Crazys "No Binging Allowed" Diary...

Im sure (looking at your pics) you look so good right now and if your happy at 9 stone im sure you would be doing the right thing to maintain at that weight until your in a place to change all the other things in your life my dear. Whatever you do dont let your mum dictate what you should do because you are the only one who needs to be happy with your decision xxx

Agree with Julie, I think you look amazing at 9st and staying stable at that weight will help you to get used to eating more normally, maintaining, relaxing. I've chosen to try and 'stabilise' at 11-ish, seem to be settled just below 11, and that feels fine for now. I would like to lose another 1/2 stone eventually, as a safety net, but it's more important right now to 'settle' and adjust and get some confidence at this weight. So, maybe in the autumn, who knows.

I think you have a lot of stresses in your life right now and I can see how they are pushing the triggers for you. Once the job sitch is sorted I think you will be ready to take your life forward, you have come such a long way honey in just a few short months. Keep trying, keep smiling, keep believing... better things are out there for you.

xxx

I think my mum is too. All the problems between us have mainly arrisen since I started CD. She used to always call me fat and make digs at how big I was.. but now Im slimmer if I am having an off day and I eat she makes all these nasty comments about what im eating and telling me how to lose weight by eating healthily when she is obese herself. Then makes sure she buys all my fave things and leaves them lying round the house to taunt me.

I cannot believe what I am reading about your Mum (and yours Katy cakes and others). How could you do that to your own child that you brought into the world? You expect your mum to be the one person in the world that would nurture you and look after you. My heart aches for you. I am not a perfect mum (who is?) and no doubt Jess and her sisters could have a good old moan about me sometimes but I could never hurt one of my girls and make them feel so bad about themselves. That is nothing short of abuse and mental abuse is far worse than physical.

Our self-esteem is unfortunately linked to our childhood and to the relationships we have with our parents. My dad was a violent, sadistic b**tard and my mum did not ever cuddle us. Neither of them ever said that they loved us and it has caused issues. I was never good enough, black sheep of the family apparently. I am gradually coming to terms with things at the grand old age of 54. My past cannot be changed but my future definitely can!!! Good luck to you sweetheart. You have not posted for a little while, hope you are ok. You have a 'family' on minis that will give you all the support you need. Take care xxx

Just checking in while working away Crazy, hope you are still OK & working out a way to maintain. Big hugs honey and remember we are here if you need us.

xxx

ARRRGGGHHH!! Forgot this existed haha!!

Suppose I should post in here once in a while!!

Well my second weigh in tonight!

Feeling quite nervous as weighed on my own scales today and didnt see much of a difference :?

Been very ill this morning - honestly thought I was going to be sick or faint on the train....Managed to make it in to work and had a bar (even though i already had a shake for breakfast) - told myself this was a better option than having a bacon roll or something carby!

Anyways I feel a bit better now. Just gotta down loads of water and hope to have a big flush before weight in argh!!

xxx

Crazy, just calling in to say hi... lots of us have struggled since 09, but still here and still supporting each other... lots of us posting over on gold diary area now. Just wanted to say hello and wish you well with your plan, you did so well last time and you can do it again... good luck!

xxx

Hey Katy!!:wavey:

How are you? Well it took me two years but unfortunately the weight back on. Ive had more 'restarts' that never came to much more than the same 3-4 lbs going on and off. However I feel in a much better place now and ready to comit fully (and learn for the mistakes of last time).

I wish we could stress enough to the 'newbies' how important maintenance is.

Doing it the second time round is so much harder - and it feels like all that determination the first time round was for nothing..:sigh2:

Well onwards and upwards!

Is the gold area where I have to have a certain amount of posts??

:flirt2:

xxx

Ah only 500 posts to go dammit!! Will have to start posting on here more instead of Twitter during my commute to work hehe!! :character00201:

Well my first weigh in was 4.5 lbs but that was only over 4 days, so today is the first full week!

Im very happy because a girl in my office has started today so we can help each other out with not giving into temptation! :party0011:

Jess - Your going to do great! Im really excited for you as well :D Once your head is in the right space I find weightloss gets exciting rather than daunting and hard, hehe! Maybe im just weird!! :beam:

xxx

You'll be fab chick. I agree about the maintenance - that's the really hard bit. Although getting back to goal is proving quite hard for me too, doing it this time the non-CD way after a million CD restarts that just didn't come to anything... guessing the story is not so different to yours with that. You are right, it is all about getting your head in the right zone... here's hoping that's something we can all do!

Get those posts up to 1500 and get yourself over to gold, missy!

xxx

hi guys

i started SS in April and lost 2 stones by June!!
But now i just cannot stop my eating!!!
every morning i get up and say today is the day i re-start...but by 2,3 o'clock im eating junk food again.

i did it before...but just cannot stick to it...feel crappy because ive put a stone back on already!!!

Starting again this morning.....hopefully day is the day...fingers crossed xxx

Any advise on how to stay strong....
help

So my weigh in yesterday didnt go as well as I planned - consultants scales said id only lost 2lbs - im blaming the gallons of water I drunk yday! But she took my measurements and Ive lost 3 off the waist, one off the boobs (much to my boyfriends dissapointment!), 1/2 inch off the arm, and 1 inch of the thigh. So 5 and a half inches yay!

Anyways I weighed on the scales this morning and it said I was 11.3 1/2 - which I prefer to go by - that means in the 10 full days ive been on cambridge ive lost 10lbs!!

Yippeeeee!! :talk017:

Anyways Im a bit pissed off today.. A meeting I was supposed to have with the director of HR who has come over from New York got moved to a lunch meeting. I was so determined I was going to Sole Source with no blips this week and it was ruined. he ended up choosing a fancy pattiserrie where there was no salads or 'non bread' options so I had to eat as I didnt want to be all awkward with no food or mixing up a shake as this was his first impression of me.

Needless to say it was probably the most unenjoyable 'cheat/blip' ive had, esp as I wasnt hungry and not craving food (for once). Anyways on the positive I seem to have overcome my binging tendancies and I am refusing to let this day be a right-off. Lots of water and another shake for dinner and thats me done. Im hoping my tuna and cucumber roll wont affect me too much - just damn bread making me feel bloated!!!

Hope everyone is having a good healthy day :D xxx

You'll be fab chick. I agree about the maintenance - that's the really hard bit. Although getting back to goal is proving quite hard for me too, doing it this time the non-CD way after a million CD restarts that just didn't come to anything... guessing the story is not so different to yours with that. You are right, it is all about getting your head in the right zone... here's hoping that's something we can all do!

Get those posts up to 1500 and get yourself over to gold, missy!

xxx

Anything that involves not sticking my face in a giant pizza is proving hard!! However I feel im more in the swing of things, and doing cambridge again seems to be getting easier as time goes on. Though I havent missed these nasty mood swings that come with it! lol. I wish I could do the healthy eating thing. I guess different things work for different people. Ive always needs strict discipline and rules, - perhaps this has been implanted in my brain due to being a naughty child?! haha who knows!

Grr im trying to get up to 1500 posts! I have a free evening tonight - so maybe i can spam a little?! lol!!:ignore:

xx

I can't wait! I've counted up my packs and it looks like I can start this Sunday!!!! That's a good 5-6 days before my "official" start date of the 23rd. If I can get off a few lbs of water for then - and get into the swing of things - I'll be happy! :) My size 14 :)cry:) trousers are feeling tight. Devastating. I can't wait until they are baggy again - and then to be in the 12's (and for THEM to be seriously baggy again!!)

Ahh Im excited for you! Be good to have you back on board to motivate ME!! haha! :party0011::party0011::party0011:

So what have you been eating at the moment?

Eugh I HATE that feeling of wearing tight clothes - im deliberately wearing fat and unflattering clothes so if im tempted by food - the digging in my tummy from the tight jeans tells me to stop!

Eeee we can do this!

xxx

hi guys

i started SS in April and lost 2 stones by June!!
But now i just cannot stop my eating!!!
every morning i get up and say today is the day i re-start...but by 2,3 o'clock im eating junk food again.

i did it before...but just cannot stick to it...feel crappy because ive put a stone back on already!!!

Starting again this morning.....hopefully day is the day...fingers crossed xxx

Any advise on how to stay strong....
help

I was in this pattern for a long long time - every morning Id had my shake then by mid afternoon I had given up! Sometimes I find I have to (in the early days) remove all temptation. Whether it be throwing out ALL the food in your cupboards at home that appeal to you. When I go to work often I dont take my purse with me so i wont have the option of buying food just because ive had a stressful day.

Have you considered maybe doing 4 shakes a day to start with and then once your in a routine then go down to 3? That way you can have a mid afternoon snack and wont be tempted to quit?

Good luck :)

xx

Hello chick! You are in the right place for some love and support!!! :D Keep posting! You are GORGEOUS! And doing amazing!! We'll all keep coming back to say hello and give you any support or inspiration you need!! :D

Also, just an idea, maybe only weigh every day for the first couple of weeks- it can be really disheartening if you dont loose one day and trust me....its enough to make you fall off the wagon!!!

I'm back!

Wow! Crazy looking back on this thread which was started almost 4 years ago!!

I'm determined to start posting in it again to keep me on track..

So here is what Ive been doing the past 4 years: YOYOing!!

Unfortunately for the last few years my bad relationship with food spiralled into the bottom of the toilet bowl with bulemia. Whilst not horrendously bad (i kept my teeth!) I used being sick as an excuse to eat vast proportions of food, and managed to maintain a steady weight whilst eating quite badly!

I had planned to go travelling with some friends, and in the lead up to this event I did Cambridge on and off to lose weight and got close to being a healthy BMI before I left.

Most people say they lose weight when travelling in Asia (stomach bugs, weird food they dont want to eat ect) - well i put ON weight in Asia. This was mainly due to drinking sugary drinks from buckets, pizza twice a day, and three breakfasts to cure the hangover.. and 50 nutella crepes from the side of the road!!

Moving to Australia I was certain I'd lose weight. Australians have a very healthy lifestyle - beach, sunshine, seafood, protein shakes (they even have exercise equipments in parks for people to use freely). Also food is very expensive in Australia - you are paying about 20 quid for a main course in a restaurant - and 5-6 quid for a large chocolate bar! This did not stop me.. i would spend close to 10 quid a day on binging on chocolate bars. The homesickness drove me crazy and I turned to food to replace the family and friends i missed.

I have been living in Sydney 6 months now and have put on 3 stone since I left England - i am 1 stone heavier than Ive ever been before - its not a good place. My clothes no longer fit me. I dont have any confidence anymore. I have lost my outgoing personality and would rather sit in my hostel watching tv on my laptop than going out and meeting new people.

New start

I have recently met with a new Cambridge Councillor in Sydney (Cambridge only started a year ago here). She is great and encouraging and im hoping to complete my weight loss journey in Sydney and go home at the end of the year a tiny, happy confident new me!!!!!!!

Hi Natalie I remember you, there are a few of us still around doing exactly the same yoyoing,I'm now doing Slim and Save which is very similar to Cambridge, but you buy it direct (on line or via phone orders) it is much cheaper than CD.

Good luck with your restart

Hi Trisha how are you doing?

How is Slim and Save working out for you? I think i bought some of those shakes back in the UK but wasnt a massive fan - is that the range with the macaroni cheese/spag bol ect? The price makes such a difference though - thought compared to Australian prices its even more extreme! Out here Im paying 60 pounds for a week of Cambridge shakes!

It's hard to get back in the zone but we can do it!!!! xx

Bit of diet inspiration..

No idea who she is but i want that dress!!

article-2303748-19131BEF000005DC-852_634x873.jpg

Back