craving.

dee6677

invert keeper
:cry: i am craving food.
all kinds of food.
i want fresh veg and meat and junk
and basically anything i can eat.
even stuff i wouldnt normally touch looks
very good to me. i cant get over this, its been going on for days. i really do think
that i 'Have to eat' but really its because i
know i cant.
why is it getting harder now.:cry::cry:

I think you should just have a treat and you won't feel like 'pigging out' then. I was like that last week, I only started slimming world Tuesday but Monday morning I woke up and thought I am going to do this! I am having a cadbury cream egg tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it! Yummy!!!! :)

I think you should just have a treat and you won't feel like 'pigging out' then. I was like that last week, I only started slimming world Tuesday but Monday morning I woke up and thought I am going to do this! I am having a cadbury cream egg tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it! Yummy!!!! :)

treats and the cd dont go together well at all whereas they can easily be merged with the sw diet.
with cd one treat = a few days of hell getting back into ketosis..... just not worth it.

cherylxx said:
treats and the cd dont go together well at all whereas they can easily be merged with the sw diet.
with cd one treat = a few days of hell getting back into ketosis..... just not worth it.

Exactly Cheryl
We have to approach CD in a totally different way. That's exactly the reason I failed at SW/WW as a treat turned into a week where I'd avoid a weigh in which turned into two weeks and then just wouldn't go back.

CD is fantastic in that you deal differently with treats. It's a learning curve and treats can take the form of non food items. I still struggle getting my head round non food treats so I do actually have a food treat- a cappuccino on a weekend. Just the one, makes me feel complete and warm inside. Lovely!!

Dee - I know how you feel - ended up having a binge the other night on absolute rubbish stuff that I don't even like (tin of cold baked beans and a mini packet of frosties anyone??) and it was like the floodgates of food hell had opened.
I think there are physical cravings associated with CD, after all our bodies weren't built to live on stuff that comes out of packets and tetras. Equally though there are a lot of cravings that come from our emotions - I consider myself to be a food addict and effectively I'm going cold turkey on CD (mmm turkey... :eek:). Therefore my body and mind are bound to go a bit doolally. Add into that the emotional reasons why I eat - boredom, stress etc and the cravings start to make sense. They are a killer and the only cure for me is to keep busy (and possibly fit a lock to the kitchen door). They do pass and if you give in to them you'll regret it. Trust me on that one. :cry:

Back