Craving a kebab?

jimfdowning

Drove past our local kebab house earlier and decided to satisfy my craving with a propoint one :)

Bernard Mathew tikka turkey breast peices are on offer @ Sainsburys 100gms for £1.00 so got a couple.

Half a packs enough with a grilled pitta add plenty of baby tomatoes, sliced onion and cucumber.

Then smoother in Franks chilli sauce and jalepenos.

Must say I realy enjoyed it :)

Turkey half pack 1.5 points
Pitta 7 points
Tomatoes 0 points
Onion 0 points
Jalepenos 0 points
Chili sauce 0 points

Thats brilliant thinking, well done on that :) Much healthier too :D

Or you could make a home made one they are lovely you would have to work out points but won't be to much and they takes the same

Here's the recipe I used extra lean beef mince and left out the flour

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon plain flour
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
500g/1.1 lb lamb mince

Method:
Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180C/350F

In a large bowl, combine the plain flour, dried oregano, dried Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.

Add the lamb mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Take out all of your aggression on the kebab mixture, punching and kneading until no air pockets remain and the kebab meat is extremely smooth.

Shape the seasoned mince into a loaf and place on a baking tray.

Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour 20 minutes, turning the loaf half way through the cooking time to ensure even browning.

Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.

Slice the donor kebab as thinly as possible and serve with pitta, salad and sauces!!!

Or you could make a home made one they are lovely you would have to work out points but won't be to much and they takes the same

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon plain flour
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
500g/1.1 lb lamb mince

Method:

In a large bowl, combine the plain flour, dried oregano, dried Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.

Add the lamb mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Take out all of your aggression on the kebab mixture, punching and kneading until no air pockets remain and the kebab meat is extremely smooth.

Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour 20 minutes, turning the loaf half way through the cooking time to ensure even browning.

Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.

Slice the donor kebab as thinly as possible and serve with pitta, salad and sauces!!!

I will be trying that :D

both recipes sound lovely :) i bought the ww pittas today they are only 3pp each!! :) and on offer for 50p just now in ASDA

A quick trip to Asda then this morning non nom :)

Looks like I got the Sainburys pitta pp wrong, did it for 100gms.

There actually 4 points not 7 one more then the ww ones.

The doner recipe posted by baby belle is a popular one whilst i was on slimming world. its very good and smells and tastes very close to the real thing. bit of advice...ive made this a few times and the more you beat it to get the air out of the mixture the better and more authentic it will taste. just kick its arse jackie chan stylee and you cant go wrong!!!!

Ingredients:
1 teaspoon plain flour
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
500g/1.1 lb lamb mince

Method:

umm i feel hungry nw! how many pp?

7 points for a pitta bread? What are they giant? Ww pitta are 3pp each x

jimfdowning said:
Yeah I know pointed it as 100gms lol
I did mention it earlier in the thread...

Normal white pittas are 4 pp lol :D

Ahhhhh my mistake. Sorry :S

Back