Creamy chicken and bacon

For it to be free on EE you'd have to add more veg to It tho wouldn't you??

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

On EE if your gonna add pasta to the dish then yes you need to add more veg to the dish or follow it with maybe a fruit salad. But if you are not adding pasta then the 1/3 should come from the garlic, onions & mushrooms :D

furrystomper said:
On EE if your gonna add pasta to the dish then yes you need to add more veg to the dish or follow it with maybe a fruit salad. But if you are not adding pasta then the 1/3 should come from the garlic, onions & mushrooms :D

Following it with a fruit salad wouldn't work tho, as the idea of super free is to limit the amount of free food you put on your plate :)

I tend to have it on a green day as I need milk & the laughing cow so that my hex a's then I have less chicken & bacon than allowed and count it as one HEXB

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

If i was gonna have this on EE I would have a salad starter before I had it

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

This sounds lovely :p....defo goin to try this and because im on EE goin fill it up with more mushrooms and onions and have it with a SF salad!! Yummy :eating:

x

Following it with a fruit salad wouldn't work tho, as the idea of super free is to limit the amount of free food you put on your plate :)

Then you would have to serve it with a salad or veggies to help make up the 1/3 free as it already has some from the mushrooms, onions. :D

the creamy chicken and bacon was a recipe from irishchub so credit goes to them lol...
recipe is-
2 chicken breasts
4 rashers of smoked bacon (rind removed)
1 clove fresh garlic
Mushrooms
1/2 Onion
8 laughing cow light (counted as 1 hxa - as dish is between 2!)
Water

Chop chicken breast into bite size pieces and fry in little frylight over medium heat for 8 mins, chop bacon into strips and add to the pan - crush 1 clove of garlic and add to the pan, cook until chicken is browned then place in bowl to one side.

Chop onion thickly and cook in pan chicken was cooked in, halfway through cooking time add mushrooms, once cooked add to cooked chicken and bacon.

Put 8 laughing cow light triangles and a little water in a small pot over a low heat, whisk and stir until lumps are removed and sauce is warm - add your other cooked ingredients
Yum this sounds delish!:p

I would have this on a red with a HEb of pasta. It sounds lovely and I think I will put this on the list for next week.

I also think it would be easy enough to nab a wee bit of milk for the other HEa to make the sauce creamier (as opposed to water)

Mel x

Back