Crap!

-Tally-

Silver Member
Had a crap few days...finding it really hard to stay on track and finding myself thinking about grub all the time.

Have resisted temptation all week but just weighed myself and I'm +5lbs since Sunday whilst being 100% on plan...so that's a 6lb gain including my 1+ on my Sunday weigh in. I know weight fluctuates but that much?!
So I gave in, had 4 alpen light bars and a huge bowl of weetabix minis. Could have been worse I suppose.

I need to get this out of my head and think positively but for some reason, even the smallest gain gets to me and I think "what's the point". Am good at dishing out the advice but not so good at taking it myself.

I reeeeeally don't want to go off plan but feel like I'm teetering on the edge of my "slippery slope". Talk me down!

Are your stats up to date on the side panel? Cos if they are then you are only about 1.5 lb off your 10% award!!!!! (I think!)

Ok - I know we should never say "only" but hey!! if that can't motivate you then you really got problems hun! ;)

Seriously though - with that in mind, why not try having a couple of days where you eat as many superspeed foods as you can. Lots of veg based meals and fruit based deserts, eat more fish, eat as many cardboard pieces (scanbran ;)) as you can stomach, drink lots of water or try a (supposed) detoxing drink like green tea or even just make one yourself with half a dozen chopped up lemons with boiling water poured over them and sweetener added.

If that sounds too much like hard work then try to set aside a few hours to do some batch cooking and get them into the freezer - casseroles and any deserts that can be frozen so you'll avoid temptation. Not sure how many you cook for in your house so I apologise if its not practical for you to do that but come on hun, its only 1.5 lbs and if you really put your mind to it you know the plan works so its achieveable.

And then of course when you've reached that mini-goal, there's the non-food treat you have to indulge in to reward yourself for all your saintly hard work. ;)

Aww Missus :( Sorry to read you are having a tough time. Please don't be so hard on yourself. It must be a stressful time at the moment waiting for your kitchen to be ripped out and your routine upset.

You have been doing too well to chuck it away now. Please read your Marilyn quote and promise to have a better day tomorrow :) x

Just gave away my other two boxes of cereal bars to the BF, lol. Also done a quick online shop and stocked up on fresh fruit and veg, gonna try a week with less potatoes and beans and see how I get on. I'm down but not out! Plus I just got out my "day 1 pictures" and they're not good, not going back there again! Gonna have a nose in the recipe forum now and get some ideas for my batch cooking over the weekend, need to stock up for "Kitchen Week" next week :s

Any ideas what to do with aubergines, courgettes and peppers? Maybe something with rice?

Hi aubergine crisps are nice slice it lay it on a tray with frylite and paprika and a sprinkle of salt careful they do quite quick though.

Weight does fluctuate that much - honestly - don't take the result on your home scales to mean anything because it can vary wildly (depending on lots of things such as where you place the scales etc) only the reading on the official scales counts.

Lets look at it another way, you have to eat an extra 3,500 calories to put on a pound (and that is on top of the amount you have to eat daily just to maintain your current weight) - 3,500 x 5 is 17,500 calories..how can you have eaten that much EXTRA if you have been 100% on plan?

Simple - you can't, therefore the reading on the scales is false.

Please, stop worrying and go back to what you were doing before, it WILL work out.

This has happened to me too..I've stood on the scales and been almost back to where I have started at, and certainly my weightloss RARELY shows on my home scales and NEVER before weigh in day..only shows up when I get on those proffesional scales..strange but true.

You sound just like me. I struggle to follow my own advice but you really need to 'step away from the scales'!

It's so demotivating seeing what they say and they can really affect how well you're doing if you think all your hard work isn't paying off. Weigh day, when you get weighed for real is the only true number that matters.
Good luck. x

Sorry to hear your having a rough time,don't be hard on yourself you've had a hetic time with all the work being done and awaiting your new kitchen.You have done so well so far, stay strong.x

Thanks guys. It's not just what the scales say, I feel it too...feel bloated, skin is tight. So it could be that rather than actual "weight". My scales are my "official" scales though, don't go to class, so we'll see what they say on Sunday before I start over reacting, lol.

The moussaka looks quite nice, found a recipe on Sainsburys for ratatouille too.

Hi there

I don't know if it would help you but I have teeny tiny goals -I don't think Im ever more than 4lbs away from my next goal :p

so for instance:-
my next goal is 2.5lbs away to take me to 8st 7lbs lost,
then its another 4lbs to take me to a nice even 14st 7lbs,
then its another 3lbs to take me to a nice even 200lbs
then its just 0.5lb to break through the 200lb barrier

this goes on all the way to target :p -it really helps as it means I start each week knowing that I have a goal in sight -even if it takes me 3 or 4 weeks to get the "bigger ones" ;), I seem to feel like I start each Sunday like its my first week rather than them all just rolling into one long stretch and I sit down and plan out my meals for the week so I know I have lots of lovely dishes to look forward too -it saves boredom setting in too!!

Hope the scales are kind to you on Sunday :vibes:

so for instance:-
my next goal is 2.5lbs away to take me to 8st 7lbs lost,
then its another 4lbs to take me to a nice even 14st 7lbs,
then its another 3lbs to take me to a nice even 200lbs
then its just 0.5lb to break through the 200lb barrier

What a great way of thinking....

What a great way of thinking....

Thankyou :D
I think at the start if I had really thought about having about 13st to lose :sigh:I may well have fallen face first into the fridge :p- Im 8st 4.5lbs lighter now and I can see the end so its not so bad, but I still think the same way as no doubt the losses will slow the closer I get ;)

Thanks Capricorn, that could definitely work for me. I've been doing it a little bit, aiming to lose a dress size and then my club 10, my next is my 3 stone award so will think up some more bits to encourage me. Have just bought some jeans that are 3 sizes too small, I have them in every size now so I can see how I progress.

I think what really helped was looking at my 1st day photograph. I got my daughter to take a full length head on a side pic of me on day 1. Even though 3 stone isn't much at my size, I can definitely see a difference and don't want to go back to that, so am focused today and will take it in baby steps instead of expecting big losses and "perfection" 24/7.

Any ideas what to do with aubergines, courgettes and peppers? Maybe something with rice?

Have them with some cherry tomatoes, onions and mushrooms - cut up chunky with some whole garlic cloves and some basil, ground salt & pepper. Spray with frylite and bake in medium heat oven for about 20-30 mins. Roast mediteranean (sp) vegetables. Just add some spiced up meat or fish and your rice.

Also makes a delicious change from the usual "english" veg with any meat & potato dish.

You can also fry them all up and throw in a tin of chopped tomatoes or passata and use as a pasta sauce.

Frylite some meat - any kind - add the veg and passata for a tomato based casserole.

Last edited:
Spotty Teapot said:
Weight does fluctuate that much - honestly - don't take the result on your home scales to mean anything because it can vary wildly (depending on lots of things such as where you place the scales etc) only the reading on the official scales counts.

Lets look at it another way, you have to eat an extra 3,500 calories to put on a pound (and that is on top of the amount you have to eat daily just to maintain your current weight) - 3,500 x 5 is 17,500 calories..how can you have eaten that much EXTRA if you have been 100% on plan?

Simple - you can't, therefore the reading on the scales is false.

Please, stop worrying and go back to what you were doing before, it WILL work out.

This has happened to me too..I've stood on the scales and been almost back to where I have started at, and certainly my weightloss RARELY shows on my home scales and NEVER before weigh in day..only shows up when I get on those proffesional scales..strange but true.

Is it as much as 3,500 to put on a lb? Thought I saw somewhere else here it was 1,500? Either way I'm showing a 0.75lb gain and there's no way I've ate that many calories this week grrrr lol

Good luck Missus, one itty bitty step at a time...

Hi :)

yes, it is 3,500 calories to put on a lb, which is a lot, which is why I believe the OP's reading is false and most likely down to water retention or something, and I am very sure yours will be too..as you say you know when you've eaten that much extra or not.

God bless x

Spotty Teapot said:
Hi :)

yes, it is 3,500 calories to put on a lb, which is a lot, which is why I believe the OP's reading is false and most likely down to water retention or something, and I am very sure yours will be too..as you say you know when you've eaten that much extra or not.

God bless x

U too spotty :)

This happened to me last nite. Had weigh in on mon and was 15 st 2lb. Was well chuffed as lost 3lbs! Weighed myself last nite after getting a cold and drinking lots of water due to feeling dehydrated- and weighed in at 15 st 7lb!! Only 4 days after weigh in! I even weighed myself twice just to make sure scales weren't playing up, as they're always same as sw ones.

So- coz I was feeling under weather and depressed about monumental gain - ate lots of thorntons chocolates coz I thought - sod it!

Weighed in this morning and now only showing 1lb gain..... Just shows that weighing at different times of day and eating/drinking different to normal can make weight fluctuate loads!

So, in summary, after my ramblings, don't get hung up on ur daily weigh ins- take it week by week. Our consultant says to measure ur losses over 2 week or 4 week chunks as because of monthly factors, there can be huge fluctuations, that we have no control of!!!!!

I am back on it this morning- same as you- gonna have lots of fruit and veg to fight this stinking cold!

Just had chocolate weetabix with banana and milk and was in heaven- that's my new favourite breakfast- think it's only a couple of syns if use weetabix as HE B and milk as HE A. Just extra syns for chocolateyness!

I tried again this morning and had lost 9lbs! 4lbs down from last weeks weight plus mid week bloat, so the bloat must have been water...either that or it's another false reading, haha! Gonna stick to Sunday weigh in's from now on, the stress of this week because of those stupid scales! Although with a result like todays I should perhaps swap to Saturday weigh in's, knowing this weird week, I'll have put on 5lbs by tomorrow! :p

Back