fast forward to today, I discovered that the hardest part of the SW journey is keeping the damn weight off, and in the time since I stopped going to SW, my weight has creeped back up to 17st 7lbs.

Well enough is enough, and it's time to get back on plan, sadly this time will be more difficult due to the babysitting situation, which obviously means going to class isn't an option, so I'm gonna be doing this at home.

I would love to be back at Target weight by Oct 2018, when we have a family holiday planned.

If anyone's interested, I'm gonna start the blog again, as a weekly post on Fridays ( weigh in will be Thurs to match wife's ) mainly for my own head. If anyone reads it, then it's a bonus. ;)

So then.

I guess, let's do this.

Cowboy10uk

Last edited:
Hi guys, OK a few days late, but hey close enough right. ;)

Well then how's this week gone, not bad but I'm sure could have been better, unfortunately like an idiot, I chose the week I was working nights to start back up on the diet. :O

I'm sure anyone who works nights can tell you, it really really messes with your eating patterns and you find yourself craving salty or sweet food ( basically anything bad ) at around 2 - 3 am when your body is desperately trying to keep going.

Well this week was no different, although I managed to resist until Friday night, mainly thanks to a long job that kept me busy and unable to eat on Thursday, and then sadly a large bag of sensations sweet chilli crisps may have been shared between my partner and myself. :(

Anyway apart from that slight fall, I think I managed to cope with nights fairly well, and hopefully it will have a positive effect.

As I said in the last post, my plan is to weigh on Thursdays so I match up with my wife's official weigh in day just to make things easier, which means as I had only been on plan 3 days before weigh in, I haven't bothered to weigh this week.

My first weigh in will be next Thurs. aiming for 2 or 2.5 lbs, anything else would be a huge bonus.

For those who are interested, which quite likely won't be many, I'm posting my food dairy everyday here, https://www.minimins.com/threads/cowboy10uks-food-diary.355929/ and of course any advice on it would be greatfully recieved.

That's all folks! Until next week it's back to potty training a toddler and spending my 1 weekend off with my beautiful family

Cowboy10uk

Well then my first weigh in after starting 9 days ago, and I've lost 5lb. Which is a great start, a tad hard getting back into it, due to working nights last week and then the station was being renovated at work, and they had removed the kitchen.

Luckily everything is back to normal now and I can crack on, only 2 days left until a 2 week holiday, however as we are spending most of it with family members. I'm hoping it will be easy to keep to plan, just got to stay away from those Cornish pasties. :)

The main issue was trying to find out what Syns worked for me again, I did mess about with the new Syns allowance for men, but honestly don't think it's for me, seems to be way way too many Syns, so I'm gonna go back to a max of 15, and gonna try and keep around the 10 Syn mark and see how that goes.

So that's it, next blog next week. I hope all goes well for everyone this week. See you all soon

Cowboy10uk

Back