Creamy Curry :) (Super speedy!)

Just made this ready for tomorrow, it's brilliant! My OH is planning on using it as a soup and putting some chicken tikka pieces I made into it. :)

Rowan Rose said:
Just made this ready for tomorrow, it's brilliant! My OH is planning on using it as a soup and putting some chicken tikka pieces I made into it. :)

How much curry powder did you put in?

Rowan Rose said:
Hi Croc!

I used 2 oxo curry cubes in mine. I think they are syn free - I'll double check on the syn thread to make sure. I hope they are :)

Thank you Rowan Rose!

I made this again earlier and it's still horrible. This time I only put a tea spoon of curry powder in. What am I doing wrong- it tastes very weird and 'bitter'!! :(

Hi,

According to syn forum oxo curry cubes are syn free! Woohoo!!

I don't know why it may taste bitter. I just made up the stock with 2 cubes, poured it over the cauliflower and cooked it until it was soft and then I zapped it in the blender. In colour it looks like a korma but has a kick to it :)

Croc said:
Thank you Rowan Rose!

I made this again earlier and it's still horrible. This time I only put a tea spoon of curry powder in. What am I doing wrong- it tastes very weird and 'bitter'!! :(

Don't stop at 1 teaspoon!

I add until it tastes right. Your taste is different to x, y and z's! I added curry powder, chilli powder, cumin, coriander and I think a bit of turmeric.

Recipes can always be tweaked hun, there is no rule book to what you have to put in :) xx

Hiya. Thats why I didnt really state how much curry powder as even my own tastes change. 1tsp would NEVER be enough for me.
Somtimes I add 2 curry oxos and its perfect.
Sometimes I add 6 and some chilli powder cause I want it hotter.
Just add more and blend until your happy with the taste.
By the time youve added more curry powder ANY taste of cauli is gone.

ailly, I always add peppers, mushrooms, onions, peas (if not on red) and sometimes will add butternut squash or grated carrot and courgette.
You can add ANYTHING to it.
Whatever you fancy.
But remember the sauce is mostly superfree in itself so your already getting lots of veg.
Just add whatever you like! :) xx

Having this again tonight as have some sauce in the freezer so will be nice and quick to make tea. Having with onion, spinach and chicken plonked in. Oh and left over baby corn from the Thai red curry last night.

Yummy xx

Thanks to the OP will be trying this one night this week......chips and curry sauce here I come!!!

Made this earlier for dinner tonight... I'm not sure, I sieved it so it wasn't so grainy, maybe I didn't cook iit long enough! It's nice though, and I'm sure it'll be lovely when all put together!!!

Ooh will def try this, I'm a nanny and always looking for ways to sneak veg into the kids so will try this on them too! :)

ailly said:
Made this last night and was nice with sw chips. Would like to make a chicken curry with the leftover sauce, but unsure what veg to add to bulk up my superfree... Any suggestions?

Thanks

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

My usual homemade curries have onion, garlic, peppers, tomato and spring onion :)

Making this today whoop whoop

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Amazing is all I need to say!!! Used three curry oxo cubes, tumeric and ground cumin all in the freezer ready to use ?

I made this today and had it with SW chips done in the actifry , I used half a bag of frozen cauli a bit of diced courgette that has been in the freezer since last summer and 6 teaspoons of medium curry powder............................it was delicious my hubby thought I had been to the chippy !!

ScarlettStar86 said:
Ooh will def try this, I'm a nanny and always looking for ways to sneak veg into the kids so will try this on them too! :)

Just tried this on the kids but added some carrot, courgette and mushroom puree to it once blended. Just been told its the nicest curry they've ever tried! :) thanks for this!

Just had this and added beef, red pepper and peas and,served with Sw egg fried rice and veg stir fry, delish!!! Nobody knew it was cauliflower!!! Great idea thanks!!

Havin this tonight with chicken, king prawns, onion, red pepper, green pepper excited lol

Back