Crazy life of Chilli

I was really sad the recent series of Grace and Frankie only had 4 episodes, I believe the next series is to be the last one :( I'm hoping they don't make it sad. I think it's revolutional to show people that they can begin again regardless of their age and have a 'life' They remade Darling buds of may?!

I'm not sure they should be remaking things. Follow ups from different perspectives maybe.

well I had my usual 2 shakes, 1 soup and a bar, currently around 2200ml's fluid.

I'm off to have a shower shortly and get my stuff together for work.

grateful that my elbow wasn't as painful today
grateful for music
grateful for drain unblocker chemicals... lol

24 days done, 57 to go! (29%)

DB of May - ITV, with Bradley Walsh. I like him usually, but IMHO all round awful casting (some inspid creature as Mariette...) - and they've changed the story all over the place, which begs the question - why bother?

Some remakes work well - All Creatures respects the earlier really good series - but this one's awful. Of course do please watch and make up your own mind, but viewing figures are pants so hopefully they won't make any more.

Rant over :). Ditto on being grateful for music - and hope your elbow gets better soon!

Like @ladyfelsham I agree with letting children come to their own conclusions. I have nursed several people over the years who's problems stem from their families disowning them because of their sexual preferences. I was brought up like your children and all that mattered did they treat me with respect and were they nice or not. This has seen me in good stead over the years.

it's so sad that people suffer because of it @purpleorc

I was brought up similar, but with a complication. My parents are christians, I call them 'proper' christians though as there's not an ounce of hypocrisy in them. When gay rights were becoming a thing, I remember my Dad saying something to the effect off that he didn't understand it, and that he didn't necessarily think those lifestyles were right BUT he stood by any individuals right to have equality and live as they choose, and that he would stand by anyone being denied it. Which I though was both authentic and tolerant.

When it came down to my niece a few years ago having a girlfriend - he reverted to the same idea. He said I don't understand it, but I don't need to, you're my grand daughter and I love you. Her girlfriend was instantly welcome in the whole family there was no difficulty at all.

I am so lucky with my family.

Well as usual I didn't sleep great at sleepover shift but it's my only shift this week so I can't complain haha.

Teeny bit of sewing today, then need to do the food shop. I've just topped up my reloadable asda card £200, and immediately got £6 added to my work perk balance. Money for nothing (and chicks for free 🎵 (sorry not sorry)) This is quite handy for budgeting as I will be doing shopping also at aldi (where I can't get a card) the £200 for asda should last all month, I'd hoped to use it for fuel budget too but not allowed to use it for fuel sadly. I'll likely have cash left on it in December, which I can put towards christmas food shopping :)

Today though, I'm popping to the other town, so I can use my tesco voucher I bought by accident last week. I don't go to the Aldi there, but might pop into home bargains and lidls. I'll need to make a list and see what I need first tho. Probably not much actually.

Also going to drop in on my friend and see how her daughter is doing (the one that had to go to A &E)

Then it will be home, take the pup somewhere for a walkie, then I NEED TO KICK MY BUTT into gear and make stuff. I'm thinking I'll rustle up some small gifts with teachers in mind.

I'm finding water so much easier since I thought of using a straw 🤣

Right better get a move on.

Back later :) have a lovely day everyone (I think I'm getting my aliveness back)

Good evening everybody.

Well I finished my sewing, visited my friend and did the food shop. I was a bit apprehensive about it because I've been getting click and collects for ages, and only top up shopped so I knew that exposing myself to the masses of options might be a problem, but I stayed focussed.

Came home, picked up son, made steak pie (ate a teeny bit) had a lovely fire as it was full moon last night (my friends who know about stuff tell me you can consider it 'new moon energy' 2 days before and after. I burned a finished morning pages journal, and some new intentions and I'm not long back in.

I obviously wasn't 100% today, I had my 4 packs, over 3litres fluid and a teeny bit of steak pie, and an options hot choc. probably still less that 900-950 cals tho. I was very close to eating more when I came in after my fire, I went as far as looking in the drawer of my sons snacks, which I rarely ever do! But I managed to give myself a shake, I'm tired not hungry. I managed not to eat anything else, and am watching ET lol. I love the retro feel of it, haven't watched it for years! Almost 40 years old now. I remember going to see it at the cinema when I was little and had some ET toys. I might have to look up other 80's movies lol.

Grateful for enough cash to buy everything we need
grateful for friends
grateful that I managed not to demolish my sons sweetie drawer.

25 days done, 56 to go. (31%)

morning all, I slept not too bad last night but I've woken up with a sore shoulder/neck so I'm hoping it eases off through the day.

No huge plans today, just chilling with my son and dog, I do need to pop to the chemist that's about it.

I plan to work on my laptop creating small cards for my teacher/small christmas gift line that I need to be putting out there soon, now really lol. I'm just going to do a few things, nothing crazy.

I'm thinking small make up bags, with fave teacher embroidered on the front, or hearts, filled with a hand cream and lip balm (avon) with a laminated card inside saying thank you, all for perhaps £7.50 (the lip balm and hand cream costs about £3) a smaller lip balm only version for perhaps £4, and I do these little paper Origami gift bags, filled with little handmade paper stars and a small crystal, with a thank you card too, I could do those for around £4.50 too.

Trying to just be small, affordable but a bit different to what else I see on offer locally.

Open to any thoughts...

In other news the scales showed 0.5lb's down this morning, hardly a whoosh yet. I'm way overdue a whoosh.

Ah well. Best go do some stuff! Back later.

other other news, I just stocked up on soups and also have bought some flapjacks and meal replacement cookies to try. I don't like the bars enough to buy more but thought it might be worth trying these other things.

I made £100 order, and got £40 off thru my work site and will still get extra cashback on it too. I've turned into a complete workperk geek... 🤣

With working in forensic psychiatry before I retired. I could not be judgemental. I came across all walks of people with their own sexual preferences. But also I nursed people who had committed serious crimes such as rape, murder, paedophiles, and arsonists. I could tell the patient I didn't like the crime but I had to treat the person with the utmost respect no matter what they may have done. many can't put their feeling aside regarding the crimes committed if this is the case forensic psychiatry isn't your bag.

your parents sound like wonderful people and a great environment to be brought up in. I have been lucky with my family and my hubby's family. They all rallied around when I was diagnosed with MS. When I moved home all I had to do was say which room I wanted it in and position. Plus be chief tea maker lol I was so wonderful they are so kind to me I really do appreciate my family they are wonderful people.

relatively uneventful day here, we chilled, I went to the chemist, I made up 2 sheets of cards on my laptop ready to be printed, ordered lipbalms and hand creams for my teacher gifts, watched xmen2 with my son, set up my painting stuff with a plan to start tomorrow...

had 2 shakes, a bar and a soup... and a pickled egg. I tried the thai noodles today as well but didn't like it so one in the bin and still have one left for the swap pile. I like the other pots but not enough to bother buying more.

grateful for my son
grateful for my laptop and art
grateful for my electric blanket 🤣

26 days done, 55 to go (32%)

morning lovely :)

I love the term "workperk geek". Heck if it saves you money in the long run - bonus :D My only work perk is I can count most gaming and pc stuff as expenses with my business ;) Still need to earn the money to buy them tho :rotflmao:.

being grateful for an electric blanket...my hot waterbottle has been busted out already making my bed all toastie :D Sorta love when it gets all cold when I can get out my blankets and hot water bottles (I may have a fair few to choose from - not addicted to buying them I SWEAR).

What kinda week you got coming up? I have son's 19th birthday. Very sadface I cant have cake with the rest of the family. I would have had some if it was just a off plan night but I don't think the diabetes works like that too 😂.

Aww @GLL if you think you can manage, you could have a more controlled night off. SMALL piece of cake and sticking to lower carb nibbles. I was stood in the chemist waiting yesterday eying up their hot water bottle stand because they've got long narrow ones! I really don't need them with my blanket tho. I also sometimes make wheat bags - the microwaveable ones? I don't sell them though as too scared of getting sued if someone burns themselves lol. SO I only make those for friends and family. I might make some small ones for inside gloves soon for my kids.

This week is going to be filled with dog walks, painting, printing and sewing I need to get a boost on with my craft. I have 2 sleepover shifts and need to fit in a visit to someone in hospital, and hopefully a visit to my parents. I guess it's going to be a busy week! It's about time I got back into my craft and painting though I've been putting it off too long. Tonight I'm meeting some friends and taking son to bonfire and fireworks :)

Two positives on this fine sunday morning - the sore shoulder/ neck from yesterday has gone, and my scales read another 1/2 down so that's 1 down since last monday. Still, very slow for a VLCD. Definitely lower than I hoped for - but I find it so easy! I know I'm some kind of weirdo but I quite like not having to think what to make for dinner or cook etc, although I'm obviously still feeding my kids. Still... I've lost 6lb's in 26 days. By my standards that's not too bad lol. I'm human I can't help wishing for more... but this is how it is for now. Forward motion is forward motion.

Sure I read somewhere else to think of it as packs of butter, 6lb's is approx 12 blocks of butter. That's quite a lot really.

Well today I'm going to get started with painting - my Mum asked me a while ago about making Xmas cards, and I've thought about it. If I make a range with say 4 designs that will take a lot of time to paint, and then on top of that I can't offer the bargain basement prices of the shops. So I've decided that I will do only one design - an Angel, and will make her available one year only. 10 cards for £12, I'll also make small laminated cards with the same image, and sell limited edition prints, then cut off the orders for her on 31st Jan. I may also sell the original. Then next year I'll do a different one. I'd like the angel painted by the end of the week, so I can print off little cards for the teacher gifts too.

Once I get going there's no stopping me... it's just the getting going that's the problem 🤣

for now I'm supping a choc delight made into a big shake. Pondering what design to put on the back on my little laminated cards.

Love the block of butter analogy, such a good way to visualise a loss!

Sounds like a pretty full week you've got planned there - plus lots of time for your crafts :).

since I'm so early on, I think I just need to pass on the cake until my blood sugars are managed rather than out of control. I have some sugar free wuthers so Ill have one of those and maybe make some sugar free jelly and have that with yogurt :)

Yay for the other half a pound. My brain says half a stone a month is reasonable for a diet. Not sure about VLCD numbers but if its working for you and your lifestyle then keep at it <3

Where do you sell your cards?

@GLL Most people lose more than 1stone in their first month and average 12lbs/month after - I'm way off that. However as I was already mostly eating lower carb before I started I probably didn't have the water weight to lose that most people do. I've been a bit less active than usual as well, and seem to have a pretty slow metabolism by all accounts.

I'll just be selling online on facebook or instagram (look for Dragonfly dreamseeker)

Have you read any of Michael Moselys stuff about T2 Diabetes?

thanks @ladyfelsham 6lbs is a lot, I guess I was just hoping for 2lbs per week (still low by VLCD standards) to get to 154 by around the beginning of next year. As my losses are EVEN LOWER than I expected It looks like it will take a lot longer. I don't know what I'll do long term but I'll stick with this for the moment. I don't think it helps to keep jumping plans quickly.

I've painted a background for my Angel, and am covered in teeny splatters of white paint lol

WOWZA. Lady of talent!!! liked your fb page and will keep an eye on what you have going on x

have ordered one of his books on ebay for £3.50 :D I'm always a little reserved when it comes to some diets that are new to me although it did say to check with healthcare team before starting anything so will read and talk to nurse at next visit if it is something I can manage to do.

I agree on the diet jumping, however, if it comes to the point of not suiting you or not really seeing any results then do what you gotta do.
I did Cambridge for 5 weeks or so at one point before I was like nope. Not for me lol.

I'm better usually with food based diet although even that doesn't come without its issues and things to work out.

WW for me is always my go to as I understand the plan, know what works for me and know I can sustain the lifestyle. This time with the restart, its the pesky other issues that have caused major disruptions. Not every diet fits with everyone and not everyone has the same timeframe to see the results.

I think for me right now while I still feel like a deer caught in the headlights, I just need to cut out what I've been told to cut out and try and fit it within my ww plan. Maybe when I am more confidant in managing it all, I can switch it up to loose the weight quicker which will benefit the type 2 and my bp for sure.

Cant wait to see your angel :D

thanks @GLL yes you're right I think all diets work for different people, and making too many changes at once can cause problems too. I think you're on the right track.

I'll post a piccy here when she's finished :)

I just had a fabulous evening. I spent time with my 2 longest serving besties at the bonfire and fireworks with my son. We haven't all been together at the same time for ages, and we all just fall straight back in. Bestie 1 is female and is seeing my brother, so he has become integrated into the team lol, and bestie 2 is male, and has been seeing a new lady for a few months, so tonight was the first time I met her, she's lovely too, my son adores her. I remember joking with male bestie that I'd be like a 5th wheel now, and he said not to worry, I was 'their' 5th wheel and they'd never leave me out. Bless em all.

Nights like these I am so much reminded of how lucky I am, I have so many great people around me, so ridiculously lucky.

I've just had my 4th pack, a bit later than usual, and I'm low on fluids at 2.6 litres as I didn't want to risk needing 47 pee's at the bonfire.

I've made a really good start on my Angel, I should finish her tomorrow I expect.

It's going to be a good week, I can feel it in my bones (that doesn't mean I'll lose any more weight mind you just that I'll be happy lol)

Grateful for having such wonderful friends.
Grateful to live in communities that make an effort to have a great bonfire and display.
Grateful that bestie and brother seem to be quite 'settled' I suspect and hope theirs is a relationship that may well work out.

27 days done, 54 to go (it's flying by to be honest, doesn't feel like 4 weeks at all)

Good morning, day 28 in the chilli exante house.

scales haven't moved so 1lb this week. I've lost about 0.5 inches on my waist though :)

so my 6lb's has lost me an inch each on hips and bust, and 2 inches off my waist. I guess that's not bad really, when you think of it. Also isn't the middle/waist where the most dangerous fat is stored? I might be wrong about that.

So, sons not long left for school. Plans at the moment are to chill for an hour, then house work for an hour. Then have a shake and a drink and another chill ... then walk the dog, then finish my painting and get a move on with some other creative stuff. Son will arrive home about 1545, but I'll work till 1630 on my craft. Then he has drama group so I go sit in the car and read my book, then I have my meditation group at night.

So, plenty to be getting on with 🤣

sounds like a busy day and awesome on the inches. And yes belly is the more dangerous fatty place as it tends to clog up organs and you end up with increased risk of diabetes...oh wait :rotflmao:

Gotta wait in for amazon for all my cables and install all those later when they arrive.

Just had a video call with my bro (he is in Australia) and got to pull faces at my 18 month niece (dawwww).

Need to go make brekkie so I can do my meds and then figure out what else needs done around here.
Son has a training session at 11 (government training scheme thing) so might see if he wants to go for a walk before that starts.

Enjoy your hours peace n quiet. I used to love that "kids just gone to school, house is quiet" time. Haven't had that for years but to be fair, they are old enough to sort themselves out now.

Mahoosive hugs, have an awesome day x

Back