Crazy life of Chilli

I am a bit of a home bird so not a hectic social life. I don't have the energy lol

well done on weight loss you have done very well. Even if you don't know where from lol

Try and have a little rest before nights if possible. First night on if the roughest in my opinion.
Yep always tired first night, but I always go in on no sleep, means I sleep well tomorrow and am usually quickly turned around to night mode!

Thanks guys, well I gave myself a big kick and got busy in the kitchen. I've got ratatouille in the slow cooker, I fried the onions and peppers first to add oil. I've thrown in a chilli and some vinegar and a spoon of sweetener cos I like to just chuck stuff in and see what happens. It's now busy in the slow cooker. The chicken has been boiled for stock and is cooling to be deboned and made into soup later. I've made 12 coconut flour muffins, 16 snickerdoodle biscuits - which are a BIT like shortbread altho not quite. 8 keto naans. The squash is in the oven now, and me and son are about to go pick up the shopping!

Attachments

• 20210402_130358.jpg
    20210402_130358.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • 20210402_130354.jpg
    20210402_130354.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • 20210402_130350.jpg
    20210402_130350.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
  • 20210402_130346.jpg
    20210402_130346.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
links to recipes for anyone who would like them

toooooodles.

What a lovely update. Good progress too. 2lbs a week is my target. It delivers 104lbs in a year. I think I'll have to be more mindful of added fat to do that. I've been free handed with it the last 10 days!

I wish we had local friends to come over. I worked away the first 10 years we lived here. The only friend I've made has moved away. B4 Covid I'd planned to join U3A - maybe I could make some friends there.

Have a successful cooking session and a good shift. Update: I wrote that before I'd seen yr productive cooking. Thank you for sharing the recipes too.

Last edited:
I've never been able to lose at that kind of rate, I've always put it down to my polycystic ovaries and probably insulin resistance. Along with the fact pretty much every diet in the past didn't restrict carbs... and the fact my willpower is questionable lol. Hopefully you will hit your target though!

I have to fight the frustration just like everyone I'm sure. It would be nice if mine would and could move faster, but I try to talk to myself in such a way that helps rather than hinders. So I've lost 9lb in around 6 weeks, over the next 6 weeks I'll be lucky if I lose 4-6 but then if I do nothing I won't lose anything. If I try my best I should at least lose some. So do I want to be sat here in 6 weeks back where I started? or do I want to be sat here at least saying ... ok. Well I'm lighter than I was last month. I'm at a point of acceptance in my life. I can maintain my status quo, I can make things worse, or... I can grit my teeth and make it better. However slowly that might be. When it comes down to quality of life it's about time I chose the latter. I've put other peoples needs ahead of my own much too often and aside from my kids who will always come first, it's my time now.

I've had a pizza made with a low carb naan today, and obviously I had to sample my baking, and I've had some dark choc. It's all in the freezer now to help me to stick to portion control. I'm going to have 1/4 of a large roasted squash with ratattouille in my bag for middle of night at work, it will be after midnight before I get to it.

Tomorrow I'll make soup with the left over chicken and stock.

It's just me and daughter this weekend but she's got plenty plans so probably won't be around much, I'll mostly just be looking after myself and the crazy dog, in between sleeping and working.

I've had a couple hours alone since son was picked up at 5, just been sitting, drinking tea, watching TV. Doesn't sound like much but I have so few hours these days when I'm truly alone I really appreciate it. I may get a few more hours during school after the Easter hols, my daughter has only been in for half a day a week lately, but should be back a bit more. Realistically though she isn't going to have a full timetable again until August!

I'm reading up that autophagy during fasting can help skin health, so wondering if it could help my psoriasis, altho the powder I got the other day has cleared up what was left of the fungal patches I had so woohoo for that. I wonder how long one has to fast to help skin, does anyone know?

I've never been able to lose at that kind of rate, I've always put it down to my polycystic ovaries and probably insulin resistance. Along with the fact pretty much every diet in the past didn't restrict carbs... and the fact my willpower is questionable lol. Hopefully you will hit your target though!

I have to fight the frustration just like everyone I'm sure. It would be nice if mine would and could move faster, but I try to talk to myself in such a way that helps rather than hinders. So I've lost 9lb in around 6 weeks, over the next 6 weeks I'll be lucky if I lose 4-6 but then if I do nothing I won't lose anything. If I try my best I should at least lose some. So do I want to be sat here in 6 weeks back where I started? or do I want to be sat here at least saying ... ok. Well I'm lighter than I was last month. I'm at a point of acceptance in my life. I can maintain my status quo, I can make things worse, or... I can grit my teeth and make it better. However slowly that might be. When it comes down to quality of life it's about time I chose the latter. I've put other peoples needs ahead of my own much too often and aside from my kids who will always come first, it's my time now.

I've had a pizza made with a low carb naan today, and obviously I had to sample my baking, and I've had some dark choc. It's all in the freezer now to help me to stick to portion control. I'm going to have 1/4 of a large roasted squash with ratattouille in my bag for middle of night at work, it will be after midnight before I get to it.

Tomorrow I'll make soup with the left over chicken and stock.

It's just me and daughter this weekend but she's got plenty plans so probably won't be around much, I'll mostly just be looking after myself and the crazy dog, in between sleeping and working.

I've had a couple hours alone since son was picked up at 5, just been sitting, drinking tea, watching TV. Doesn't sound like much but I have so few hours these days when I'm truly alone I really appreciate it. I may get a few more hours during school after the Easter hols, my daughter has only been in for half a day a week lately, but should be back a bit more. Realistically though she isn't going to have a full timetable again until August!

I'm reading up that autophagy during fasting can help skin health, so wondering if it could help my psoriasis, altho the powder I got the other day has cleared up what was left of the fungal patches I had so woohoo for that. I wonder how long one has to fast to help skin, does anyone know?
If you have polycystic ovaries losing weight can be that bit tougher the same with if you prediabetes.

You look to be a wonderful baker. But on slimming world fats and sugar are limited but I do love to bake.

I hope everything goes well tonight at work and your tweaking of your eating/fasting works well for you.

these baked things are lower carb but still too high to be too free with, all needs a bit of controlling for sure, that's why I try to find things that freeze well, then I just just defrost what I want/plan for the day. It's better to eat these than the usual baked things and biscuits. A compromise to help me get where I want to be, and trying new things helps keep me motivated.

weight is up 0.5lb but my weight does fluctuate more on my night shifts, so not too worried.

1 shift down, 5 to go... One of our colleagues is unexpectedly leaving, and another is changing to days. I hope they find us new staff soon, we don't even have enough now to scrape by. I hope they bring agency staff in, for the short term.

I have another few precious hours of alone-ness. My son is at his Dad's still and my daughter is out again. I'm still rewatching the firefly series, I'm still saddened they only had the one run lol, altho the Serenity movie follows on. There are many unanswered questions and I wish they'd had more time to tell them.

I'll take the pup for a walkie soon tho and the weather is beautiful here today, nightshift means I sleep through most of it but I quite like the evening light and long shadows of this time of year, it doesn't get properly dark until after 8pm now too.

I've just had an absolute feast, but going to count up the values here to work out the good or the bad of it. I had a pizza with keto naan again which is a bit of an addiction I have to admit, small but filling. I also had 3x strong roots cauliflower hash browns. I didn't read the label first I just 'assumed' they'd be grand. They tasted quite frankly amazing but I've since read the label lol. Bear with me, I haven't done this in advance and am looking stuff up as I write this post.

So 1x keto naan
225 cals 2g net carb

cheese
approx 120 cals 0.3g carb

peperoni
3 slices

Approx 80 cals and 0.6g carb

tomato puree
17 cals 2.9g carbs

total = 442 cals, 5.8g carbs

3x cauli hash browns = 243 cals, approx 22g net carb!

collectively 685 cals, 27.8 net carbs - not that bad actually for what felt like a real treat!

Just out of interest I'm now going to measure that against a mini normal pizza plus hash browns...

going with 1/2 of a tesco 9" pizza.

cals 409, carbs approx 38g net

3x tesco hash browns
249 cals, approx 28g net carb

total 658 cals, 66g carbs

So not much difference in calories but a massive 44g carb difference.

I can eat like this.

The cauli hash browns aren't entirely pure, they do have some potato in them, but are 43% cauliflower, and they are a little processed. I guess I should try and purify things and make them myself but much as I'm ok about making batches of keto naans etc, I think compromising on some things like these is a realistic approach. It's not perfect, they probably aren't in Jason Fungs freezer. But he can probably afford a cook lol.

I still think, all things considered that the difference in having the normal tesco pizza and hash browns v's my meal tonight is a big jump and hopefully more healthful. I'm also much less likely to be hungry in an hour, which always happens with normal pizza and potato stuff. I won't be hungry for ages, if at all really.

B4 Covid I'd planned to join U3A - maybe I could make some friends there.

Oh @AliGal - a big snap, me too! One of the reasons I moved to my town from London was that U3A was so active here - and then promptly (and quite rightly) shut its doors - so I will just have to wait until it gets up and running again. We will get there hun xx

And well done on all that fab baking and planning @ChilliQueen - I think it's incredibly sensible of you to work out what's sustainable, even if it's slightly higher in carbs - otherwise you'd be like me and constantly fall off the LC wagon (bread, looking at you here!).

hello, had a few days off from diary, lost in the oblivion of nightshifts, moving stuff around in the house too. 2 more nights and counting!

Scales showing a gain but nightshift is always a bit wonky :rolleyes:

It is tough doing nights so if you put a smidge on it will lose it again when back on day and it the land of the living.

It's weird how we are all different. I had trouble keeping weight on when I did nights. I went back to work when my 4th was 4 weeks old and I was in a size 10 uniform within a few weeks. I think it was cos I didn't eat during the day or at night. Not good really but food tasted odd.

What is U3A?
That pizza and hash brown meal!was certainly an improvement on what it could have been so well done.

U3A = University of the Third Age - clubs etc for older people/retirees, etc (sorry, should have let @AliGal answer the question lol)

Last edited:
U3A is the University of he 3rd Age - self organised education and activities for older people. They do a very wide range of different things - depending on what people are interested in, from languages and history of art to politics, history, chess, singing and painting.

Thanks, I have heard of it in academic terms but didn't know it as U3A. I've a friend teaching classes in the UK.

Back