Creamy Curry :) (Super speedy!)

I use 3 stock cubes with 1 cauliflower. Although my mum makes the same thing but uses butternut squash instead of cauli and thinks it's much nicer.

Made this again on the weekend, even better this time! Served with basmati rice & SW chips. Had enough sauce leftover so popped in the freezer. Handy for a quick meal with SW chips or topping for a jacket potato!!...

fieryfrog said:
I tried this but all I could taste was cauliflower :S Perhaps I used too much cauli and not enough chicken stock. I used one cauli and one stock cube in a litre of water. Blended it and added maykway madras powder - it went a horrible merky green colour!

I use 1 cauli, 1/2 pint of stock & two cubes

I just made this for our tea tonight, we cooked and threw peppers onions and mushrooms in it and it was DELICIOUS!!!!!! We served it with some sauteed potato cubes (like sw chips but just done as cubes with mixed herbs on them)

Thank you so much for this recipe

We are going to put prawns in it next time

Love the idea of the prawns and the potato cubes! yum!

have just made it and is lovely cant wait till its tea time,thank u.xx

just made the curry and it was soooooooooo lovely,cant wait for my tea,many thanks.julie

This sounds really nice and have read ALL of the comments - big thank you for all the ideas

Just made this now. Have blitzed it, and added 3 curry oxo cubes. Leaving it to cool, then I'll portion it up and hopefully make it into some kind of meal tonight. Very impressed so far :)

I've just made this & it seems lovely. I may have put a touch too much spice in but that's my fault. I'm just going to cook some chicken & onions up to put in it.

I have to say I thought it was yummy before I put the spices in. I may have to try to think of other things to do with the base.

Emmou said:
I've just made this & it seems lovely. I may have put a touch too much spice in but that's my fault. I'm just going to cook some chicken & onions up to put in it.

I have to say I thought it was yummy before I put the spices in. I may have to try to think of other things to do with the base.

That's exactly what I'm about to do-was thinking of having it with chicken, onions, chopped Aubergine and served on a bed of cabbage and leeks :)

Welshtigger said:
That's exactly what I'm about to do-was thinking of having it with chicken, onions, chopped Aubergine and served on a bed of cabbage and leeks :)

That sounds nice, especially with the leeks. Oh leeks on a creamy sauce topped with HEXA cheese...?

Let me know what it is like please :)

Emmou said:
That sounds nice, especially with the leeks. Oh leeks on a creamy sauce topped with HEXA cheese...?

Let me know what it is like please :)

My boyfriend makes a delish pasta sauce with lowlow cheese spread and leeks and onions and it's scrummy

Had this last night with chicken,prawns,peppers,onions and carrots with rice and it was loved by all...even my little ones and my 85 year old Irish old fashioned mother in law!
Will definitely be having this again!!

The cauli sauce minus curry powder is nice in the base of a fish pie, a lady at group brought it in to a taster and it was lush . Leeks and blue cheese would be nice with it too :)

Well I tried it, added extra garlic, turmeric, cumin and chilli and loved it. OH not keen but that means more for me.

Back